Play.hooray/Claire Russell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else finding Play Hooray / Claire Russell insufferable recently? Constantly preaching about being a boss botch even though Play Hooray has clearly failed? And she’s so boring and repetitive!

Reactions: 2
Yes! TY for created this because I need to know I wasn't alone.

She seemed so well respected with her early years knowledge, I even joined her hub for a month and enjoyed the content there but I can't help but get the feeling she's separated from the kids dad and decided she needs more money so is peddling these courses.

She even had a separate profile for teaching mums how to set up businesses and it lasted a couple of months and she ditched it. She's talking about how she's found herself but she seems very lost and confused and it's such a shame this is the way she's going. So many people pointing out it sounds like MLM language

Reactions: 1
How did you find the hub? I’ve just always found her so boring, her stories go on forever and it takes her too long to get to the point!!
I assumed her play prompts weren’t making enough money so she’s had to diversify but I find her so uninspiring and she does sound too MLM!
She always says her husband works away a lot but perhaps they have split up?

I used to like her posts too but agree now it sounds like a MLM. I feel like they’ve split - he took them on holiday in the summer by himself and she’s just done the same, talks about getting used to cooking for one etc.

Yeah good point, it does look like that. I hadn’t noticed her cooking for one posts as I never manage to watch them all 😴😴😴
It’s a shame if they have split up, having such small children. Has she ever shown him and if so when did that stop?

Oh wow! I unfollowed her after her youngest was born as I found her too annoying but I've just had a look and WTF happened to her??!! She's completely changed - and not for the better!

Re hub: there was a lot of information but wasn't laid out the best. Stuff which I could have probably found online if I searched hard enough. I got it on a £1 for a month offer and I definitely don't think it's for £20. There was a forum but didn't seem very active. I did save some of the info for when my kid is older, but I assume she wants people to stay on it each month? It just didn't seem value for money.

Re partner: I remember her mentioning him here and there, I don't think she ever showed him but a few weeks ago she said the boys were with there dad so she had some time to herself and thats what got me confused. Maybe it was me but it seems more like they split up, she's then gone on this journey to discover herself and who is is post break up. Maybe I'm wrong but she set up a separate account to help mums in business and then ditched it, and has now changed her business 180. She's claiming that playhooray hasn't ended but it has really, she's not talking about it or promoting it. I just don't like her now. She used to seem so down to earth and now she's peddling her MLM sounding bull. I'm just glad it isn't me confused by it all

She confirmed in one of her Q&As the other day that she has split up with her husband.

Her page is so bloody constant. It's just embarrassing.

She confirmed in one of her Q&As the other day that she has split up with her husband.

Her page is so bloody constant. It's just embarrassing.
Thanks for confirming, I did notice she wasn’t wearing a wedding ring. Did she give any details? I’m just too nosy!
---
I don’t understand what her business is now
Me neither, just seems like a load of buzz words repeated 300 times a day. I’m baffled as to who is booking her courses and what they hope to achieve.

She’s become the worst type of scam artist on Instagram. Peddling her overpriced courses to vulnerable new mums, promising them the secret to getting huge passive income and a renewed self of self purely from buying her advice about manifesting and creating vision boards.

Posting screenshots of how much revenue she is generating to convince a specific group of mums that they can do it too if they only just follow her advice from her courses. It’s manipulative and preying on the very group of mums that she purports to be helping. Her content just involves her writing post it notes with supposedly inspirational phrases like ‘what if you did it? What if you learned to love yourself?’ People like her are quite frankly dangerous charlatans selling snake oil on the internet. I mean look at this story she posted…if this won’t make a load of sad mums run to buy her course than what will?
---

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Knew there would be a thread soon on this! Very big u turn for her and has a very MLM vibe about her sales technique. Like you're watching a rep from FM perfumes. Looking at her business model, it's the classic of: build a look and feel for your brand, give away a free course to hook in customers and then sell online courses on something and those courses are probably about personal growth and manifesting if you've not got expertise in a given field. Kind of fair enough but like you say, it's preying on vulnerable women IMO.

Gosh she's so quickly becoming deceptive to her audience and I hate the money flashing sales technique which I agree is very MLM.

It makes me so angry when she puts stories up like the one about 'Jessica' who has two small children including a newborn and she's starting her own business! Wow look at how amazing 'Jessica' is.....

No, anyone who has had 2 young children at any point and a tiny dose of common sense will know that it is absolutely the last thing 'Jessica' needs to do right now. It is literally preying on some of the most vulnerable. Many may be on maternity leave and I certainly don't remember having cash to splash when I was in that situation, especially so close to Christmas and that was before any cost of living issues.

It's actually horrific

I was hoping as time went on, things would become clearer. The only part that has become clear is she has ditched play hooray because she wants more money and is using vulnerable women as her target. She set up a page at the beginning of the year do some kind of consultancy around business but gave up on that and converted play hooray instead.

It's such a shame because I really liked her play content and she seemed genuine. I do wonder how long this lasts before she turns into something else.

I was hoping as time went on, things would become clearer. The only part that has become clear is she has ditched play hooray because she wants more money and is using vulnerable women as her target. She set up a page at the beginning of the year do some kind of consultancy around business but gave up on that and converted play hooray instead.

It's such a shame because I really liked her play content and she seemed genuine. I do wonder how long this lasts before she turns into something else.
Yes and her Q&A a few days ago literally said she ditched it because it was too much effort. So basically too much effort to do an enriching business when she could just scam off some of her market with some very bloated advice on running a business.

Reactions: 4
I have been a long time fan of play hooray, the ideas helped us through lockdown! But my GOD what's happened to her. I'm glad she did a reminder about unfollowing accounts that don't bring you joy recently... Bye bye

• Haha
Reactions: 3