Pink Honey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted to make a thread to discuss the ongoing drama at the moment with the Pink Honey brand trip... I'm so invested as it's all over my FYP. I wondered if anyone else has been following it too?

---

ETA, I'm getting really annoyed by the influencers who keep saying 'diversity is such an important thing to me', then why were you supporting a brand that wasn't diverse in the first place? Now you've been called out you want to cry that you were shocked when you arrived at the brand trip. But you stayed and probably took a lot of content which you now can't post

Reactions: 8
Oooh I’m here for this 🐸 ☕

I bought and tried their BFF face frosting when it first went viral and it’s bloody awful and orange. The packaging feels like cheap plastic tat. Not wanted to buy anything else from there since.

All the influencers that went and are now “speaking up” are definitely following some kind of script. Sat there with no makeup on, looking sad saying “I’ve needed time to reflect and that we all need to do better. Like sorry, who is “we??”

So funny how they’re all throwing PH under the bus to save their own skin. The beauty and fashion industry have favoured able bodied young white conventionally attractive females for decades. They wouldn’t have given a tit about inclusivity and shade ranges if PH wasn’t called out.

Reactions: 7
I can’t deal with the influencers that are saying how it was a massive shock when they walked in and saw all white influencers. No it wasn’t??? It’s only a shock that you’ve suddenly faced backlash and feel held to account.

I also feel sorry for the small businesses who have come out and said they feel conned/scammed by PH, which to me is also a big issue. I wonder if PH will ever bounce back from this?

Reactions: 7
I can’t deal with the influencers that are saying how it was a massive shock when they walked in and saw all white influencers. No it wasn’t??? It’s only a shock that you’ve suddenly faced backlash and feel held to account.

I also feel sorry for the small businesses who have come out and said they feel conned/scammed by PH, which to me is also a big issue. I wonder if PH will ever bounce back from this?
Exactly. None of them asked if the trip would be inclusive and diverse before they attended. PH absolutely need to be held accountable, but these influencers could use their power for good.

Reactions: 1
The “massive shock” is so laughable.

Also agree about the small businesses being shafted for £100s and no exposure. I’d be absolutely furious if I gifted my products thinking I’d get some kind of mention/tag.

& this is such a piss poor reply from one of the influencers in attendance. (Not to single her out but just as an example). They really have no idea on business or public relations. They’re just grabby and greedy.

IMG_1316.jpeg

I think young impressionable teens will still buy from PH, so I doubt their sales will be affected massively. I could be wrong though. But IMO they’ll be quiet on socials for a while and it’ll all get swept under the rug. Maybe another statement from the owner.

Reactions: 2
Exactly. None of them asked if the trip would be inclusive and diverse before they attended. PH absolutely need to be held accountable, but these influencers could use their power for good.
I mean I'm not an influencer by any means but whenever I have a work meeting or event I alway find out who's going, I fail to see how not 1 of these influences asked who else was going. But do I think if they did know they would reject the invite? Doubtful.

What makes me laugh about the influencers is they 100% had already filmed all their brand trip content and unboxing their gifts 🤣🤣 now they want to sit and say they've been trying to find the words and get their minds straight and felt uncomfortable. No you didn't!! Even though the main issue here is PH, I think it just leans into the whole influencer culture and it's about time a lot of them got cancelled and we move away from idolising them (not that I ever did, but you know).

I am just waiting to see what PH do next in regards to this, but a lot of people are gunning for them now and I don't think they will make an easy return to Tiktok

Reactions: 4
The video that the creator of PH posted was so fake it was laughable. She looked like she was really trying her best to squeeze out a few tears, and I notice how she conveniently turned the comments off

It's one of those brands that I see a lot on TikTok and have got close to buying stuff, but then I've realised that the only people I've ever seen saying they are any good are people who've been paid to say that and it always puts me off

I saw one TikToker saying that they had made PH around £14k worth of sales with their links and they weren't invited, but white girls who'd made them a lot less money were invited

Reactions: 6
The owner of PH isn’t a nice girl anyway, very up herself and looks down on other girls who aren’t all fillered up etc