Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lexiloo

VIP Member
I put toothpaste and a new toothbrush in just so I can always remind my kids that santa says we need to brush our teeth 🤣 I have also sometimes put a more luxurious bubble bath in too
bubble bath I totally get, same as bath bombs etc but a 95p bottle of alberto balsam shampoo seems an odd choice for a childs stocking, I look forward to seeing Neil's gifts as he usually gets a shower gel, two packets of crisps and chocolate coins 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Ninjacat

I don't think I'll be watching the rest of vlogmas. She really speaks to her children terribly, she is unkind to them and they look scared of her. If that's what we see in a short video imagine how bad it is off camera. Parenting isn't just about shouting at your kids all the time and whining about it. Absolutely pathetic

ETA way to spread your germs to everyone before Christmas but it's OK cause its not Covid right??

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

sandsbaker

Looks like she spent a lot more than usual on Neil’s presents this year too! Defo have got some money from somewhere 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 9

Sophiadee

VIP Member
I must have grown up in a different universe to you guys then, because I feel like Flo's reaction was typical behaviour of a child who's been caught doing something naughty and doesn't want to be told off about it. Jess didn't need to call her a shithead but I think it's a minor in comparison to what Flo did. Taking things that aren't yours and hiding them is akin to stealing, and kids need to be taught that there are consequences of that. Out of curiosity, how would you guys have dealt with the situation? I thought there was nothing wrong with how Jess reacted, but I'm obviously here on my own, living on Mars.
Erm nope. My parents used to beat the shit out of me too, I estranged from them as a teenager. So I know from being abused myself that I needed to do things very differently with my daughter which includes emotional abuse and speaking to my child like shit. I think going through it too you should understand how it is to be on the other end. I would explain why she shouldn’t have done what she did in a calm tone and make her apologise for it. What’s shouting and swearing gonna do to correct her behaviour in the long run if she has no idea why it’s wrong? And have your child fear you is gonna cause another load of problems

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
P pointed out where Flo was before she was asked, toddlers don’t act
93369F7A-979F-40DF-B974-98A2A9860979.jpeg
5167422A-ABAD-4156-BA6A-687327E97C83.png

• Sad
  • Wow

Keziah

She’s never been very maternal and that stems from the relationship she has with her own mother. She’s always had zero patience from when P was little it’s just escalated since F has come along. You can tell she is struggling to cope tho just look at the state of the house. She never used to be so messy she was always cleaning and very anal with P. I remember the blog when she cut up P’s dummy and with F she seems to always have it stuck in her mouth. It’s really affecting her teeth. I don’t want to tear Jess down but I really do think she needs some help maybe to see a therapist she has issues that need addressing like her anger and irritability, her body dysmorphia and maybe she has unresolved issues with her mother wound that need addressing. It might help her to become a more patient and understanding parent? Anyone agree?.

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Jess says she's kept things scaled back this year and doesn't think she's been excessive. Said after showing about £180 of presents for Florence, some of which weren't bought with her in mind..... For example, a leapfrog thing that wasn't bought for anyone (??) but it was cheap and needs gifting to someone, Playmobil that's far too old for her, A lined notepad, A dress that was bought before she was conceived, An Echo dot that P will apparently like more.

I don't understand why she's wrapping up P's old toys as presents. I'm an older child and knew that my old toys would be shared with my younger sibling, which I was asked about. They weren't whisked off to the attic to reappear a few years later being wrapped up for someone else. Florence already has SO MANY presents, they don't need to bulk them out with P's old toys. It's an opportunity to teach about sharing as well.

Jess didn't want the Christmas squishmallow, that Florence loves, to be out all year round so she's bought her another and the Christmas one can be put in the loft and just used at Christmas.... Just let the kid enjoy her toys! Who cares!?

Instead of stockpiling things on sale over a period of years why doesn't she just buy presents FOR the person based on what they like at the time? It doesn't even make financial sense because they must constantly be buying reduced things and raiding the attic. Surprised the ceiling hasn't caved in.

Reactions: 8
Wow that’s so bad about Florence’s car seat. My daughter didn’t go into one until 4 1/2. As I went to buy one and John Lewis said no her car seat still fit until she was a certain weight. The stockings are so excessive! My daughter has about 10 things, all thought about. If you watch Charlotte Taylor video on stockings a few little toys boys and useful things they need. Not millions of things brought cheap. Also I cannot believe she goes to David Lloyd gym. In my area it’s £120 plus a month! She even said it’s a privage to go to the gym especially the one she goes to. And they pay for Florence to go to private nursery two mornings a week. She definitely isn’t as poor as she makes out.

• Wow

37BBL

VIP Member
I used to really enjoy watching her a few years back and felt she was so genuine and relatable but its just too much now. She has such a short fuse and she snaps in front of the kids all the time, she is so uptight about every little thing!
She strikes me as someone who always likes to think they have it worse than anyone else. I know we haven't seen her for ages on YT and we don't see the whole day, but she never seems to just be enjoying the kids or enjoying being with them. Everything is such a stress.
She said the other day she watches Zoes vlogmass so she must recognise she is so short tempered in comparison??

monga

VIP Member
Notice she said P doesn’t like being a big sister she calls Flo annoying, wonder where she heard that from 🙄

• Sad

Sophiadee

VIP Member
Just watched the video, her saying parenting is relatable ofc like everyone’s saying in the comments but the way she treats them isn’t and is borderline abusive. There’s literally no fun in that house, it looks like they’re all walking on egg shells around Jess, Niel included

She was going home to heat up a cup of tea that she'd made 4 hours earlier and didn't have time to drink.....she couldn't be bothered to make another one and wasn't going to waste it so she was going to microwave it. I have no words.

• Sick

Bobbles223

Every child is individual though we have to assume she knows flo better than us I don't think she's purposely left her out, my youngest is 2 weeks younger than flo and no way would she sit through a panto or cope with the noise

Markusadam

last Year I did stocking for my kids with bits like toothbrushes,shampoo etc and they thought I was loosing my mind! We just buy all that stuff in the weekly shop when needed!!!

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I created a new thread because it was long overdue. Never done this before so hope it works OK!

Recap of the last thread
Jess had her breast reduction, which was funded through Go Fund Me. She opted to go private and ask for donations instead of pursuing the NHS referral she was in the process of but worded it so that it sounded like the NHS referral wasn't an option for her and that there was no way she could afford to go private. There were quite a few in depth videos about the reduction and her recovery but she mentioned during Vlogmas 2021 that she was having some issues with her mental health and would be taking a break from YouTube. Vlogmas felt a bit awkward because she kept snapping at the kids and didn't seem OK. Also kept sitting Florence on the hob.

Her What I Got for Christmas video and video was VERY generous last year especially for someone who led her viewers to believe they were struggling financially. She did a sales haul with a few mentions of putting herself first and treating herself and seemed to have joined an expensive gym. Then she didn't upload for the entirety of 2022..... until Vlogmas day 1, much to everyone's surprise.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
I thought she was extra careful round her mum, yet sent Flo for a sleepover despite saying she’s probably caught their nasty bug, effing and blinding in the car in front of Flo and feeling stressed because they were ill and couldn’t attend the things they’d planned .

• Angry