Pet vaccinations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vets do that to make money. They also advise you to put poison in the back of an animals neck every month and to vaccinate every year. All of this is to make money, Wake up!
What a ridiculous comment. Vets give pets those things to avoid preventable parasites, it’s not poison 🙄 Do you really think every vet in the world has so little regard for animal’s welfare that they happily “poison” them to make money? Take your tinfoil hat off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Vets do that to make money. They also advise you to put poison in the back of an animals neck every month and to vaccinate every year. All of this is to make money, Wake up!
I hope that you never see an unvaccinated Puppy/Dog that’s ill & near death from Parvovirus/Distemper. Once a year Vaccination stops this suffering and so many needless deaths.
I really hope you have no 🐶 if that’s your way of thinking a responsible Owner should be 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Please say your not anti vaxx?

How would you explain those stray animals in countries where this type of treatment is generally not offered? They are dying in such a cruel nature when it could have been preventable. Sorry but I wont agree. Mang thanks for your input 👋

I know people on here praise MP but I cant stand her. Very smug and thinks shes better than anyone, but to me shes trying to be clever and make out shes different when really shes all the same
If you want to vax, then do one round after 10 weeks. But not Leptospirosis 2 or 4. It’s too dangerous, and this country does not have a problem with Lepto, and it is treatable with antibiotics. Ask your vet how many actual cases of Lepto he or she has personally treated. Go to Novibac Lepto 4 Our Experiences FB Group for stories of how much damage this vax does. Maternal antibodies are usually present in puppies until approximately 16 weeks, possibly later. It’s best to titer first to see. Boosters are not needed, just titer. Titers can be low, which on,y means that the dog has not co e into contact with that particular disease recently.

I hope that you never see an unvaccinated Puppy/Dog that’s ill & near death from Parvovirus/Distemper. Once a year Vaccination stops this suffering and so many needless deaths.
I really hope you have no 🐶 if that’s your way of thinking a responsible Owner should be 😕
Once a year vax is not and has never been needed. You’ve drunk the vet kool aid.. Titer your dog instead. Same with rabies, yearly or three yearly vax for that is not needed. Do you think vets vax themselves every year against rabies in the United States or other countries where it is present?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
If you want to vax, then do one round after 10 weeks. But not Leptospirosis 2 or 4. It’s too dangerous, and this country does not have a problem with Lepto, and it is treatable with antibiotics. Ask your vet how many actual cases of Lepto he or she has personally treated. Go to Novibac Lepto 4 Our Experiences FB Group for stories of how much damage this vax does. Maternal antibodies are usually present in puppies until approximately 16 weeks, possibly later. It’s best to titer first to see. Boosters are not needed, just titer. Titers can be low, which on,y means that the dog has not co e into contact with that particular disease recently.

Once a year vax is not and has never been needed. You’ve drunk the vet kool aid.. Titer your dog instead. Same with rabies, yearly or three yearly vax for that is not needed. Do you think vets vax themselves every year against rabies in the United States or other countries where it is present?
I'm grateful for the ignore button

Reactions: 11
I'm grateful for the ignore button
You should ask the vaccine manufacturers. They *only* recommend vax every three years, yet lots if vets say once a year, to make money. You cannot boost immunity. You either are or aren’t. Educate yourself.

@Mustard sometimes people have no choice but to vaccinate, if they need to use kennels or a cattery when they go away. They won't take pets without proof the animal has been vaccinated. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Reactions: 5
From Dr. Ronald Schultz, leading veterinary immunologist on vaccines and titers.

@Mustard sometimes people have no choice but to vaccinate, if they need to use kennels or a cattery when they go away. They won't take pets without proof the animal has been vaccinated. Right or wrong, it is what it is.
Many kennels and catteries now accept titers. You can always get someone to care for the animal in your home.

Attachments

• Haha
You should ask the vaccine manufacturers. They *only* recommend vax every three years, yet lots if vets say once a year, to make money. You cannot boost immunity. You either are or aren’t. Educate yourself.
It is absolute rubbish to say “you can’t boost immunity” with vaccines and laughable that you then say “educate yourself” 😂 You are clearly completely ignorant of how vaccination and the immune system works. Many vaccines require boosters to ensure the memory immune response is adequate. The number of boosters required is dependent on the vaccine formulation, they are all different. Exposure to infectious organisms also does not always guarantee lifelong immunity.

Reactions: 6
From Dr. Ronald Schultz, leading veterinary immunologist on vaccines and titers.

Many kennels and catteries now accept titers. You can always get someone to care for the animal in your home.
What’s so funny - are you a leading vet immunologist too? I thought you were ignoring me?

It is absolute rubbish to say “you can’t boost immunity” with vaccines and laughable that you then say “educate yourself” 😂 You are clearly completely ignorant of how vaccination and the immune system works. Many vaccines require boosters to ensure the memory immune response is adequate. The number of boosters required is dependent on the vaccine formulation, they are all different. Exposure to infectious organisms also does not always guarantee lifelong immunity.
No, they need exposure, not more vaccinations.

And, some animals are complete non responders. This is another reason why titers are important.

Last edited:
I’m not ignoring you, that was someone else. I am a human immunologist. The above is not wrong, I agree that tests to show antibody titres are fine to prove immunity. That is not what I am referring to. You stated that you cannot boost immunity with vaccines which is not true. And now you have stated that you think animals should be exposed to the pathogens rather than be vaccinated against them, is that correct? I presume therefore you would be happy to be exposed to Ebola rather than receive the vaccine?

We have vaccines so we can become immune to diseases without the risk of illness and death. As it is an artificial process, some vaccines need to be repeated to ensure adequate immunity. Sure you can test titres first and if they are adequate there is no need for vaccination. You however seem to be saying there is no need to vaccinate, deworm or deflea animals at all which is absolutely incorrect and also extremely negligent.

Reactions: 7
why wouldn't anyone want to vaccinate their pets if not just for peace of mind?? They are family and loved. The cost is worth it just for that reason alone

Reactions: 8
Our old cat we never vaccintated (bar kitten jabs!) and he lived to 17. We now have 3 others and theyre vaccintated yearly as we lost a kitten at 9 weeks old to cat flu/pneumonia, ill take an precortion I can now to protect my furbabies.

Reactions: 5

It seems my years at University studying Veterinary Medicine then 19yrs as a Veterinary Nurse count for nothing!! Can I ask what qualifications you have in the Animal field? Is it the University of Life you received your Doctorate 😁

I’m not ignoring you, that was someone else. I am a human immunologist. The above is not wrong, I agree that tests to show antibody titres are fine to prove immunity. That is not what I am referring to. You stated that you cannot boost immunity with vaccines which is not true. And now you have stated that you think animals should be exposed to the pathogens rather than be vaccinated against them, is that correct? I presume therefore you would be happy to be exposed to Ebola rather than receive the vaccine?

We have vaccines so we can become immune to diseases without the risk of illness and death. As it is an artificial process, some vaccines need to be repeated to ensure adequate immunity. Sure you can test titres first and if they are adequate there is no need for vaccination. You however seem to be saying there is no need to vaccinate, deworm or deflea animals at all which is absolutely incorrect and also extremely negligent.
And the 🏆 goes to QuiteTheChin!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7
Our old cat we never vaccintated (bar kitten jabs!) and he lived to 17. We now have 3 others and theyre vaccintated yearly as we lost a kitten at 9 weeks old to cat flu/pneumonia, ill take an precortion I can now to protect my furbabies.
Why would you vaccinate yearly? You said you had a cat who lived to 17 after only having kitten jabs. I know many vet nurses and that is all they do for their cats. Kitten jabs only. Annual vaccinations are a money making scheme by many veterinarians.

Why would you vaccinate yearly? You said you had a cat who lived to 17 after only having kitten jabs. I know many vet nurses and that is all they do for their cats. Kitten jabs only. Annual vaccinations are a money making scheme by many veterinarians.

I had a cat die after a *booster*. Until then I believed in boosters, however the vet told me that bad reactions can happen yet they don’t tell owners. She only told me this after my cat died.

why wouldn't anyone want to vaccinate their pets if not just for peace of mind?? They are family and loved. The cost is worth it just for that reason alone
If you are talking about *boosters* because it’s necessary and you are putting poison into your animal for no reason. Do you or your family get annual vaccinations?

Last edited:

I had a cat die after a *booster*. Until then I believed in boosters, however the vet told me that bad reactions can happen yet they don’t tell owners. She only told me this after my cat died.

If you are talking about *boosters* because it’s necessary and you are putting poison into your animal for no reason. Do you or your family get annual vaccinations?
Ours come as part of our care package so its included

Ours come as part of our care package so its included
That’s how they make money. Why do you need a care package? They aren’t doing you a favour. Does the care package include monthly spot on flea meds? Vets have marketing companies working for them and this is how they are told to make money. Don’t give your cat or dog wormers, use a fecal test a few times a year to ascertain if they have worms. They probably don’t. But if they do then you can address the problem.

Had dog's my whole life my family have all had dogs in their lives, which have all lived between 13 and 15 years old or even older. All have had injections, all have had boosters every year never ever an issue 🤷‍♀️
I will say I do not agree with these monthly payment plans that the vets now try and get you to set up

Our plan gives us one free appt for each cat, discount on another and then perks like nail clipping ect. Might not be for everyone but it works for us.

My dogs are both vaccinated and will be throughout their lives. My parents however had the puppy ones done and never had a jab since, both dogs are 13+ and healthy!
Just do what suits you.

Reactions: 2
What a ridiculous comment. Vets give pets those things to avoid preventable parasites, it’s not poison 🙄 Do you really think every vet in the world has so little regard for animal’s welfare that they happily “poison” them to make money? Take your tinfoil hat off.
I didn’t say every vet in the world, but many vets do this to make money. This has been going on for about ten years.m They employ marketing companies to advise them how to raise their income. The monthly fees they try to get you to sign up for which includes flea treatment and *booster* shots are indicative of this. The FDA in the US has issued warnings about the spot on treatments and the European Medicines Agency is tracking the problems caused by the internal flea treatments.