Pet vaccinations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yearly boosters are a money making scam. Too much scaremongering by vets that many people are poorly educated on the damage they can do, same with chemical flea and worming treatments....
👍nice to see another believer. I think *most* people are pro all the stuff vets throw at you until something happens to their pet. Look at protectthepets.com. It’s a .
US website run by a Connecticut vet who decided to stop ovvervacinating animals. He worked for Banfield, a company that is steadily buying up many private vet practices as older vets are retiring. Banfield are also over here. 😩

I know a girl that has a dog, its a few years old now, I think he's 8. She told me he has never had any vaccinations. Not even the ones that they have when they are newborns. And she's taking him for walks most days n everything. Blows my mind!

Reactions: 1
I know a girl that has a dog, its a few years old now, I think he's 8. She told me he has never had any vaccinations. Not even the ones that they have when they are newborns. And she's taking him for walks most days n everything. Blows my mind!
How irresponsible. The fact he hasn’t caught anything shows he is very lucky to be surrounded by dogs owned by decent owners who vaccinate and therefore don’t pass on the bugs.

My grandparents dog lived to be 15. He never had any vaccinations. My cat is 17 and is doing very well, again without vaccinations. Not saying I’m against them completely, and if you want to get them for peace of mind it’s up to you. Maybe we have just been lucky. I hope when I have more pets, they will live just as long🙏🏻

ETA- I was a child when I had these pets so it wasn’t up to me whether they would get vaccines. The cat has only been to the vet to get neutered.

This is such a random thread but one that I actually need right now! I have a cat that I usually vaccinate every year and give regular worming/flea treatment to. My circumstances have changed and I now live very remotely without access to a car so I’m not able to get to a vets easily.

I am more worried about the worming treatment though, she loves munching mice so I’m worried she might catch something!

This is such a random thread but one that I actually need right now! I have a cat that I usually vaccinate every year and give regular worming/flea treatment to. My circumstances have changed and I now live very remotely without access to a car so I’m not able to get to a vets easily.

I am more worried about the worming treatment though, she loves munching mice so I’m worried she might catch something!
Join the Raw & Holistic Cat & Dog Support Group. Your cat does not need any more vaccinations. If you are worried about worms then use wormcount.com to test for worms. It's done by post.

Thus shows that animals can build natural immunity.

Ive been thinking about this and at the end of the day if I had kids Id vaccinate them to do all I could to protect them so Ill do the same for my pets.

Ive been thinking about this and at the end of the day if I had kids Id vaccinate them to do all I could to protect them so Ill do the same for my pets.
Would you vaccinate your children or yourself every year though? No, of course not. Thus is what vets now try to force owners to do.

I studied animals at college. My lecturer was actually a vet and he told us that primary vaccinations are a must but boosters are not. My dog lived until she was 14, she had her primary vaccinations and never had a booster after that. She only visited the vet once in 13 years and that was to be spayed at 6 months. You could call it luck but my cat who is also sadly not with us anymore only ever had them as a kitten and spent most of his life outdoors. Again he never visited the vets in his life.

Hi
Reviving an old thread here as my pup had his second vaccinations on Monday. I ended up taking him back to the vet this morning as he was very lethargic and had severe pain when opening his mouth and we have a provisional diagnosis of MMM - Masticatory Muscle Myositis. He’s had an injection of Prednisone and we have to go back tomorrow morning to see if there’s any improvement and to take bloods. I was just wondering if anyone here has any actual experience of this as at the moment I’m scaring myself silly reading all sorts of horror stories on dog forums and anti vaxxer sites but I’m hoping someone here might be more knowledgeable on what I should expect to hear or questions I should ask the vet in the morning? Many thanks 😊

Hi
Reviving an old thread here as my pup had his second vaccinations on Monday. I ended up taking him back to the vet this morning as he was very lethargic and had severe pain when opening his mouth and we have a provisional diagnosis of MMM - Masticatory Muscle Myositis. He’s had an injection of Prednisone and we have to go back tomorrow morning to see if there’s any improvement and to take bloods. I was just wondering if anyone here has any actual experience of this as at the moment I’m scaring myself silly reading all sorts of horror stories on dog forums and anti vaxxer sites but I’m hoping someone here might be more knowledgeable on what I should expect to hear or questions I should ask the vet in the morning? Many thanks 😊
So sorry to hear this. How old is your dog? If you are on FB then join the Raw & Holistic Cat & Dog Support Group. Personally I would only now use a vet who had further qualified as a homeopathic vet. Where do you live? The bahvs.com can help you find one. The British Association of Homeopathic Veterinary Surgeons. Do not allow any vet to give any further vaccinations. Thus reaction also needs to be reported to the vaccination manufacturer. If you do vaccinate, which you obviously did, then one shot after 10 weeks (but no lepto) is the manufacturers recommendation which your vet did not follow. Did your dog get a lepto shot?

Last edited:
Yes it was the second round of the Nobivac L4 vaccine. He had the first at 7 weeks with the breeder so isn’t due any more. Thank you for the reply, I’ll have a look at the bahvs site

Yes it was the second round of the Nobivac L4 vaccine. He had the first at 7 weeks with the breeder so isn’t due any more. Thank you for the reply, I’ll have a look at the bahvs site
Please join the Novibac Lepto4 FB group for support and help. I think it might be prefaced with Does Novibac Lepto4 kill Dogs - sorry to be so blunt. It’s a terrible drug. And join the other group I mentioned. Also join Canine Health Concern - Natural Healthcare. There are a few vets in that group.

I wanted to add that if there isn’t a homeopathic vet near you, many of them can do a consult by Skype/FaceTime. Nick Thompson is excellent, as is Christopher Day and Vince McNally (Vincethevet)