Pet death - Dealing with the inevitable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh that’s so kind, we’ve got just a few more hours with him. I keep getting waves of guilt but I know deep down it’s right for him. 😭
I'm glad you've had the full day, stay strong lovely, you're doing the right thing ❤ come back later to rant if you want to x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi everyone

Having to deal with the likelihood that my babygirl will have to be pts tomorrow or very soon. She’s an 18 year old tabby and she’s been my shadow ever since we adopted her. I’m absolutely heart broken and can’t remember life without her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone

Having to deal with the likelihood that my babygirl will have to be pts tomorrow or very soon. She’s an 18 year old tabby and she’s been my shadow ever since we adopted her. I’m absolutely heart broken and can’t remember life without her.
It’s so hard. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I did last year. Just be with her. Lots of kisses goodbye. And let yourself feel sad. Never be made to feel she was just a pet. And as hard as it is your will always know you did you best for her ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone

Having to deal with the likelihood that my babygirl will have to be pts tomorrow or very soon. She’s an 18 year old tabby and she’s been my shadow ever since we adopted her. I’m absolutely heart broken and can’t remember life without her.im sending you a big hug
She has been so loved give her lots of cuddles and let her know how loved she is I'm sure she has had a full happy life with you setting her free is the last kind act you can do for her

• Heart
Hi everyone

I’m so sorry. My tabby was pts 4 weeks ago, there is a big hole in my heart. But I know he was so loved and had such a wonderful life with us. I was pretty inconsolable for about two weeks but we made a photo album and talked about the photos which has helped massively.

I did all his favourite things on the day and have him as many cuddles as I could. Thinking of you 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone

Bless you ❤ 18 is amazing, shows how much she is loved to get to that age. So sorry for you, enjoy every minute you have. When the time does come, you know you will be doing it for her, stay strong xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone

So sorry to hear this. Sending you a big hug ❤

• Heart
Sending much love to all those who have lost their furry friends :cry:.

I have no words of advice - the only thing that helps is the passage of time. It is so hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sending much love to all those who have lost their furry friends :cry:.

I have no words of advice - the only thing that helps is the passage of time. It is so hard.
There are no words of advice, I've lost lovely pets , but my biggest one was my girl last year, she really got me, I look at a her photo everyday and say hello to her and blow her a kiss, bleddy animals, one of my biggest worries is if I die, who'd take care of my boys.

Hi everyone

So sorry. We're all here for you when you need us xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
There are no words of advice, I've lost lovely pets , but my biggest one was my girl last year, she really got me, I look at a her photo everyday and say hello to her and blow her a kiss, bleddy animals, one of my biggest worries is if I die, who'd take care of my boys.

So sorry. We're all here for you when you need us xxx
Hi Maid,
There is an amazing organisation called The Cinnamon Trust who help with this. They are based in Cornwall but work nationwide. I have been a supporter and occasional volunteer for many years. They support pets when their owners become unwell or sadly pass away.

I cannot tell you what a brilliant organisation they are. They have given so much hope for pet owners with these worries like you.

So perhaps if it would be a good idea for you to leave details at home with the boys stuff to say if anything happened to you please call this organisation or similar.

I've left a huge massive letter detailing my wishes for my cat if I pass away.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi Maid,
There is an amazing organisation called The Cinnamon Trust who help with this. They are based in Cornwall but work nationwide. I have been a supporter and occasional volunteer for many years. They support pets when their owners become unwell or sadly pass away.

I cannot tell you what a brilliant organisation they are. They have given so much hope for pet owners with these worries like you.

So perhaps if it would be a good idea for you to leave details at home with the boys stuff to say if anything happened to you please call this organisation or similar.

I've left a huge massive letter detailing my wishes for my cat if I pass away.
Thank you, I'll look into that xx

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure if that's an option, I'll ask mum and see if it's something to think about. Our boy is always so nervous when going to the vets, it would make it even harder to see him so anxious when the time comes...

Oh gosh that is so sad, it's such a difficult thing I'm in bits just imagining being there and witnessing his passing but then I really wouldn't want him to be alone and left with strangers. It's such a difficult thing...
My parents had their dog put to sleep due to Cancer the week before last. They used a company called Dignipets. Them being able to come out to the house made things a little bit easier. Plenty of time to say goodbye, very compassionate etc. They take care of arrangements afterwards too like cremation.

Thinking of you.

• Heart
  • Sad
how are you doing @TruffleTrifle? You've been in my thoughts.
Thank you so much ❤ It turned out she is ok for now but had some stomach problems which made her seem like she was struggling more than she was, so effectively it’s a false alarm. She had some fluids and rest and she’s much better. This week has been an emotional rollercoaster. I was thrilled she is still here but I know there’s going to be more scares like this now she’s so old. For now I’m just enjoying every day I can with my princess!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you so much ❤ It turned out she is ok for now but had some stomach problems which made her seem like she was struggling more than she was, so effectively it’s a false alarm. She had some fluids and rest and she’s much better. This week has been an emotional rollercoaster. I was thrilled she is still here but I know there’s going to be more scares like this now she’s so old. For now I’m just enjoying every day I can with my princess!
Lovely to hear that. Enjoy everyday x

• Heart
My tabby boy did the exact same to us in August. He’s 13, lost 1/2 his body weigh rapidly, wasn’t eating and generally just wants himself. Vets prepared us for the worst and we were heartbroken. Couple days in the vet on his drip and he turned a corner big time. Started wolfing food. What followed was back and forth checks every week, antibiotics for 6 weeks and he’s just last week been “signed off” no further checks required. He’s gained 2kgs and is his usual self. We are so grateful.

Point of this is please please don’t despair. Your girl is getting stronger and on the mend. What our experience has taught us to slowly start to accept the fact there will be a time when he goes over thw rainbow bridge. But it’s not this year, and hopefully not for your girl either. 😊

Pets, love the bones of them but they will prematurely age us!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just poking my nose in to check everyone is ok ❤ it's lovely to see some good news, I'm glad people will come and share positive things too, these little lovely devils do sometimes surprise everybody with their resilience don't they. Xx

• Heart
Just to pop in and let you all know that over the weekend we lost our sweet boy. Absolutely heartbroken but we know it was the right thing in the end. 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Just to pop in and let you all know that over the weekend we lost our sweet boy. Absolutely heartbroken but we know it was the right thing in the end. 💔
I am so so so sorry. I know how you are feeling. Go gentle with yourself, it does get easier. Sending you a big virtual hug xx

• Heart