Period pants / menstrual cups

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone have any recommendations or experiences of either?
I'm definitely interested in a more environmentally friendly way of managing each month. Thanks in advance.

I’ve not used period pants myself, I’d be willing to try them I just can’t imagine them not feeling … damp? I use a cup and have done so for a few years now, would never go back to tampons!

Reactions: 2
I have reusable cotton ultra pads from cheeky wipes, really rate them for comfort and absorbency. I will still use tampons for swimming or while I am at the gym. I haven't got onboard with the thought of period pants yet as I'd rather change into something fresh without fully undressing.

Reactions: 1
Modibodi are simply the best.I will be ordering some for my 12 year old niece.They aren’t cheap but definitely work.

Reactions: 2
I’ve seen a lot of people online saying the primark period pants are good! A lot more affordable than some other brands. Haven’t tried them myself but I’m interested to see what they are like

Modibodi are great. I’ve used a Mooncup for around fifteen years, but am using period pants more now due to peri-menopausal body changes. I need to investigate slightly softer more flexible cups I think. I also use reusable pads occasionally for light days.

No issues with ‘dampness’ or odour with Modibodi as far as I can tell. Significant financial investment to start with, but totally worth it long term.

Another vote for Modibodi! I got three pairs of the highest absorbency and they’re game changing. They are so secure and haven’t had any problems at all. Especially nice at night knowing you’ll be totally fine when you wake up, I’ve had a few less than ideal situations with cups/tampons overnight. Best solution I’ve found is modibodi for sure.

I never was able to get the mooncup working for me, it always leaked and I hated that it could be messy.

I love period pants

I have love luna and primark.

Primark definitely feel bulkier, but they come in nice colours/patterns and you get 3 pairs for the price of 1 in other brands.

This thread has come at the right time! I’ve just been researching period pants, will have a look at modibodi

I also vote Modibodi!
Didn't know Primark did any, will look into them but if they are bulky as stated above, I'll be totally put off.

I use the mooncup think it’s great I always double up with a pad just incase but it’s comfortable and easy to clean (I use sterilising tablet)

I’m so intrigued by period pants but hate the idea of not feeling fresh, even if there is no odour or dampness. I HATED pads and started using tampons pretty much straight away, then got a cup last year (Diva Cup) and honestly I couldn’t go back. I never realised the low level discomfort I’d had from tampons every month for over 15 years until it was gone.

Sometimes it’s a faff to change in public loos not being able to rinse it or trying to get it back into position in a narrow cubicle so I do carry emergency tampons just in case but so far, so good!

Reactions: 4
I tried a mooncup years ago and got in a terrible mess. Thought it wasn’t for me. But then did one of the online surveys. A Meluna shorty is perfect for me. I use that with period pants as a backup.
I have some cheap Amazon ones and they are fine.

Yeah would definitely recommend doing surveys to find the right menstrual cup for you. I've used a Ruby Cup for 5 years or so now and it's great! Though I am on the pill so my periods are very light - if they're heavier I'd recommend using backup.

Does anyone have any recommendations for period swimsuits or bikini bottoms?
Modibodi do swimwear and bikini bottoms. I haven’t tried them myself but bought them for my teenage daughters and they like them and not had any problems with them.