Peloton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also considering this as an alternative so thank you! Do you use the app on an iPad with a screen holder or your TV? My thing that’s putting me off buying a Peleton is the need for the £39 app for the bike to work opposed to the cost of the bike.
I just Bluetooth mine to my tv so I can watch it on there, the Bluetooth can be a bit patchy though sometimes so my husband bought a cable. But I can also put my iPad on the bike iPad holder, I just like to have it on the tv. I would love a peloton bike but it’s the subscription that puts me off because I don’t think the screen even works if you cancel the subscription so without it the bike is useless. I could be wrong on that but I don’t think I am. Same with the treadmill as we are starting to look at them, and again would love a peloton one but I don’t want to be stuck with such an expensive subscription on top.

Reactions: 1
If anyone is looking to purchase I have a £100 off the accessory pack (which you’ll want as it has shoes and weights) code.

I’ve posted my reply before but if anyone wants to know anything else specifically please ask. As I said previously I bloody love mine!

My code is: 9FWADR

Can anyone reccommend a decent spin bike that doesn’t cost as much as the Peloton? Im looking to buy a bike and use the app with it x

Can anyone reccommend a decent spin bike that doesn’t cost as much as the Peloton? Im looking to buy a bike and use the app with it x
I have the Life Fitness IC5 which I use with the Peloton app. It’s good in that the resistance on it runs 0-100 which is the same as Peloton so when doing the classes from the app you can match what they say. I don’t know if it feels the same on both bikes but I shouldn’t have thought it’s far away and I sometimes just go on how easy or hard I’m finding a resistance anyway. I‘ve heard that BodyMax bikes are good and I think they’re below £500 but I’ve not tried one.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had anyone actually got the apex bike and can give an honest review? There doesn’t seem to be much inline from any real users. I really like the look of it and the fact that it’s boom cycle doing the classes so not too OTT American like the Peloton. But equally I don’t want to spend 1k on something that doesn’t match up to the Peloton and then wish I’d just got that instead and it becomes an expensive clothes horse 😂

Had anyone actually got the apex bike and can give an honest review? There doesn’t seem to be much inline from any real users. I really like the look of it and the fact that it’s boom cycle doing the classes so not too OTT American like the Peloton. But equally I don’t want to spend 1k on something that doesn’t match up to the Peloton and then wish I’d just got that instead and it becomes an expensive clothes horse 😂
We looked into apex last summer but there weren’t much reviews like you said, so we got a Peloton instead plus we don’t have an iPad or tablets. The difference is 500 pound but then we both paid 150 each for fitness classes pre lockdown, so in a grand scheme of things, it doesn’t make a difference to our finances. I do agree that is a luxury though, still hate the fact that we have to pay 40/month for the subscription. Have to convince myself that we aren’t paying for travel card now, so we have more disposable income to pay the subscription :(

We looked into apex last summer but there weren’t much reviews like you said, so we got a Peloton instead plus we don’t have an iPad or tablets. The difference is 500 pound but then we both paid 150 each for fitness classes pre lockdown, so in a grand scheme of things, it doesn’t make a difference to our finances. I do agree that is a luxury though, still hate the fact that we have to pay 40/month for the subscription. Have to convince myself that we aren’t paying for travel card now, so we have more disposable income to pay the subscription :(
That’s the one thing that’s putting me off a bit, the lack of screen. I only have a phone, have Apple TV so can mirror it into there but that means keeping it downstairs and haven’t decided if that’s where I’d want it to be. If we’re having to buy a decent sized tablet on top then we’re getting close to peleton on money and I’d probably rather just pay the extra and go for the tried and tested brand. I’ve dithered about since the first lockdown, should have just gone for it then as by the time I can get delivery we’ll probably be out of lockdown again 😂

That’s the one thing that’s putting me off a bit, the lack of screen. I only have a phone, have Apple TV so can mirror it into there but that means keeping it downstairs and haven’t decided if that’s where I’d want it to be. If we’re having to buy a decent sized tablet on top then we’re getting close to peleton on money and I’d probably rather just pay the extra and go for the tried and tested brand. I’ve dithered about since the first lockdown, should have just gone for it then as by the time I can get delivery we’ll probably be out of lockdown again😂
The difference really isn't that huge, 1.2k is not a cheap price point either so we went for tried a tested brand like you said. Will your partner or kids be using it, if they do, then is probably easier to convince yourself. You've probably made up your mind on which one you want, bite the bullet and do it.;) We do the monthly instalment

My partner will share it with me, so makes it a bit cheaper. I tried the peleton in the shop but I wasn’t blown away, although that was only a quick demo so didn’t get the full effect! I’m used to Barry’s Bootcamp and Psycle when gyms are open, like that style of class but going to be working from home a few days a week even when normality resumed so can’t justify paying train fare and then classes on top. I think you’re right and I know which way I’ll go just wondered if the people who had ordered an apex ever got one and if they rated it.

My partner will share it with me, so makes it a bit cheaper. I tried the peleton in the shop but I wasn’t blown away, although that was only a quick demo so didn’t get the full effect! I’m used to Barry’s Bootcamp and Psycle when gyms are open, like that style of class but going to be working from home a few days a week even when normality resumed so can’t justify paying train fare and then classes on top. I think you’re right and I know which way I’ll go just wondered if the people who had ordered an apex ever got one and if they rated it.
Everyone I know who had an apex ordered cancelled their order eventually due to insane delays or just never receiving it, and are having hard times getting refunds also. I got a jll pro bike and it’s great!

Reactions: 3
Everyone I know who had an apex ordered cancelled their order eventually due to insane delays or just never receiving it, and are having hard times getting refunds also. I got a jll pro bike and it’s great!
I might have a look at those then, thanks! There are so many about I’d rather take a recommendation than going for something online and it not being what I’m after. I’m not too bothered about the interactive bit just want a decent bike and can get the peloton app

• Heart
I might have a look at those then, thanks! There are so many about I’d rather take a recommendation than going for something online and it not being what I’m after. I’m not too bothered about the interactive bit just want a decent bike and can get the peloton app
My one has a super heavy flywheel and I removed some of the magnets as the resistance was insane 😂 the brand are really good though, and mine was£450 before the price hikes

Omg, I sometimes go to Psycle too, but not the front row kind of rider.

Pre-lockdown we travelled an hour down to central London on Saturday for class and an hour back, lockdown made me realised how insane that was. Don't think we will do that again.

Reactions: 2
£40 a month doesn't seem like that much now gyms are closed. But hopefully they'll open again soon and it'll be something you can do to get out of the house!

I'm not sure peloton will grow that much more now apple and others are in competition. A tablet and £10 a month is something you'd be happy to pay for in addition to a normal gym

£40 a month doesn't seem like that much now gyms are closed. But hopefully they'll open again soon and it'll be something you can do to get out of the house!

I'm not sure peloton will grow that much more now apple and others are in competition. A tablet and £10 a month is something you'd be happy to pay for in addition to a normal gym
I sometimes eye-rolled at my Peloton, especially seeing what In The Frow does with hers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We moved north just before the last lockdown and there’s nothing that comes close to any of the London classes up here, I’m missing that experience. The gym I joined is only £12 a month so I don’t mind paying the subscription on top, it’s still A LOT cheaper than a month of Barry’s. Can’t see myself going back to the gym in a hurry though, I caught covid from there just before the last lockdown so I’m wary of going back straight away

Reactions: 4

Yel

I really do like the idea of live classes with no pause because its so easy to be distracted at home. But I'm surprised there's so little going on there outside of the rides. With so many subscribers I expected it to be jam packed, not this:

PSX_20210201_093941.jpg

There's no live classes apart from the bikes until 1pm uk time. It's really such small change to have more instructors and a decent live schedule. Apple is going to crush this unless they get better.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Been an avid user since July. Love it and so glad I made the investment considering gyms etc are still closed.

Great idea to set up a thread! Making my way through the beginner bike programme and loving it so far, just need to sort my eating out so I can shift a couple of pounds 😂