Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got round to watching the Paula documentary this morning.

It was a sweet documentary but felt a bit… sycophantic? Which made it a bit sickly sweet.

I’ve no doubt Paula had a lot of charisma and charm and positive attributes and of course it’s fitting to include those… but I always feel like it does the person justice to mention and acknowledge their flaws too.

Plus the interviewees were a bit random. Belinda was great to see because she clearly loved Paula deeply. Robbie Williams felt a bit odd because.. did they really have much of a friendship? He called her a confidant but their only interaction seemed to be during showbiz interviews.

Grace Dent? What was the actual point of her?

Terence D’arby Trent was a sweet tribute to her.

None of the others massively stood out to me.

I came away with the sense that Paula had a lot of acquaintances but not as many close friends. Nicky Clarke almost seemed hesitant to call himself a friend.

I also wonder… how fair this is to the girls? I doubt they watch these sort of programmes on their mother and on one hand, it acknowledges the hard time Paul had in the press which must be gratifying? Vindicating?

But at the same time, Belinda insisted Paula was a wonderful mother. Yet (correct me if I’m wrong) Fifi has spoken about how this wasn’t always the case. Fifi has also mentioned mental health struggles, peaches must’ve dealt with some demons to the point she got hooked on heroine, and I can’t help but wonder if the choices Paula made - as a mother - resulted in a lot of trauma to her daughters. That’s not including the allegations of drugs being left lying around, and the sad reality that Paula chose to take drugs while she had tiger Lily in her care. The total lack of parental responsibility being demonstrated there should also be acknowledged.

it gave a sympathetic view to Paula which I think was fair (RE the revelations about her father shortly after Michael’s death and how hard it was for her). But the interviewees also mentioned how happy she was at the end of her life and their conviction it was a total accident.

somehow I find it easier to be less judgemental of someone who takes drugs if they are known to be in a bad place and struggling… but to seemingly take drugs recreationally while you have a young child in your care? That’s crappy parenting.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I got round to watching the Paula documentary this morning.

It was a sweet documentary but felt a bit… sycophantic? Which made it a bit sickly sweet.

I’ve no doubt Paula had a lot of charisma and charm and positive attributes and of course it’s fitting to include those… but I always feel like it does the person justice to mention and acknowledge their flaws too.

Plus the interviewees were a bit random. Belinda was great to see because she clearly loved Paula deeply. Robbie Williams felt a bit odd because.. did they really have much of a friendship? He called her a confidant but their only interaction seemed to be during showbiz interviews.

Terence D’arby Trent was a sweet tribute to her.

None of the others massively stood out to me.

I came away with the sense that Paula had a lot of acquaintances but not as many close friends. Nicky Clarke almost seemed hesitant to call himself a friend.

I also wonder… how fair this is to the girls? I doubt they watch these sort of programmes on their mother and on one hand, it acknowledges the hard time Paul had in the press which must be gratifying? Vindicating?

But at the same time, Belinda insisted Paula was a wonderful mother. Yet (correct me if I’m wrong) Fifi has spoken about how this wasn’t always the case. Fifi has also mentioned mental health struggles, peaches must’ve dealt with some demons to the point she got hooked on heroine, and I can’t help but wonder if the choices Paula made - as a mother - resulted in a lot of trauma to her daughters. That’s not including the allegations of drugs being left lying around, and the sad reality that Paula chose to take drugs while she had tiger Lily in her care. The total lack of parental responsibility being demonstrated there should also be acknowledged.

it gave a sympathetic view to Paula which I think was fair (RE the revelations about her father shortly after Michael’s death and how hard it was for her). But the interviewees also mentioned how happy she was at the end of her life and their conviction it was a total accident.

somehow I find it easier to be less judgemental of someone who takes drugs if they are known to be in a bad place and struggling… but to seemingly take drugs recreationally while you have a young child in your care? That’s crappy parenting.
I think Fifi has inferred in the past that Paula WAS a good,loving Mother,until she got with Michael and drugs came into play…I think they lost their Mum a few years before she actually died…..

• Sad
Reactions: 27
My typical reaction to Grace Dent turning up on the telly, tbh.
---
I came across this fantastic interview with Paula on The Late Late Show from 41 years ago. We could see here how herself and Bob (a man who always gives great interview) were well-met back then.
(Sorry if this was already posted)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I didn’t mind the inclusion of Grace Dent. I think it was interesting to see what her peers thought of her and how they’ve changed their minds over the years. However, she’s one of those that always pops up when they need a talking head on those Ch 4/Ch 5 shows, whether that’s number ones of the 1970’s or Boxing Day dinners through the years. I think she’d even appear on a programme about about me, who is neither famous and who she doesn’t know, if the money was right.
---
I came across this fantastic interview with Paula on The Late Late Show from 41 years ago. We could see here how herself and Bob (a man who always gives great interview) were well-met back then.
Funny that she’s talking about Terry Wogan being a hunk in that clip. I think she must have spotted it before everyone else did.
6DBE3D34-FB73-4E59-A203-592E3D27EE9D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
My typical reaction to Grace Dent turning up on the telly, tbh.
---
„I would have all boys (as babies)“, then goes and has 4 girls. That’s hilarious. 😂

Reactions: 6
Fifi posting a selfie again. Does she read here and fancies a compliment? 😇 But why not, she looks pretty.

To bring sth new(???) to the table: Where, do we think, would Peaches stand in life now, had she survived?

Had she gotten more children? Would she still be with Thomas? What could she have done careerwise?

Also, I remember Peaches once answering someone on her Twitter, claiming she had never lived off Bob.

What about Pixie? What does she do for a living? Do we know? Her husband is a musician in a band I‘ve never heard of as well as a model it seems. Can they live off that? No judgement either way btw, even if they live off Bob’s money, just curious.

Also, do we know, if Fifi actually divorced her husband? She never mentions him these days, but then, her Insta presence in general has reduced.

Reactions: 11
I think Bob would be too mean to allow his children to live off his money. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bought them all their first homes though. If I had the ability to do that for my kids, I would. But after that they’d be on their own.

Reactions: 17
„I would have all boys (as babies)“, then goes and has 4 girls. That’s hilarious. 😂
I think it's actually a bit deeper than that.
Like she jokingly said, "I wouldn't want girls, I'd send them back"
But that to me shows her true colours, she knows she's well able to manipulate most men that crossed her path. Women, not so much. Paula was a woman that didn't have many girlfriends or close confidantes. She viewed them as competition.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I thought it was telling that she said it wouldn’t make any difference being married as she did the laundry etc. She was making serious money at the time and he treated her like a housewife.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Fifi posting a selfie again. Does she read here and fancies a compliment? 😇 But why not, she looks pretty.

To bring sth new(???) to the table: Where, do we think, would Peaches stand in life now, had she survived?

Had she gotten more children? Would she still be with Thomas? What could she have done careerwise?

Also, I remember Peaches once answering someone on her Twitter, claiming she had never lived off Bob.

What about Pixie? What does she do for a living? Do we know? Her husband is a musician in a band I‘ve never heard of as well as a model it seems. Can they live off that? No judgement either way btw, even if they live off Bob’s money, just curious.

Also, do we know, if Fifi actually divorced her husband? She never mentions him these days, but then, her Insta presence in general has reduced.
I feel icky speculating on this, but hey, we are on a gossip forum. I think he must financial support them to an extent (they own homes in London after all) but I think they all need to work to some extent.

Reactions: 8
I didn’t mind the inclusion of Grace Dent. I think it was interesting to see what her peers thought of her and how they’ve changed their minds over the years. However, she’s one of those that always pops up when they need a talking head on those Ch 4/Ch 5 shows, whether that’s number ones of the 1970’s or Boxing Day dinners through the years. I think she’d even appear on a programme about about me, who is neither famous and who she doesn’t know, if the money was right.
---

Funny that she’s talking about Terry Wogan being a hunk in that clip. I think she must have spotted it before everyone else did.
that’s the thing - Grace isn’t really a contemporary of Paula in a real sense. She was born in 1973 so she was a kid for most of Paula’s career. I guess she was an adult by the time the MH stuff was kicking off. She didn’t really offer much valuable insight as someone who was actually around the same age as Paula might’ve been able to.

Reactions: 13
that’s the thing - Grace isn’t really a contemporary of Paula in a real sense. She was born in 1973 so she was a kid for most of Paula’s career. I guess she was an adult by the time the MH stuff was kicking off. She didn’t really offer much valuable insight as someone who was actually around the same age as Paula might’ve been able to.
She seemed a bit pointless she just gushed about Paula she didn't know her anymore than anyone else.

Reactions: 14
I remember reading they Pixie and her husband live in a townhouse in Clapton. It’s not an unpleasant part of London. It’s not quite as edgy as nearby hackney, but it’s fairly low key and not especially glamorous, especially to the likes of Notting Hill, Kensington, Hampstead, Islington which are areas celebs gravitate towards more.

having said that, houses in Clapton still cost around £1-1.5mil.

i think Pixie does a similar gig to her husband - part time modelling, a little bit of music. She would also have inherited money from Paula.

money breeds money - pixie would always have been comfortable and well off by virtue of the fact she had access to wealth and influence from birth

Reactions: 11
I think it's actually a bit deeper than that.
Like she jokingly said, "I wouldn't want girls, I'd send them back"
But that to me shows her true colours, she knows she's well able to manipulate most men that crossed her path. Women, not so much. Paula was a woman that didn't have many girlfriends or close confidantes. She viewed them as competition.
She had at least two close female friends who recently explained why they weren’t part of the documentary.

Reactions: 10
I remember reading they Pixie and her husband live in a townhouse in Clapton. It’s not an unpleasant part of London. It’s not quite as edgy as nearby hackney, but it’s fairly low key and not especially glamorous, especially to the likes of Notting Hill, Kensington, Hampstead, Islington which are areas celebs gravitate towards more.

having said that, houses in Clapton still cost around £1-1.5mil.

i think Pixie does a similar gig to her husband - part time modelling, a little bit of music. She would also have inherited money from Paula.

money breeds money - pixie would always have been comfortable and well off by virtue of the fact she had access to wealth and influence from birth
Might also be the same with her husband. He probably comes from money too.

Reactions: 2
I think if Peaches had lived she would have spilt with Thomas and gone onto have kids with perhaps a few different partners. The attachment parenting, was, as we all know now, a complete farce and she wouldn't have been able to cope in a standard happy family unit without heroin. I always think about those poor boys just after she died - they went from being joined at the hip with her to never seeing her again. I also think she would have gone onto have bad plastic surgery and would have given VB a run for her money in terms of skinniness.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I think if Peaches had lived she would have spilt with Thomas and gone onto have kids with perhaps a few different partners. The attachment parenting, was, as we all know now, a complete farce and she wouldn't have been able to cope in a standard happy family unit without heroin. I always think about those poor boys just after she died - they went from being joined at the hip with her to never seeing her again. I also think she would have gone onto have bad plastic surgery and would have given VB a run for her money in terms of skinniness.
I think she was already giving VB a run for her money. I looked at some photos of her recently and had forgotten how skinny she was after she had the kids, she had the real Amy Winehouse legs going on……

• Sad
Reactions: 17