Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
Those statements are ridiculous!! Paula was beyond help at that point. Firstly, in all the plans they were making together - where was Fifi? She only mentions that she planned on dragging Peaches and Pixie halfway around the world just so she could follow Michael everywhere. No reasonable father would have allowed it, I'm sorry, it was completely irresponsible. She stresses they wanted to 'be a family' but no mention of Fifi? How could they be a family when the girls already had a father? And pulling them out of school for three months at that age to take them where? On tour? She never understood that much of the so called harassment coming from Bob was just about the welfare of the children. She just could not see past her own needs.

This was the interview I was referring to:

She looks so like her mam, just with dark hair

Reactions: 1

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
Gerry Agar wasn't an actual friend of Paula Yates, she muscled in on her when she was at her weakest, and claimed to be besties after she'd died. She knows as much about what Paula and Michael did to each other sexually as most of us. A big fat NOTHING. That woman has made a fortune since Paula's death, selling fabricated anecdotes about Paula's life. No-one is left alive to dispute her claims, and those that are still around, know the woman is a shameful fantasist.
I’ve heard this before and can well believe it. Did she make up her entire book then? She didn’t holiday with Paula and Michael for example?

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Why do you guys think she called the paps herself? Is it something to do with the particular photo agency? I'm not in the loop here! Pixie has always struck me as being pretty private (at least in recent years) and not one to court publicity. Paula and Peaches loved a 'pap stroll' but I've never gotten that vibe from Pixie. Could be wrong, of course.

Pixie06

VIP Member
I'd think he was doing better if he was actually earning a living instead of living off Bob. The mans a wanker full stop. There's men who dress like women such as Grayson Perry who do actually earn money. Its known that Thomas lives off Bob, how else can he afford to support himself and two kids in a big multi million pound house?. Universal Credit wont cover it. What's to stop him getting a normal day to day job? Nothing apart from him being an entitled prat.
He's lucky his ex FIL is Bob because if it was Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney he wouldn't have got a penny of out them.
Where does he lives?

Jerry Garcia

Chatty Member
I don't think that's entirely fair on 'Sir' Bob - thttps://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/inside-bob-geldofs-longstanding-marriage-25113862 says " Bob started dating French actress Jeanne Marine following his divorce from Paula in 1996. The couple reportedly met in Paris where the singer had fled after suffering from depression over the failure of his marriage."
I remember going to the Shaft soon after it opened as a friend was djing - and I don't think this could have been any earlier than 1995 (as I would have been 15/16 then) - so I'd guess Bob was already single at the time you saw him around there. Dublin is and always was such a small scene he'd be a fool to have indiscretions there otherwise (when he could anywhere else and not be noticed) - any time anyone even vaguely well known as much as cops a feel in a club in Dublin everyone knows about it.

Great article on the Shaft nightclub though for anyone interested: https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...-be-rescued-from-gay-custom-ers-26188582.html
It was, but it was more of a private members club at the time. This would've been late eighties. Was your DJ friend the great Alf by any chance? He more or less ran the place back then!

Mustard

VIP Member
I read the comments and someone said the photos are from Backgrid. Doesn’t that mean they were called by them?