Passport renewals during Covid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone applied to renew a passport during covid?
My daughter's has expired and we need to travel in August for something (restrictions permitting) and I've just realised hers has ran out 🤦🏻‍♀️ and wondering if anyone has any idea of turnaround. They are advising its very slow currently so a bit nervous about the timeframe

If this helps I went for my provisional license on a Monday and it was here on Thursday and they took all my stuff from my passport

Reactions: 1
My neighbour waited few weeks for hiss UK passport(he is italian) then it was another three weeks after he got his uk passport for return of Italian one,though it may be abit quicker a renewa.

I would pay for the fast track option to be safe if I was in this position.

Yep I needed to renew mine as it expires in August. They said to not renew unless completely necessary but I have family overseas and there is always the possibility of having to go in an emergency. Sent it off 5 weeks ago and I got a notification on Friday to say it’s on its way. Dunno if it took longer because I have dual nationality and wasn’t born here so it might have taken longer to process (had to send them my other too)