Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds like Eastville to me!
Yes it's Eastville which is so busy as most central in Bristol.
Some very fast runners there.
500 to 600 most weeks with few tourists
That lake goes on forever but my favourite lap.

I also do pomphrey Hill which is not as busy and more fun run atmosphere.

Never done Ashton court/ chipping Sodbury or Keynsham.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I know Eastville! Ashton court hill is a beast! I barely ever go but it used to be one of my local ones too.

I’d be careful posting specifics of locations/finish times/positions as people could easily find first and last name from that info 😬😬

Reactions: 4
I’d be careful posting specifics of locations/finish times/positions as people could easily find first and last name from that info 😬😬
That info is available to anyone. You just search an individual parkrun and look at latest results.

That info is available to anyone. You just search an individual parkrun and look at latest results.
You’re missing the point. Yes the info is out there but when someone on an anonymous forum claims to have come X position in Y time and includes specific course details it could be easy to find out that persons info which could be used against them. People have been doxxed on here before by giving out too much personal info.

Reactions: 5
Is never tell you how many female runners.
Not much point looking at those sort of stats given that parkrun happily allow men to self declare themselves as women and run in that category. Many female parkrun course records are actually held by males.

Reactions: 2
You’re missing the point. Yes the info is out there but when someone on an anonymous forum claims to have come X position in Y time and includes specific course details it could be easy to find out that persons info which could be used against them. People have been doxxed on here before by giving out too much personal info.
Exactly, if I say I ran Leamington Spa parkrun yesterday in a time of around 21 minutes (I didn't, I don't even know if LS has a parkrun, and have never been to LS) it's not hard to figure out I could be one of 4 or so people.

Reactions: 3
I had missed the point. I was replying to the post with a screenshot. Didn't realise someone else had given tmi about their run. Yes, not a good idea.

Yes it's Eastville which is so busy as most central in Bristol.
Some very fast runners there.
500 to 600 most weeks with few tourists
That lake goes on forever but my favourite lap.

I also do pomphrey Hill which is not as busy and more fun run atmosphere.

Never done Ashton court/ chipping Sodbury or Keynsham.
Keynsham (Somerdale Pavilion) is just...bonkers! But it's great doing something more exciting than laps around a field. At this time of year it does get flooded a lot.

Someone posted a video on YouTube to the Benny Hill theme tune.

Keynsham (Somerdale Pavilion) is just...bonkers! But it's great doing something more exciting than laps around a field. At this time of year it does get flooded a lot.

Someone posted a video on YouTube to the Benny Hill theme tune.
Maybe will add to list then . Everyone says chipping Sodbury flat but it's quite a trek.
Whys it bonkers do you have cross the river?
Used be one Bradley Stoke way but don't think there is anymore.
Think bath has one but imagine quite hilly.
Some times good to have a change.

Somerdale Pavilion is the curlywurly one! You go round in a spiral to the circle centre and back out again. My friend PBd there (Eastville is her home parkrun) which surprised her given the curlywurly bit.
I actually like Ashton Court, yes, it's 1.5 mile uphill, but it's then 1.5 mile down. I have my Strava fastest mile ever recorded there doing parkrun!
Bath is skyline but I don't think it's hilly. There's also Severn bridge, or Blaise Castle (bit hilly and uneven grass in places, so unlikely a PB course).

Maybe will add to list then . Everyone says chipping Sodbury flat but it's quite a trek.
Whys it bonkers do you have cross the river?
Used be one Bradley Stoke way but don't think there is anymore.
Think bath has one but imagine quite hilly.
Some times good to have a change.
Yep, it's flat but it gets quite congested at the start so you have to factor that in. It's relatively unexciting though compared to others. I've heard rumours of a new one in the Bradley Stoke area, but they've gone quiet recently. Also heard rumours of a St George one, which might alleviate some of the Eastville pressure. That'd be good!

I had missed the point. I was replying to the post with a screenshot. Didn't realise someone else had given tmi about their run. Yes, not a good idea.
I posted the screenshot and deliberately picked one I’ve never been to and don’t know any of the runners on the shot so understand your initial confusion

Somerdale Pavilion is the curlywurly one! You go round in a spiral to the circle centre and back out again. My friend PBd there (Eastville is her home parkrun) which surprised her given the curlywurly bit.
I actually like Ashton Court, yes, it's 1.5 mile uphill, but it's then 1.5 mile down. I h so far ave my Strava fastest mile ever recorded there doing parkrun!
Bath is skyline but I don't think it's hilly. There's also Severn bridge, or Blaise Castle (bit hilly and uneven grass in places, so unlikely a PB course).
I forget about blaise.
Ashton so far from me
Do they actually shut the bridge to run over it?
---
Yep, it's flat but it gets quite congested at the start so you have to factor that in. It's relatively unexciting though compared to others. I've heard rumours of a new one in the Bradley Stoke area, but they've gone quiet recently. Also heard rumours of a St George one, which might alleviate some of the Eastville pressure. That'd be good!
They used to have one little Stoke then council wanted to charge then made the national news.
A St George one might solve the Eastville problem.
It's just too busy to even get a decent pace as over 600 runners some weeks.
Unless you push past run on grass.
Some of the runners are crazy fast and the sharing same path with those finish last lap when I still have lap and half around play area feels mentally hard.
Actually quote like the lake bit.
Think come spring will try somewhere different.
Think the elite runners skew the % at Eastville as freind says based average time most complete the course.

Another 16 runs and I can buy a 25 t shirt.
They also planning one new years day I'm contemplating.

Last edited:
No, it's run on the footpath/cycle path on the old seven bridge. Fun for a nice (non windy!) day. Not made it there yet as it starts from Welsh side so an early start needed. Is there not one at Thornbury still?
There used to be Little Stoke parkrun but it had to stop as other park users complained, if I recall correctly, bit of a hoo haa about it. They wanted to charge park run or something to compensate for damage caused? Obviously parkrun are never going to pay for venue use, but hundreds of runners on non paved paths are going to cause impact so I can see it from a landowners perspective.

If anyone is up for re-igniting the convo... Below is an exchange when I bumped into some acquaintances at parkrun
- one of them (sporty but doesn't identify as a 'runner' particularly) a bit disparaging of people wearing race flats/super shoes and trying to start further up a busy start as "it's parkrun, it's not meant to be taken serious sand against the ethos"
To which another replied (and reminded me!) that results yet uploaded to power of 10/run Britain like an "official" race. Some athletes may not want to go super easy at parkrun as time will go on their profile alongside races... Yes you could not scan your barcode but that kinda defeats the point a bit for me because then you may as well do your own run.

But for me the fact that the results are uploaded to PO10/run Britain - used to compile national event rankings - is kind of at odds with the super inclusive, run not race ethos. I feel like parkrun need to pick a Lane?

Reactions: 4
Yep. Hard agree about Power of 10/Run Britain Rankings. Fair enough it was changed years ago from 5k to parkrun as a category (but that was due to it not being chip timed and because the course isn’t measured every week to ensure accuracy), but if it’s on those sites then it is competitive. They celebrate fast times/world records very publicly, which again shows that they do care about that stuff.

I think as an organisation it has lost its way. I’ve even seen/heard hardcore parkrunners (10+ years involvement, EDs, regular volunteers, Ambassadors etc) be negative about recent decisions and approaches. It can’t be all things to all people.

Reactions: 5
But then why also have parkrun records and age grading?
Because it started life as Bushy Park Time Trials. Its origins are competitive. Lots of people like that which is why they don’t want to get rid of it, I’m sure participation would drop.

After thinking about it recently, I think they should only send finish times to the individual participants and not publish them, and not use/publish finish positions or age gradings. That way if you want a fun run you get a fun run, but if you want to test yourself then you have a record of your times.