Pale girls...summer loading 🙈

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also am incredibly pale - literally the same colour as Humpty Dumpty in my profile pic. I gave up trying to tan naturally years ago as only the front of my thighs and forearms ever took any colour - and that was red.

Proper fake tan is too much effort for me and it would turn out crap anyway knowing me and my slapdash approach to stuff. I've never had much success with the gradual tan body lotions either, again only certain parts would take on the colour.

Nowadays I just try to keep my skin exfoliated and moisturised. @Figgy Fig mentioned Korean washcloths - these have been a game changer for me, they're so much more effective than body scrubs for me.

I keep out of the sun as much as possible and wear SPF 30 and above on my body if I have any exposed skin (which is rare, look me a maxi dress in summer). SPF50 on my face, neck and décolletage. I like Ultrasun SPFs in a variety of formats. I do need a new hat this year. My Dad, Grandad and now my Aunt all had nasty skin cancer on their scalps.

I shudder when I think of all the times we had to sit outside in the sun at school in the 90s with no SPF or hats.
I'm going to invest in these cloths, any recommendations where to purchase?

Me! I live in Spain and we are just starting to get hot for the summer and I will be pale and in the shade.
Let me tell you ALL fake tan is nasty. I have seen so much of it over the past 10 years that you couldn't pay me to use it. Nothing natural looking about it, hands, ears, feet and the slightly orange colour gives it away every time. Especially, when women are dressed up for a night out. Fake tan and make-up doesn't go.
I agree! I used to get it done for going on hols 🙈 by day 3 in the pool it would be patchy and I'd look like a tiger loaf. I think fake tan only looks good if you are naturally olive or golden as it seems to take better.
And the smell, I know I'm going on about it but it stinks plus I fully sweat and night night I sleep in it.

Reactions: 2
I have three shades- white, darker white and red- in summer if I take my watch/Fitbit off you can tell where it’s been due to the strapmarks but with it on you cant tell. I wear the lightest foundation from The Ordinary and it still looks to orange on me.

gave up on fake tan years ago when my crush knocked on my door on the day unannounced when I decided to try a sample of something while wearing my football team’s shirt- which is a similar color to Wolverhampton Wanderers shirt. Couldn’t tell where the shirt began and ended. Since then I have learned to just embrace that this is me and my heritage (hence my username)

I just go with my paleness now.

I went to Glastonbury one year and hadn't noticed I'd changed colour after 3 days in the sun. I walked up to my friends when I got back and they looked at me blankly at first as they didn't recognise me, my hair had gone white and I had a tan. Normally I'm dark blonde and pale.

I used to be a tan hound but am fine with my paleness nowadays.

Hey, so I have been checking out some illuminators thanks to @no no suggestion.
I've came across a couple of skin perfections, so basically like a sort of body foundation to smooth imperfections and give an even tone.
*Vita librata do one a skin perfector
*Iconic make up does something similar but it looks really shiney!
*Lusso tan do a skin perfector
*Sally Hanson
I've just found Sally Hanson one in my cupboard that I must have picked up at some point, now it is for legs but it very glittery in its finish.

Just wanted to share, I'm going to try the vita one if I can get the shade.

Reactions: 1
My husband is Scottish, goes red, white, blue & red again. My poor daughter is the same she’s see through! I’m a sunworshipper & spends my summers at the beach/garden.. hubby stays in the shade.. 😅

• Haha
I'm a pale pasty here too! I love skinny tan (it smells nice to me) and the Suntana spray tans which I get before a holiday and that's lovely too - the different shades had different smells!

Im pretty pale and I do look after my skin and wear SPF but my legs are another level of pale - I find using the Clarins Bronze drops in my body moisturiser takes the harsh whiteness off them without looking really obvious. I don't use it on my face or upper body really but my legs rarely get exposed so they are milk white. you can tailor the darkness of the tan (its never dark really) to allow it to increase gradually. It really works well for me.

Im pretty pale and I do look after my skin and wear SPF but my legs are another level of pale - I find using the Clarins Bronze drops in my body moisturiser takes the harsh whiteness off them without looking really obvious. I don't use it on my face or upper body really but my legs rarely get exposed so they are milk white. you can tailor the darkness of the tan (its never dark really) to allow it to increase gradually. It really works well for me.
Oooh are they tinted so you can see where you’re blending?

I’m so white that the sun makes me glow.
I use to hate showing any bit of skin and I’ve tried all the fake tans. I hate how orange they look and how patchy they go and one day thought surely my natural fair colour is better than patchy orange, so I try and embrace it now. Still sometimes I’ll feel really self conscious with my skin but trying my best to accept it.

Saying that whoever can anyone recommend a nice tinted moisturiser??

I find Bondi Sands is good. They have a nice tinted buildable moisturiser in a blue bottle and they also have a nice dry oil fake tan that is super easy cos you don't have to wash it off and it smells fairly nice.
I am super pale (Irish) with very dark hair (Middle Eastern), I have always been nervous about showing my skin, to the extent that 1 sun holiday (I've only been on 1) I wore skin color tights even at the beach cos I was too nervous of showing my super pale legs (wasn't in swimsuit, was covered, cos that would be weird 🙂). Growing up I was always made feel it was a bad thing to be pale, always called on it by parents.
I'm feeling much better about it all this year. Might not even fake tan, prob will though.

Reactions: 3
Oooh are they tinted so you can see where you’re blending?

The drops are tinted but once you mix them with the body lotion there is no colour. I find it pretty fool proof and unless im really sloppy applying them I never have any streaks etc.

I’m so white that the sun makes me glow.
I use to hate showing any bit of skin and I’ve tried all the fake tans. I hate how orange they look and how patchy they go and one day thought surely my natural fair colour is better than patchy orange, so I try and embrace it now. Still sometimes I’ll feel really self conscious with my skin but trying my best to accept it.

Saying that whoever can anyone recommend a nice tinted moisturiser??
I like the skinny tan body glow light moisturiser. Never had streaking and can build it up too

ETA: https://www.lookfantastic.com/body-...F9LCNrQAhaIlSBrMyigaAgY-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm very pale, never tan, go bright red and a slightly darker shade of white which is oy noticeable to me. I was once asked on holiday if I'd just arrived and it was the day I was going home, because I was so pale. I embrace it now and my milk bottle legs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
On coming back from holiday, my dad once commented that it must have been hot because I had gone magnolia!

• Haha
I’ve tried every type of fake tan you can think of in every price range and for years settled on St Tropez mousse but was sick of paying a fortune. Eventually I had a go of San Moriz which turned out to be far better and much cheaper than any of them.

The Professional mousse one is really good, just use a decent double sided glove. There’s really not much smell either but with the fast tan one you can get a shower after a couple of hours. You can get certain ones even cheaper in Homebargains too.

I never fake tan my face, just use a bit of Clinique tinted moisturiser and their bronzer.

I'm bone white too but I've always loved it. I will never understand the hatred for pale skin in this country. Preference is one thing, but it goes beyond that for many women - genuine self-hatred. Embrace!

Reactions: 5