Pale girls...summer loading 🙈

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey!

Any fellow pale/fair girls out there?

I am extremely fair, I don't take a tan, so I've given up a few years ago and decided to be sun sensible and also as to prevent aging.

But summer is coming and I see everyone with their golden glows 😩

I've tried every fake tan under the sun, I don't care what people say they all STINK!

Does anyone just embrace their pale/blue skin?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I try to but it comes to Summer and I like a glow! I don’t tan either, fair with freckles. Religiously wear SPF50 everyday.

Best gradual tan I’ve used is He-Shi Light. Has never streaked and it really buildable.

Pale skin is beautiful though so embrace it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I try to but it comes to Summer and I like a glow! I don’t tan either, fair with freckles. Religiously wear SPF50 everyday.

Best gradual tan I’ve used is He-Shi Light. Has never streaked and it really buildable.

Pale skin is beautiful though so embrace it!
I might give that one a go, I've bought the he shi water one to try. But if there is any smell to it, I'll probably give up ( I have sensory issues and smells are a huge thing for me)

My legs look transparent in summer and I love wearing black so the contrast with the brighter days is 🫥 I do tan easily but I’ve always tried to avoid the sun. I like to apply an illuminating moisturiser as a compromise, glowy without the tan. Currently using this one:

I have two bottles of MineTan in the bathroom and love the look but it’s too much effort. Thankfully midi/maxi clothes have been in fashion the past few years 🫢

My legs look transparent in summer and I love wearing black so the contrast with the brighter days is 🫥 I do tan easily but I’ve always tried to avoid the sun. I like to apply an illuminating moisturiser as a compromise, glowy without the tan. Currently using this one:

I have two bottles of MineTan in the bathroom and love the look but it’s too much effort. Thankfully midi/maxi clothes have been in fashion the past few years 🫢
Yes praise the maxi dress!!
I've never heard of that moisturiser, this could definitely be an option, something I've never thought of, I think especially for my arms if they had a nice glow!

Fair girl here 👋🏻 (those damn Scottish genes!). I never got on with fake tans -can’t stand the smell or the patchiness - and I don’t like going on a sun bed due to burning very easily. I wear SPF 50 in the summer and try to cover up where I can - I have a lot of freckles and moles on my body and have become very anxious about them as I’ve gotten older. I embrace the pale these days :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ive the skin tone of a vampire, Im embracing it 💁🏻‍♀️ I sometimes add a little bit of shimmery body lotion (Factor 50 first and always!) if I want to but other than that I dont worry x

I can't stand the shade and smell of fake tan, and I become a lovely shade of weird beige if I ever manage to tan naturally (endless joys of fair skin but green/olive undertones), so it'll be SPF 50+ for me all summer and all year, always. My personal opinion of course but fake tan hardly ever looks naturally glowy, so I've embraced the pasty skin year round. Hope you give it a try, fair skin is lovely and I always envy those who have a lovely pink-warm or cool tone. Whatever I do I look kind of sick so I gave up 😂

Reactions: 1
Yes me! I’m very pale and burn easily and anything less than Factor 50 leaves me resembling a lobster. I do look better with a bit of colour but it’s not worth the hassle and pain of burning first.

Omg this is MY thread. Pale red head here! I hate the sun, more so as I am now 42 and going through early menopause, the sun and heat causes awful flushes. I always wear a cap when walking the dog, hat in the summer and factor 30 to 50 everyday on my face. I was young in the 90s when having a tan wasn't seen as a risk or a bad thing to fair skin, now I am so so careful and wish I had been more in my youth. The sun makes me angry!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes me! I’m very pale and burn easily and anything less than Factor 50 leaves me resembling a lobster. I do look better with a bit of colour but it’s not worth the hassle and pain of burning first.
I've been there and you are right the pain isn't worth it!

Omg this is MY thread. Pale red head here! I hate the sun, more so as I am now 42 and going through early menopause, the sun and heat causes awful flushes. I always wear a cap when walking the dog, hat in the summer and factor 30 to 50 everyday on my face. I was young in the 90s when having a tan wasn't seen as a risk or a bad thing to fair skin, now I am so so careful and wish I had been more in my youth. The sun makes me angry!!
I aways cover my head and try not to expose my face too much, I'm the same wish I'd been more careful, I've some pigmentation now that could have been avoided but at least I'm preventing now!

Glad I'm not alone ladies, I've friends in the Thursday night club, who tan religiously every single week! But have the most gorgeous olive skin so also tan naturally, sickening 😂

I can't stand the shade and smell of fake tan, and I become a lovely shade of weird beige if I ever manage to tan naturally (endless joys of fair skin but green/olive undertones), so it'll be SPF 50+ for me all summer and all year, always. My personal opinion of course but fake tan hardly ever looks naturally glowy, so I've embraced the pasty skin year round. Hope you give it a try, fair skin is lovely and I always envy those who have a lovely pink-warm or cool tone. Whatever I do I look kind of sick so I gave up 😂
I can't stand the smell either 🤢

I’m really fair, I only have to look at the sun and I burn. Bright red then back to white 😂 I wear spf everyday, and I hate the smell of fake tan so I don’t bother at all, I just embrace my fair skin 😂 I did try dove gradual tan once and it was alright but it’s just effort I Cba with 😂

• Haha
I’m really fair, I only have to look at the sun and I burn. Bright red then back to white 😂 I wear spf everyday, and I hate the smell of fake tan so I don’t bother at all, I just embrace my fair skin 😂 I did try dove gradual tan once and it was alright but it’s just effort I Cba with 😂
It is a bit of an effort isn't it. Worse if the results aren't great either.

I hate getting on the plane after 2 weeks away, I'm the same colour 😂 well maybe slightly pink 🙈 everyone else is glowing!

I dont mind being pale its the uneven skin tones that’s doing me. After a day in the garden my back is red, my leg are still blue white all over and my front torso is white with freckles all over!! I’ve had to apply a generous layer of fake tan to balance myself 😂 I don’t care for the smell or the mess I just need to be one colour all over even if it is orange

It is a bit of an effort isn't it. Worse if the results aren't great either.

I hate getting on the plane after 2 weeks away, I'm the same colour 😂 well maybe slightly pink 🙈 everyone else is glowing!
I usually come home paler than I go because I always have a dark spray tan before 😂 my husband despairs that I take fake tan on holiday with me to mix with my after sun

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I dont mind being pale its the uneven skin tones that’s doing me. After a day in the garden my back is red, my leg are still blue white all over and my front torso is white with freckles all over!! I’ve had to apply a generous layer of fake tan to balance myself 😂 I don’t care for the smell or the mess I just need to be one colour all over even if it is orange

I usually come home paler than I go because I always have a dark spray tan before 😂 my husband despairs that I take fake tan on holiday with me to mix with my after sun
All this is me!!! I have really dry skin though so can’t even the colour out with a fake tan though :cry:

All this is me!!! I have really dry skin though so can’t even the colour out with a fake tan though :cry:
oh no 😕 have you tried the exfoliating shower gloves? My husband really struggles with dry skin but his has got much better since he’s been using them once a week- we slap moisturiser on him whilst he’s still a bit wet and he puts a towelling robe on until it’s all dry. It’s definitely got a lot better.

oh no 😕 have you tried the exfoliating shower gloves? My husband really struggles with dry skin but his has got much better since he’s been using them once a week- we slap moisturiser on him whilst he’s still a bit wet and he puts a towelling robe on until it’s all dry. It’s definitely got a lot better.
Yep, I exfoliate with Korean cloths and moisturise every day, I just have the driest knees known to mankind :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I also am incredibly pale - literally the same colour as Humpty Dumpty in my profile pic. I gave up trying to tan naturally years ago as only the front of my thighs and forearms ever took any colour - and that was red.

Proper fake tan is too much effort for me and it would turn out crap anyway knowing me and my slapdash approach to stuff. I've never had much success with the gradual tan body lotions either, again only certain parts would take on the colour.

Nowadays I just try to keep my skin exfoliated and moisturised. @Figgy Fig mentioned Korean washcloths - these have been a game changer for me, they're so much more effective than body scrubs for me.

I keep out of the sun as much as possible and wear SPF 30 and above on my body if I have any exposed skin (which is rare, love me a maxi dress in summer). SPF50 on my face, neck and décolletage. I like Ultrasun SPFs in a variety of formats. I do need a new hat this year. My Dad, Grandad and now my Aunt all had nasty skin cancer on their scalps.

I shudder when I think of all the times we had to sit outside in the sun at school in the 90s with no SPF or hats.

Hey!

Any fellow pale/fair girls out there?

I am extremely fair, I don't take a tan, so I've given up a few years ago and decided to be sun sensible and also as to prevent aging.

But summer is coming and I see everyone with their golden glows 😩

I've tried every fake tan under the sun, I don't care what people say they all STINK!

Does anyone just embrace their pale/blue skin?
Me! I live in Spain and we are just starting to get hot for the summer and I will be pale and in the shade.
Let me tell you ALL fake tan is nasty. I have seen so much of it over the past 10 years that you couldn't pay me to use it. Nothing natural looking about it, hands, ears, feet and the slightly orange colour gives it away every time. Especially, when women are dressed up for a night out. Fake tan and make-up doesn't go.

Reactions: 1