Painting plastic pots for outside use?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, excuse my lack of any knowledge of anything gardening related. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can paint plastic pots intended to use outside? If so, what paint is best?
A lovely friend is donating me some pots and I would like to jazz them up a little to make my outdoor area a lot brighter (I live in a town centre so it’s needed!). I was thinking I could use acrylic but Im wondering how that would weather, especially with winter coming?
Any tips and tricks would be very much appreciated!

Ok, excuse my lack of any knowledge of anything gardening related. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can paint plastic pots intended to use outside? If so, what paint is best?
A lovely friend is donating me some pots and I would like to jazz them up a little to make my outdoor area a lot brighter (I live in a town centre so it’s needed!). I was thinking I could use acrylic but Im wondering how that would weather, especially with winter coming?
Any tips and tricks would be very much appreciated!

I painted a load last Summer, I used Frenchic Alfresco furniture paint and they looked fab, there was a bit of chipping this year which I touched up but otherwise I was really pleased with them. I did mine hot pink so they really cheered the patio up.