Our cleaner is no good!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It takes about 10 minutes to Hoover and then about half hour to clean the kitchen and bathrooms. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m talking about a normal daily run around with the vacuum and a quick tidy and clean of the kitchen guys - not spending hours doing a Kim & Aggy!!!!! 😂
Still - the absolute effort of that! 😅

There is no better feeling then not having to hoover the stairs, scrub the toilets or clean the shower (my 3 least favourite household chores!)

Reactions: 9
Still - the absolute effort of that! 😅

There is no better feeling then not having to hoover the stairs, scrub the toilets or clean the shower (my 3 least favourite household chores!)
Agree, I absolutely hate cleaning, I would even pay double our rate to avoid it to be honest!

Reactions: 5
I think this is a really common thing. My best friend and I have discussed this before with cleaners we have had. Start great then everything tails off. Annoys me! Hope you get sorted.

Reactions: 3
I had this issue in the past and I let the cleaner go…I do find that with a lot of these type of services things start brilliant and then go downhill. I think the same happens with hairdressers…starts great then complacency sets in and you leave feeling unhappy with the service! You’re paying for it so I would definitely approach her and ask if she’s coping OK with the tasks as you’ve noticed a few things have been left.

Reactions: 4
Finding a good cleaner is like finding hens teeth. I'd easily pay double the going rate to have someone for a few hours a week to help me keep on top of it all but I've been disappointed by all the cleaners I've had so far. Everyone I know that's really happy with their cleaner pays more than the going rate and they are so full they don't have time for any more work.

Sometimes I wonder why they go into this type of job that if they are that unhappy they won't do the work, far too many take advantage when it's just people's homes as I could never see them doing that if it was some company they were working in

Reactions: 1
I have owned my own cleaning company for 20 years.Just have a quiet word with her see if everything is ok? As previous posts just mention some things have been missed.I’ve noticed over the years things change in people’s homes for example children or pets, Which means extra work.I’ve spend many a time tidying peoples homes before I can clean which could then look like standards are dropping which isn’t the case.I’m not saying that could be the same for you.Also I’ve had problems arise we’re clients start off great then start taking advantage leaving dishes uncleared floors etc which adds pressure as you start to feel you need to still do the same standards with added extras in the same 2 hour slot.I hope you get it resolved best wishes.

Reactions: 10
We struggled to find a good cleaner for nearly a year. We eventually did and have recently moved so they can’t come with us as they don’t do this area. Anyways, I’ve had to let a lot go because we weren’t satisfied and were paying too much to not have the job done correctly. As you said she’s a sweet lady, I’d check if everything is ok first to see if she’s had a change or circumstances. If it doesn’t improve then I would just say you no longer require her services. Then wait a couple of weeks to find a new one.

You need to speak with her and if she doesn’t pick up, let her go. But honestly I’m shocked she manages to get that much done in 2 hours and I’d say your expectations are too high but I guess if she previously managed it it’s possible… but maybe she wanted to make a good impression so at the start went absolutley flat out but it’s not maintainable. Is she changing beds too? If so, 2 hours is not enough to do a through job for anyone.
Maybe see if she feels she needs an extra half hour.

Reactions: 2
Pulling up the cleaner doesn't have to be too confrontational, maybe point out that as you are on MAT leave money is a bit tight, having a cleaner is a treat and that you want specific jobs completed. You've noticed that not everything is being cleaned and would it be better to come to an agreement that she cleans specific areas rather than a general clean.

There are lots of different opinions here, I have done cleaning myself in the past and always insisted that from the off, the client gave me a list of absolutely everything that needed doing, at least that way, on my part, nothing was ever forgotten.
You do find sometimes they start slipping in "oh could you do blah blah too?" so piss takes can come from both sides . .
Its quite a personal thing having a cleaner into your house but I'm not sure why anyone finds it difficult to complain? We wouldn't think twice about bringing it up if a meal were substandard or a haircut wasnt up to scratch?
We are a weird ol bunch aren't we?

It doesn't have to be confrontational. You want to remain on good terms as the person lives nearby, I gather.
So even if you have to let her go, so be it. You're not planning on reading her the riot act!

Have a look at the stuff that needs doing, draw up a list and see if first of all, it is reasonably doable in the time she is being paid for.

Would it be worth swopping some things so eg give specific instructions that you want x done this week and y done the following week, (bigger jobs) and have certain things that need to be done every week such as floor mopping, vacuuming etc?

Re the early departure, I would come back to the the house early some days, and that might solve that.

I have a cleaner for 2 hours.. I don’t care if people think it’s unnecessary.. I absolutely love coming home from a week of work to a clean house on a Friday… worth every penny!!! We had some niggles at the beginning, we went with a company so emailed the lady and she sorted it straight away and also advised leaving a list so everything gets covered. Its working really well now! I also tidy up for the cleaner so she just comes and cleans and doesn’t need to move anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Could I ask how much y’all pay for 2hours of cleaning? I want to experience this coming home to a clean house on a Friday 💃

Reactions: 7
As I’m under the weather this week my daughter sent one of her girls this morning she stayed 2 hours did kitchen bathroom shower room lounge stairs and landing. Everywhere looks great just need hubby to keep it tidy now !! Think my daughter charges about £16.00 plus an hour

Make a detailed list of what’s expected ask her to text you if she hasn’t had time to do XYZ and you can review expectations for the time frame by next week. This will make sure she keeps on top of what you’d like her to achieve. She then doesn’t have an excuse to slope off early either.