Oscars 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm tuned into the Sky News red carpet show on Freeview channel 233! (Might stay up for the ceremony).

Looking forward to the fashion. I haven't seen any of the films nominated 🥴

Last edited:
Angela Bassett did not do the thing after all, I am surprised! I do like Jamie Lee Curtis though. Is it going to be Everything, Everywhere, All the Awards?

ETA: I think Ms Bassett's reaction here is shared by most of Twitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't hold the Oscars to any esteem, but they're not giving a Marvel film an acting award, even for Angela. I knew JLC would win for her longevity and their first excuse to nominate her. But the fact that this is only Angela's second nom ever, yet someone as basic as Emma Stone has won an Oscar, is a travesty IMO.

Who will be worst/best dressed?
Will Austin Butler Win best actor?
Who will get slapped?!
  • Best dressed: Cara D & Deepika.
  • Worst dressed: Elizabeth Banks, who was fighting with her dress on the carpet and now has almost fallen over it, and that idiot in a white dressed with a huge shoulder hood that's blocking the view of everyone behind her - inconsiderate cow.
  • Austin - No
  • Slapped - Jimmy Kimmel is a tit host, someone slap him please.

Reactions: 6
Angela Bassett did not do the thing after all, I am surprised! I do like Jamie Lee Curtis though. Is it going to be Everything, Everywhere, All the Awards?

ETA: I think Ms Bassett's reaction here is shared by most of Twitter.
Austin Butler should have won best actor too

Reactions: 3
I thought Cara D's dress was the stand out, especially in a year where there didn't seem to be many other red dresses.

Marlee Matlin looked lovely too.

Florence Pugh's dress was the worst for me, and Tems (the one with the shoulder hood - apparently she was the co-writer of Lift Me Up) dress was also a shocker.

Reactions: 5
The faces on these people - the rich and the beautiful. If aliens rocked up at Oscar time they’d be baffled by the stretched heads and blow up mouths in comparison to the rest of the species.

The freaks come out.

• Haha
Wasn't wise to start off interviewing Hugh Grant by calling him a veteran, then asking about a film he was in for a few seconds isn't going to turn it around :LOL:

Reactions: 5
All awards ceremonies are a waste of time. Smug backs-lapping nonsense, that merely increases both agent fees and the amount actors get paid.

You can't compare someone doing an Elvis impression to someone emoting behind a fat suit to someone wandering around a small Irish village to... you get the idea.

Baftas, Oscars, Grammys, all of it. Pointless claptrap.

Reactions: 7
The faces on these people - the rich and the beautiful. If aliens rocked up at Oscar time they’d be baffled by the stretched heads and blow up mouths in comparison to the rest of the species.

The freaks come out.
Gaga's face was PAINFUL to look at, and Kidman hiding all the seams around her face with that unkempt hair flopping about was a trip.

Reactions: 2
I liked Jamie Lee Curtis saying she was sorry that her drapes matched the carpet. They changed the red carpet inside for champagne (beige) and when they did the official photo against a white wall her ivory dress disappeared into the background. Luckily she saw the funny side and got an award.

I didnt watch it but have been looking at all the gowns online. Cara was best dressed 👌🏼 Don't understand why a big thing is being made of HGrant. Interviewer was shite! I thought gaga looked beautiful in the black dress. Olivia W, Chrissy T, FPugh and whoever the woman was in the white umbrella dress blocking views were my worst dressed, that I've seen so far.

I couldn't care less who wins what etc. Its just a fashion show to me 😂

Unpopular opinion - Rihanna's maternity wear is bloody awful

I liked Jamie Lee Curtis saying she was sorry that her drapes matched the carpet. They changed the red carpet inside for champagne (beige) and when they did the official photo against a white wall her ivory dress disappeared into the background. Luckily she saw the funny side and got an award.

Unpopular opinion: Angela Bassett chews the scenery in her movies - not a natural IMO, you can tell she's "acting" and it reminds me of old movies where they over-perform every single line.

Unpopular opinion: Angela Bassett chews the scenery in her movies - not a natural IMO, you can tell she's "acting" and it reminds me of old movies where they over-perform every single line.
She's a ham.