Opinions on piercing babies ears?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unnecessary. And to sum up the “pro piercers” - I once had a debate on a Facebook post about it and one response was “you take them for their vaccinations, and they hurt. So why is getting their ears pierced any different?” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Had mine done as a baby, never wore earrings once I could make my own decisions do it was a waste of my parents' money tbh.

Reactions: 2
So so tacky! I hate seeing babies with their ears pierced. It's cruel, vain on the parent's behalf and just plain nasty.

I understand for some it is done for cultural and/or religious reasons, while I may not agree with inflicting the pain of piercing on a small child, I respect that sometimes beliefs/rituals are important to carry out.
I personally waited until my children were old enough to know what it entailed, make the decision themselves and it wasn’t going to be a safety hazard. I have always viewed piercings as part of being an adult, a bit like tattoos...so it looks odd to me when young children have ear piercings.

Although, I did take my younger brother to have his ear pierced. I was at high school and he was about 6/7...the lady on the market had no objections, no consent form and no aftercare. My parents were really upset...but I repeated what I told the piercing lady...he really wanted his ear pierced or a goldfish. 🙈

Reactions: 1
I've had pierced ears since I was 5 - it was done quite commonly where I'm from, in fact I'd say mine were late :ROFLMAO: Most families did them from toddler age onwars. This was maaany moons ago tho. On babies it seems a bit unnecessary/early, but there are cultural and religious sensibilities to be looked at there.

Tacky unnecessary and selfish, not to mention dangerous as you can’t really tell a young baby not to pull on them or fiddle with them in anyway.

Reactions: 3
I know a woman who has all her childrens ears pierced by the time they were 1 years of age.
I am glad to hear everyone disagrees.

I know this woman is a show off and a pusher. She once told me she has a particular radio station on in the car so her daughter can keep up to date with the latest charts.
Her daughter was 3/4 at the time and in nursery 😣😯🤐

• Wow
I think it looks awful and you wouldn’t do it to a puppy so why do it to a child? If I ever have a daughter I will wait till she asks.

I have 2 daughters and 1 son. I would never consider having their ears pierced until THEY ask. To go ahead and put holes in a babies ears, I find an invasion of their body. They’ll be old enough one day to choose for themselves what they want to do.

Vile, selfish, chavvy. I had my ears pierced by 4months old. My Nan took me,my mum didn’t know. Could you imagine 😵 And now I have a fair few piercings/modified, I’m absolutely against it. Even if and when my kids ask me I will not be doing it until they can get them pierced with a proper needle, Not some twit with a spud gun. That are not and never sterile. Pushing a completely blunt earring through tissue. No thanks.

Also If I did it to anyone else I would be done for assault. So why the duck would I do it to my precious kids?

Also don’t bullshit me saying they don’t play with them when they are little. My kids always nearly pulled the ears off them self’s when they were tired.

And yes absolutely judge any parent who’s babies have pierced ears.

I’ll get off my high horse now 😂😂

Reactions: 5
I've got a rule in our house they have to wait until they are 10 years old my oldest nagged me from being about 4 I told her to wait.tenth birthday came she wanted them done so took her to a piecing tattoo shop that I had got reviews from.my middle girl is 12 hasn't had hers done she went when she was 10 and as soon as we got to the shop she changed her mind.shes wanting them done in the holidays but I've said think about it first before we go.
I really dont understand why anyone would want to put earnings in young children or babies or put them threw the pain when they haven't a say in it.
my 15 year old wants her belly button done has been asking since she was 12 as all her mates have it I've told her no she can wait until shes 16 and if she still wants it done she can pay for it with her own money.
I had my ears done as a baby my belly button at 16 and my eyebrow at 12.my nose done at 11.
I hugely regret my eyebrow as its left a scar and wish my dad hadn't let me have it done

I didn’t pierce my daughter’s ears until I was 10 years old. She asked when she decided she wanted to pierce her ears. If my son wants to pierce his ear, I will also allow him.

I wouldn’t pierce my baby’s ears until she’s old enough to ask (& old enough for a proper piercing studio to pierce with a needle - although the ones I used to frequent wouldn’t pierce children anyway)
I never showed interest in getting my ears pierced. I only got them done because a friend wanted hers done and wanted someone to go with her and my mum said okay. I was 11. Tbh before that my school had a rule of no earrings allowed but my high school allowed it.

I had mine done when I was 4/5 because I asked my Mum. I will be doing the same with my children.

HELL NO. I’ll quite happily judge parents who inflict that pain on a child who’s not old enough to consent or understand what’s happening

I hate it when i see babies or young children with earrings - it screams tacky and chavy. If my kids want to have their ears pierced it'll be at an age when THEY not the parent can decide for themselves. My daughter has asked however when shes an adult she can do what she likes.