On progesterone only pill, could I be pregnant?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, looking for similar experiences here and any advice.
**I don’t have any children or have ever been pregnant. I am also not trying for a baby.
Tried to make an account on Mumsnet but it wouldn’t let me post a thread on there so hope it’s okay on here.

So I am on the progesterone only contraceptive pill (Cerelle). I have been on this pill for roughly 4 years, and as advised by GP, to take this pill continuously without breaks. I have not had a period in 4 years.

2 days ago I noticed some spotting in my underwear and when I wiped on the toilet. Pinkish-light brown colour. I’m still spotting a tiny bit today. This is extremely rare for me as I haven’t had any type of spotting or bleeding for 4 years.

I normally take my pill before bed. But 6 weeks ago I had unprotected sex and didn’t take my pill until the next night. (I took 2 which is advised on packaging)

These past few days along with the spotting I have felt really fatigued and had a bit of lower back ache.

I took a pregnancy test earlier (FirstVue from Poundland) which came back negative. Although I did take it in the middle of the afternoon after a couple of glasses of water. Since taking the test I’ve researched online and drinking water could affect the results?

I have another test so will take it tomorrow morning with the first wee of the day.

My main concerns are:
• Has anyone else became pregnant on progesterone only pill without breaks?
• Is it worth buying a more expensive test I.e Clear Blue?

This is just to put my mind at rest as this would be an unwanted pregnancy.

Thank you :)

It's possible I guess but if it was 6 weeks ago and you've tested negative it's highly unlikely. You would most certainly have at least a faint positive at 6 weeks after the event. All my positive tests were evident 2 weeks post ovulation. I believe you will be OK but do one in the morning with your first urine of the day to confirm.

Reactions: 1
It is possible. I’d wait a week or so, and then do another test. Get a First Response test - it has pink dye and picks up early pregnancy hormones before a lot of the other tests.

It is possible, but if the test is coming up negative after 6 weeks I would think it's unlikely.
Take another test, but first thing in the morning is the best time to do it.

It is possible, but if you only missed the one pill - as in your pill the night before was on time, etc - I’d be quite surprised to be honest. Are you up to date on your smears?

It is possible, but if you only missed the one pill - as in your pill the night before was on time, etc - I’d be quite surprised to be honest. Are you up to date on your smears?
Yes me too I’d be very surprised. It’s just that the spotting is so rare for me. Had my first smear last year at 25, everything came back normal.

Yes me too I’d be very surprised. It’s just that the spotting is so rare for me. Had my first smear last year at 25, everything came back normal.
Yeah I’m on Cerelle too and I don’t think I’ve ever had spotting. It’s a tricky one because doctors usually say any vaginal bleeding should be checked...but when you’re on the mini pill you never know if it’s just spotting or worth asking 😬 I think with the other symptoms you have I would see if the GP can give you a call and take it from there, with these things it’s definitely better to be safe than sorry.

• Heart
I am also on the progesterone only pill. I went 5 years with no spotting/periods but then it started again and I can get some every other month now. I have been to the GP a couple of times and they just say it can happen

Reactions: 2
Hi, looking for similar experiences here and any advice.
**I don’t have any children or have ever been pregnant. I am also not trying for a baby.
Tried to make an account on Mumsnet but it wouldn’t let me post a thread on there so hope it’s okay on here.

So I am on the progesterone only contraceptive pill (Cerelle). I have been on this pill for roughly 4 years, and as advised by GP, to take this pill continuously without breaks. I have not had a period in 4 years.

2 days ago I noticed some spotting in my underwear and when I wiped on the toilet. Pinkish-light brown colour. I’m still spotting a tiny bit today. This is extremely rare for me as I haven’t had any type of spotting or bleeding for 4 years.

I normally take my pill before bed. But 6 weeks ago I had unprotected sex and didn’t take my pill until the next night. (I took 2 which is advised on packaging)

These past few days along with the spotting I have felt really fatigued and had a bit of lower back ache.

I took a pregnancy test earlier (FirstVue from Poundland) which came back negative. Although I did take it in the middle of the afternoon after a couple of glasses of water. Since taking the test I’ve researched online and drinking water could affect the results?

I have another test so will take it tomorrow morning with the first wee of the day.

My main concerns are:
• Has anyone else became pregnant on progesterone only pill without breaks?
• Is it worth buying a more expensive test I.e Clear Blue?

This is just to put my mind at rest as this would be an unwanted pregnancy.

Thank you :)
I fell pregnant on the exact same pill which unfortunately ended in miscarriage however, if you had unprotected sex 6 weeks ago, a positive should show up any time of day

My friend got pregnant on this one and she only missed one pill by eight hours and then took the two together.

I would say though it’s unlikely if you have had a negative test.

I am also on the progesterone only pill. I went 5 years with no spotting/periods but then it started again and I can get some every other month now. I have been to the GP a couple of times and they just say it can happen
I was going to say the same.

I was on this pill for about 4 years with no spotting. Then suddenly started getting a bit of spotting at irregular frequencies. Raised it at my pill check and was told it was one of them things.

Had 2 smears since all ok. Still get spotting on and off. Some months nothing, other months I get 2 days of light spotting and 2 weeks later the same again.

GP isn't interested says it is a side effect of the pill and to only come back if start getting more worrying symptoms

I'm on the same pill, I think you'll be ok. As others have said, a positive would show up by now. It stops ovulation doesnt it as well as increases cervical mucus and doesn't let the womb build a thick lining for any pregnancy trying to implant. Maybe an egg did manage to get fertilised but couldn't implant so you're spotting. Don't worry x