Olly Alexander

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know he was lauded for his Glastonbury speech - he seemed overwhelmed at being able to say what he did on the stage, and I feel LGBTQ+ rights and voices need to be heard - but I thought it was incoherent and a wee bit insta-ghandi...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know he was lauded for his Glastonbury speech - he seemed overwhelmed at being able to say what he did on the stage, and I feel LGBTQ+ rights and voices need to be heard - but I thought it was incoherent and a wee bit insta-ghandi...
Absolutely! But he sounds like a stuck record... there's a time and a place, not everyone wants to listen to an essay and this is coming from a member of the LGBTQ+ brigade

I just find him a little irritating, just a tad. Maybe if he talked about things other than his sexuality he'd be more tolerable.

Just read that years and years is now just Olly Alexander? Wtf?

Does he think he’s too famous for them now or something. I’ve always liked him but something seems odd about it

Reactions: 4
Their statement seems to suggest that because he’s written the new album alone in lockdown he is now the sole member of the band, one is going to produce and write elsewhere and the other is demoted to a background musician when Olly tours. Charming.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Their statement seems to suggest that because he’s written the new album alone in lockdown he is now the sole member of the band, one is going to produce and write elsewhere and the other is demoted to a background musician when Olly tours. Charming.
Then he should release that solo not under years and years? Sounds like a dick move

Reactions: 8
Of course, it may just be how I interpreted it. Perhaps they just re-evaluated things during lockdown and decided they didn't want to do it anymore.

Reactions: 1

Was confusing i liked years & years , sounds like Olly will be solo and the band demoted to the background ? I don't like this move.

Hope he’s learnt to sing better, his live vocals are often so flat
True - I've seen him twice at Glastonbury, first time was in John Peel and it was fantastic, second time was the infamous speech performance and it was like watching a different band. Does seem a dick move, shame as he's had a fantastic year.

True - I've seen him twice at Glastonbury, first time was in John Peel and it was fantastic, second time was the infamous speech performance and it was like watching a different band. Does seem a dick move, shame as he's had a fantastic year.
I was there on both those ocassions too and I totally agree.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone see his Glasto performance this year? The camera zoomed in on his side profile while he was sat playing piano and his nostril looked a little...worn ❄

• Wow
Sorry to spoil the party but I find him extremely annoying and very smug. Much less talented than he thinks he is and isn't even pretty to make up for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Went off him after he ditched the other members of Years and Years but kept the band name - fair enough if he wanted to go solo, but keeping the name kind of erases their contribution a bit and struck me a dick move

Reactions: 10
He had a bit of a moan about not being eligible to represent the UK at Eurovision - this was in the press only the day after Sam Ryder came second. Which was odd timing to say the least, especially when the consensus was that Sam did really well. It was like Olly felt personally snubbed by Sam’s success or something.
And Years and Years suddenly becoming a solo project seems odd too.

Reactions: 4
He had a bit of a moan about not being eligible to represent the UK at Eurovision - this was in the press only the day after Sam Ryder came second. Which was odd timing to say the least, especially when the consensus was that Sam did really well. It was like Olly felt personally snubbed by Sam’s success or something.
And Years and Years suddenly becoming a solo project seems odd too.

Well they could send him next year if he's got a decent song. He's certainly not in the same class as Sam as a singer though.

I thought Olly was great in 'It's a sin' but he's a poor singer with a very average voice IMO. Sam was popular because he was a great vocalist and was a good ambassador.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8