Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I can’t believe you lot wasted the opportunity to name this thread #19 sixteen.

Anyway this latest Nolan stuff is strange. DUP ditching him and the whole Bryson payments and now Nolan is fucking off to USA again?
The only thing I would query about the payments is that I assumed all commentators did get paid if appearing on BBC shows?

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
He’s actually French/ Algerian View attachment 2594474
All that being said, it’s not far right to want governments to tackle illegal immigration and control non-illegal immigration. It’s common sense. I don’t believe those involved in the criminal damage and theft were extremists, they’re simply scum of the earth criminals.

I don’t think it’s far right, as a tax paying citizen, to want stricter controls on who is eligible for housing, benefits etc.

I recently stayed in a Dublin airport hotel and the one beside it was exclusively housing Ukrainian refugees. I didn’t see one woman, just groups of men hanging around the place. It felt very unsafe to me. Governments have caused this catastrophe and they need to fix it.

(I fully appreciate that Ukrainians fled a war torn country, but when you can return for a summer holiday, questions need to be asked)

Reactions: 11

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Firing bombs or rockets has the same intent.- to kill whoever is in it.
Two things. Presumably you think Hamas are terrorists Grifty? So don’t you think “the most moral army in the world” should conduct themselves a little differently? 🤔 You know they’re not supposed to murder civilians right? Also, the difference is the world has condemned Hamas for what they’ve done but Israel “has a right” to commit genocide with endorsement from the west. Ffs look at what they’re doing. There are NO excuses.

Reactions: 10

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
I think it suits the political narrative that a foreign national was a hero in this situation. It’s a bit too convenient and forced for my liking. Also him saying that he hit the attacker as hard as he could with the helmet could prove problematic for him in the future, just saying.

In all seriousness, it really annoys me that peoples first thought is to start a GFM, particularly in situations like this where the person the money is being raised for is not the most in need. I hate that everything boils down to money but I agree that the victims and their families would benefit more from the financial support. God bless them. The victims are being overshadowed and forgotten and they’ve been through a horrific ordeal. I hope they recover physically. Mentally is a whole other issue.

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
Posting for no real reason other than everyone needs to see Mary Lou in a witch’s hat 😂

• Haha

LurkingLuke

VIP Member
Course Jimmys offended 😂View attachment 2560796
---
Yes she should look into and clarify these hate filled marches View attachment 2560797
of course she means those bad Catholics with their commemorations, she couldn’t mean the orange order who skip down the streets of NI handing out flowers, rainbows and love to the children in the streets 🙃
Jamie is the most annoying creatin in the country

This shit makes me want to return back overseas

Reactions: 9

Shimmering

VIP Member
Sorry to drag the mood down but the whole Israel Palestine thing does feel like the situation in NI in the past to some degree (but obviously what is happening now is so much worse, i feel guilty even drawing the comparison but it is what i feel). Watching israeli tiktoks etc the hatred feels so familiar, and the politicians stoking it. Imagine if unionists during the troubles had a state of the art military and carte blanche from America etc to wipe out nationalist communities I've no doubt it would have happened. We've been protected by the US many times which is why it is so sickening to watch Joe Biden as someone who makes a big deal about his Irish heritage backing Israel in their violence and destruction. The man has no morals.

I had to post this here rather the other thread just because I didn't want to be accused of derailing.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

• Heart

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
The pic Joe Brolly has posted of Palestinian kids (on Twitter). No words.
I have had to step away from Twitter lately (although I did open my phone yesterday and saw that picture) it’s too much.
I don’t want to bury my hand in the sand either and just pretend it’s not happening because that’s easier for me whilst I’m living my life safely, putting my child into a warm bed at the end of the day, with insignificant problems compared to these people.
Seeing mutilated, brutalised dead bodies of children is just beyond horrifying. There are no words. These fucking atrocities need to stop. How the fuck can humans be so cruel and ignore the most basic instinct we have- to protect children. It makes me sick.

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Yes the woman was from Magherafelt direction and the child has learning difficulties- the mum also did a full podcast with Bear & Scully
Was that the woman who said he kept calling looking for the daughter and she actually let her go? 😳 I don’t know if I picked that part up wrong. Then the daughter was locking herself in the bathroom when he came knocking at the caravan.
---
Have we got a new thread title lovelies?
In the spirit of Christmas and sea borders can we call it Snow Surrender 🙏😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
My childcare bill is 1500 a month for 2 in full-time. Grandparents not able to help for various reasons. 2nd baby happened quicker than we expected so they are both in full time. We both have good salaries but are struggling this year badly. Roll on June when we can drop their days down.
Married and cohabiting, working people are being absolutely slaughtered with childcare costs in Northern Ireland. I’m in a similar situation myself and we are struggling every single month. It has put a massive strain on our finances and has caused stress in our relationship. I pay the childcare and can only afford 3 days per week, the other 2 days we rely on family and feel blessed to have that support but without it, there would be no point in me working at all. We need a functioning government to tackle this issue. Unionists want to be treated the same as the rest of UK yet no noise from them about this!!!!

I also have to limit what I watch regarding the genocide of Palestinians. I go from upset to angry to helpless to furious. It’s pure evil. I feel guilty when I try to switch off from it but I need to in order to function. My heart is sore for them. I’ve been struggling to sleep after watching clips, hence the late night tattling.

• Heart
  • Sad

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
No shame whatsoever 🙄 The EU’s top diplomat literally just called the situation in Gaza apocalyptic. 12,000 children murdered, 25,000 children orphaned but yeah let’s embarrass ourselves by lighting things up blue 🤮 how do humans get to a point where they will literally celebrating genocide? Someone tell me please because I can’t comprehend.
It’s infuriating me too Nora. Of course the DUP brought this motion. Of course they would applaud genocide. They’d do it here tomorrow if they could. They are revolting excuses for human beings. They hide under the pretence of Christianity yet they are hate filled and evil. It’s the flag protests all over again yet this is supporting mass murder.

I do not stand with or support Isreal. No decent human being can say they do. Don’t give me all the “what about Hamas” shite either, Isreal are indiscriminately, relentlessly murdering!

Why light up civic buildings that are supposed to be for us all? It’s territory marking and control, pathetic.

Slightly off topic but how has the row over an Irish Sea border and seven stupid tests turned into a whole debacle about financial packages where the DUP are trying to call the shots (so they think)? Am I missing something? I thought it was about them feeling their Britishness was threatened by customs checks on goods as a result of exit from the EU they fought for? 🤯 Has my brain melted or can someone explain to me what’s going on?

• Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
This is very personal to me as my husband is an obvious immigrant who works in rural Ireland.

I really fear for his safety when things like this happen. Racist thugs like those wrecking Dublin or manipulating others into wrecking Dublin feed on legitimate concerns and fears of genuine people in order to justify their hatred and violence. Innocent humans will be harmed and that sickens me. They will target people who are not white and say it's because of X, Y, and Z when in reality they just want an excuse to be violent against people of other races.
Exactly. The hard working immigrants who are just getting on with a normal life are victims of this totally open border policy too. They become targets for people's anger which is completely unfair. If the government made some effort at monitoring or controlling immigration then it would take the heat out of the situation and there would be less anger/concern. You'll still have the racist thugs we saw today but if there's no public anger for them to capitalise on then they're not as much of a threat. People feel like the government are doing nothing and not listening and it's making the situation very volatile.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Anyone see the video of Shazzy being injected with drugs in broad daylight in the street? Sad state of affairs. Maybe the people giving her money for stupid shout outs will see how it’s being spent.

• Sick
  • Sad

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Hopefully that’s silenced a few of PK’s critics. Best Toy Show in years. I don’t why people thought he wouldn’t do a good job, he has children of his own but people were acting like he wouldn’t know how to interact with kids 🙄 better than dodgy Tubridy any day 👏

• Heart

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
I really appreciate the honest conversations here about how difficult this topic is. It's not as simple as either extreme view states - while many immigrants have benefited Irish society (especially as already mentioned those who work in the hospital looking after those injured yesterday), hotels full of men in their 20s/30s is something we need to discuss.

I previously worked in the university area of Belfast and there were HMOs that had 8-10 men standing outside them all day. No sign of women or children. All foreign nationals. Used to shout at women walking past and it was incredibly uncomfortable. I understand the Holiday Inn there closed to the public and has been housing, again almost exclusively men, since as have other hotels in that budget price bracket. So now this is where mental health comes in as that's got to be depressing, living in a hotel. And without proper family units or a purpose by going to work each day.

A perfect storm of issues.

Keikochan

VIP Member
Instead of Go Fund Me, the people who helped should get a special thanks from the President, perhaps a medal and maybe a nice lunch with him and his wife.
Also any medical fees should be waved for the kids & the Lady. There should be counseling provided for the school & creche too.
Ideally all schools & creches (in all of Ireland) should be fitted with CCTV too.

Reactions: 7