Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
i attended Kneecap on Friday and the tones last night, it was my second year of going and i have to say, the 'terror fest' Bryson keeps chattering on about isnt a true depiction at all.
I can agree that the 'ooh ahh' can be uncomfortable, but its SUCH a small portion of the night, its literally during one song and when i tell you the tones must have played about 40, i dont know how those men sang that set list last night hahaha.
What i can say is that it was the most welcoming atmosphere, being someone who isnt from belfast, the people were lovely, the community atmosphere was lovely and the singing was lovely. There were people of all ages, my group actually fell in with a group of 50+ ladies from west belfast who invited us back for a cuppa. (none of us were drinking)
I really enjoyed it both nights, and im gutted that every time i open twitter its negative comments about it, when the hate fest in derry on Saturday literally involving a serious assault isnt even being mentioned. Disheartening.
Thank you Banríon, good to hear your thoughts and glad you enjoyed it. Nolan is a massive dose, the irony is the BBC literally played The Foggy Dew every single day last week 🙄😂 Mainstream radio funded by the licence fee playing what many interpret as a rebel song.

Odd that an author doesn’t know the definition of irony 😂

---
The perpetually offended. As far as I can see the aim is to try to make us feel like anything remotely Irish or anything Irish people might relate to in any way is somehow shameful? Why is that?

St.Patrick’s Day? St.Patrick was a prod! Irish language street signs? Offensive. Irish sports? Shouldn’t be shown on the BBC. Irish music? Stop singing those songs. Irish cultural festival? Terrorfest. Irish flag? Burn it. Irish First Minister? Never never never.

Ask yourself on what other planet does an elected representative get to publicly mock a language and not be immediately sacked for being an unashamed racist? Would it be ok for Keir Starmer to openly mock the Hindi language and culture in the HOC or would he instantly become a National disgrace? I’m not falling for this BS. They can carry on their selective outrage all day but I’m not falling for it. They’re not hurt, they’re scared.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Hate to be that parent who brags but my wane done brilliantly in his GCSEs. Not that he cared much, he got his pic taken for the paper and was more concerned about the fact that he had a spot on his forehead 😂 Gets his vanity from his Da obviously 🤪😂 I don’t want to talk about how much I spent on a single pair of football boots yesterday but had to follow through on my end of the deal 😩😂

Here tell me this youssins, does anybody know anything about the cool fm cash call?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

timemoveson

Chatty Member
Well lads... exciting news 😏
I got officially moved upwards in my job to become a financial administrator and I got a pay increase (of 29p 😂)! Means I'm still in the same organisation as before and little hassle moving. Proud of myself for getting this far only 10 months into the organisation 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 13

BANRÍON

i attended Kneecap on Friday and the tones last night, it was my second year of going and i have to say, the 'terror fest' Bryson keeps chattering on about isnt a true depiction at all.
I can agree that the 'ooh ahh' can be uncomfortable, but its SUCH a small portion of the night, its literally during one song and when i tell you the tones must have played about 40, i dont know how those men sang that set list last night hahaha.
What i can say is that it was the most welcoming atmosphere, being someone who isnt from belfast, the people were lovely, the community atmosphere was lovely and the singing was lovely. There were people of all ages, my group actually fell in with a group of 50+ ladies from west belfast who invited us back for a cuppa. (none of us were drinking)
I really enjoyed it both nights, and im gutted that every time i open twitter its negative comments about it, when the hate fest in derry on Saturday literally involving a serious assault isnt even being mentioned. Disheartening.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Wee Nora

VIP Member
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
I haven’t been able to read the Lucy Letby thread or follow the trial on the news, I find it too upsetting. I had a premature baby who spent a few weeks in neonatal and the thought of someone you put your trust in harming your baby, is too much for me. I sobbed for the babies and their families when I saw the verdict today. May she rot in prison then hell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Long time lurker, I don't post because I'm not as witty as the rest of you but this has to be the best thread on tattle.
But seriously, is grifty ok because I really miss the banter 🤣
Side note: I've had the misfortune as to have briefly been in the company of one of Lord John's daughters.... Hateful, but sure what would you expect with thon for her da.

Reactions: 11

BigMavis

VIP Member
From my perspective it's not working. This isn't what I thought my forties were going to look like when the GFA was signed. I had no aspirations for a UI I just wanted people to stop dying. It's worrying me, and the reason I'm worrying is because I really think the Government has checked out but I also believe they'd see reunification as some sort of European union victory. That means that the people here of all religions and ethnic backgrounds become collateral damage but its dressed up as terrorism, most terrorism is the state, always was always will be. Truly believe people are so blinkered here they can't see beyond sectarianism, if they had brains they'd realise we're puppets. I know whose puppet I'd rather be and it wouldn't involve MI5 or MI6.

BigMavis

VIP Member
That crowd!!! Sucks to be a unionist, no wonder they want to hang on to policing and drive out Catholics. Enjoy burning flags losers our children are laughing.

• Heart
  • Haha

Shimmering

VIP Member
@Wee Nora used your title from the last thread

Carry on ladies.

Welcome everyone to this cross community safe space.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Will her breasts not get in the way though? Plus she's probably half daft with all that inbreeding we Catholics do.
She’s the woman for the job! She was in the PSNI for 17 years before transferring so knows the craic here. She’s a Derry woman too, so she gets my vote 🗳 The DUP would actually explode and hopefully wee Jim would spontaneously combust with rage 🤣

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
Don't know if any of you recall me posting a strange Scottish guy here, he lets on hes a judge, solicitor and police officer. Is constantly in court for dangerous driving and stalking police, gloats about his crimes and says he has a qualification in high speed driving.
He killed an elderly lady and injured in a child in an accident.

• Wow
  • Sad

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
IMG_9718.jpeg

Why is it that legitimate and justified criticism of Nolan has become about what fucking road he grew up on. I couldn’t give one shiny shite. Ridiculous. Distraction tactics. Trying to divert us from the issue at hand. What he did was unacceptable. Full stop

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
Bloody stupid of him but I will admit to not thinking too much of (both my grandfather's were in the IRA. However his latest behaviour has made me rethink. He really is a knob.
Its just a shitty attitude. Like we're better than you or something. Actually we're the casualties and the price of Irish freedom, I don't think that's fair. So while everyone has had a great time down the road and the country has moved on, flourished and pricks like Tubridy rise, we're still in the mess. Loads of men and women from up here fought for that freedom.

• Heart