Nominated for a property?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi tattlers in my phone. I’ve had an email about a property I bid on last week via Home Choice Plus (only been on the list three weeks & bronze plus! so the lowest priority) however I have been nominated for a property, I just need to prove child benefit I presume for the bedroom entitlement?

I’m due a phone call and/or email but has anyone else had this & what should I expect? I’m quite shocked as it hasn’t been a month! Thanks xx

Reactions: 1
It will vary area to area but most will offer you a viewing and then you have to accept or decline there and then. It’s pretty straightforward in my area.

Viewing, provide your supporting docs, pre-tenancy interview, financial assessment, maybe other pre-tenancy checks like landlord reference. Will happen very quickly so be prepared!!

(I’m a housing officer)

Reactions: 3
Viewing, provide your supporting docs, pre-tenancy interview, financial assessment, maybe other pre-tenancy checks like landlord reference. Will happen very quickly so be prepared!!

(I’m a housing officer)
Ohhh thank you! 😌

It will vary area to area but most will offer you a viewing and then you have to accept or decline there and then. It’s pretty straightforward in my area.
thank you😊

(I’m a housing officer)
can I ask with Christmas will it be after Christmas?
Haven’t heard from anyone today x

can I ask with Christmas will it be after Christmas?
Haven’t heard from anyone today x
Depends! Our last sign ups for new customers is today if it’s gas heating, Tuesday if it’s electric. We are running skeleton staff over Xmas then commencing Lettings on 4th Jan. in between that time, can still do viewings but probably wouldn’t do the sign up until the new year x

Depends! Our last sign ups for new customers is today if it’s gas heating, Tuesday if it’s electric. We are running skeleton staff over Xmas then commencing Lettings on 4th Jan. in between that time, can still do viewings but probably wouldn’t do the sign up until the new year x
Thank you
I would have to serve 4 weeks notice at my current home so will see if they call me next week 😄x

I moved into a HA home in Oct after being on the list for 9 months in the lowest band, I ended up 2nd place for the bid. Nearly 2 months after my bid got an email as first person didn't want it so it came to me, notified on the Friday via email and sent docs they wanted, viewed on the Tuesday and had the keys then and there!
Good luck to you!! 😊

Reactions: 2
I moved into a HA home in Oct after being on the list for 9 months in the lowest band, I ended up 2nd place for the bid. Nearly 2 months after my bid got an email as first person didn't want it so it came to me, notified on the Friday via email and sent docs they wanted, viewed on the Tuesday and had the keys then and there!
Good luck to you!! 😊
Thank you! I’m quite surprised it’s taken not even a month! Fingers crossed all goes ok - I’ve submitted my finances and income soo..... 🤞 xx