No longer watching "Gurus"; here's what I watch instead šŸ¤“

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So last year what with the pandemic I felt that the so-called "gurus" and "influencers" were a waste of my YouTube viewing time and I started to seek out more interesting content. Here are a few of the channels I found and have been loving; if you know of any similar ones please let me know!

1) Garden Answer - Laura and Aaron, a wife and husband team living in Oregon, USA who post mainly gardening educational videos but also a few vlogs here and there. I found them after searching for what to do with stretched succulents. They have an amazing garden already but just purchased an extra parcel of land which they have grand plans for. Their set-up is impeccable and they have an incredible output - several vids a week, even now when Laura is about to have their 2nd child (imagine the likes of Zoella doing that!). They live in a very different climate to me here in the UK but they are so engaging and knowledgable, put the work in and don't imbue their content with the tweeness or "cottagecore" aesthetic that I find a lot of UK gardening people do. I feel so excited about gardening now!

2) Epic Upcycling - a man I presume to be from the UK (have seen him utilising a Pot Noodle cup) who makes INCREDIBLE furniture and other objects from old pallets and scrap bits of metal etc. There's no talking in his videos, just footage of him making the stuff.

3) Micarah Tewers - a US sewing genius she kept appearing in my Recommended list and I put off watching her for ages because I foolishly allowed myself to stereotype her. How wrong I was. The first video I watched a chicken suddenly appeared on the sofa next to her and I thought "this isn't your ordinary sewing vlog". She is insanely talented at just taking a piece of fabric and making stuff without patterns. Also puts a lot of work into her editing and I find her hilarious. Other videos feature her draining her Dad's elbow, and a funeral for her rat.

Other honourable mentions: Bernadette Banner, Rachel Maksy, Christine McConnell

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The Endless Adventure - Eric and Allison travel the world ... or they used to, now they're renovating an RV. They're a really lovely couple and deserve more followers. They have travel vlogs, food vlogs etc, all professionally edited by Eric.

Reactions: 5
Bailey Sarian, love her videos!
H3H3 Podcast
Sean Thompson (he has reaction videos, watching Harry Potter for the first time and stuff)
Mia Maples
Random ASMR videos
Pewdiepie - my all time fave

Reactions: 4
Iā€™ve been watching a channel called Odd Tinkering on a night - ASMR of repairing old video game consoles!

LongHairPrettyNails
Carmen King - Canadian gamer, I just like her vibe.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™ve been watching a channel called Odd Tinkering on a night - ASMR of repairing old video game consoles!

LongHairPrettyNails
Carmen King - Canadian gamer, I just like her vibe.
I've watched a couple of Odd Tinkering's videos! There's also a channel where people send this guy their beat up iPhones and he repairs them, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.

I quit beauty gurus and watch nature/hiking/slow living/UK booktube channels instead.

my faves-

Athena mellor
Sustainably vegan
Elina osbourne
Jen Campbell

Things like California through my Lens, cooking videos, Anti MLM videos and the Dad challenge Podcast - gone are the days of beauty ā€œgurusā€ and influenzas ... sorry influencers!

Iā€™ve started watching Bald and Bankrupt - I love his travel vlogs! Amazed heā€™s been to so many places especially during Covid. Anyone know anything about him?!

Reactions: 4
Iā€™ve started watching Bald and Bankrupt - I love his travel vlogs! Amazed heā€™s been to so many places especially during Covid. Anyone know anything about him?!
Love his vlogs, theyā€™re funny and interesting! I think he has a Ukrainian girlfriend? Heā€™s a bit of a mystery though!

Love his vlogs, theyā€™re funny and interesting! I think he has a Ukrainian girlfriend? Heā€™s a bit of a mystery though!
I remember he mentioned once that he had had a business in the UK that went bacnkrupt and I think it was around then he started the channel. There was a girl in his channel once when he was in (I think) Belarus who seemed like she was a gf, I cannot remember if she was unkranian but she was defintiely east european

I really like Nicki Positano, I only discovered her recently, she lives on the amalfi coast with her husband, they both just seem really genuine and the scenery is, of course, stunning

LOVE Bald and Bankrupt. He and his girlfriend smuggled a kitten back home and it was honestly the most incredible, lovely thing. I THINK they're not together anymore which is so sad. I LOVE his stuff. He's so well informed as well as just fun to watch.

I watched his video last night in Armenia where he goes back to feed the stray dogs & puppies šŸ™

• Heart
Reactions: 1
if anyone is interested in Spain (especially Madrid) Spain revealed is really good

I remember he mentioned once that he had had a business in the UK that went bacnkrupt and I think it was around then he started the channel. There was a girl in his channel once when he was in (I think) Belarus who seemed like she was a gf, I cannot remember if she was unkranian but she was defintiely east european

I really like Nicki Positano, I only discovered her recently, she lives on the amalfi coast with her husband, they both just seem really genuine and the scenery is, of course, stunning
Are we the same person?! Iā€™ve just discovered her too. Love her vlogs, very restful and Iā€™m jealous of her cosy home in Positano! Love how her vlogs make me feel in the mood for a holiday!

• Heart
Are we the same person?! Iā€™ve just discovered her too. Love her vlogs, very restful and Iā€™m jealous of her cosy home in Positano! Love how her vlogs make me feel in the mood for a holiday!
I just started a rave thread for her if you are interested!

2) Epic Upcycling - a man I presume to be from the UK (have seen him utilising a Pot Noodle cup) who makes INCREDIBLE furniture and other objects from old pallets and scrap bits of metal etc. There's no talking in his videos, just footage of him making the stuff.
Sound a bit like Project Diaries this great person Lee (least I think thats his first names spelt)
is one where he asks someone if he can use wood from a skip and essentially made that shed he's in with that

Cant seem to remember the health condition but has a chronic illness as well

Reactions: 3