Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

motherhen

And this is why I believe NNL is committing some level of fraud. There are people truly struggling with cancer that don't get 1% of the help she has had. She fakes alot of what she says to get more money and free things. She swans around thinking she owns everywhere she goes.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. X
My sister passed away in the early hours on Friday morning 😭

No she's definitely making out for it to be far worse than it is at the minute. It's infuriates me because someone with her supposedly level of cancer just wouldn't be able to do all those things she does and still does and get the insurance to go on all these fancy holidays xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

QueenB

I have only recently started following Nicky and tbh my heart breaks for her, because she must be terrified. I have sent her a couple of messages of support particularly recently when she was told she wasn’t suitable for the clinical trial.

I work for the NHS with people who have suspected cancer who are referred in for investigations, and then support them through diagnosis and referral onto correct specialities, so I feel I am surrounded by cancer a lot. I witness the NHS at its best but I also see it at its worst, long waits for scans etc, biopsy results taking a long time to come back, and I can tell you it isn’t for the want of people trying and going to extreme lengths to do their best for people.

I didn’t realise, and it has really irked me to find out that she has cancelled/rescheduled treatment and then done multiple posts slagging the NHS off. If she wants to not have scans or treatment to be able to go on holidays that is her prerogative as a patient and I would ultimately support whatever decision a person makes. But don’t, if you make that decision, start using Instagram to slag off the health service that has kept you going for all these years you have been diagnosed, and don’t front a Macmillan campaign about it. It is WRONG.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
You know something that’s really bugged me about this lot over the weekend, is this “event” they went to (cancer in common) - they harp on about putting on these events for the “cancer community” and how they want to bring people together etc etc etc bla bla bla but it’s utter horseshit. All it is, is an excuse for all the Instagram cancer-influencer huns to get together, fawn all over eachother, tell eachother how great they all are and prance around using it for Instagram fodder. Were ANY of the people there at that even just “regular” normal people who DONT have an online persona? Did they advertise the event in local hospitals/cancer centres etc so that non Instagram people could go? Did they fuck. It’s all just so fucking fake. Take the cancer element out of it for a second and they are all just self absorbed, self serving, fake, greedy Instagram whores all grappling for the adverts and the freebies and the money. They make me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
916E6534-5620-4C6D-B4E3-ADE2AC5E982A.jpeg

this is the kind of crap that really irritates me. This is an ADVERT for the hoodie. It’s clearly an advert. Yet she NEVER EVER EVER declares her ads. Never.
And it’s bullshit - he didn’t just randomly pop home and ask for a cuddle did he? No. You’ve set the camera or phone up, put it on record, you’ve stood there manhandling yourselves into that hoodie, you’ve faffed around there to get the footage then you’ve got out of the hoodie, gone back to the phone, stopped the recording, edited it, uploaded it and added the captions. This is just so fucking fake. It’s not real!!!!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

motherhen

I actually can't stand her anymore! Constantly fannying around making herself look like a fucking idiot. Glorifies cancer making it look like a walk in the park! Saying she won't be here long enough for her hair to grow back! She's such an attention seeker! Always begging for freebies,constant ads and a fucking go fund me! My sister is literally dying of cancer,a few weeks left 😭 and she's there fucking about in her kitchen everyday making cancer look easy! I can't relate to her at all. I look at my sister who can't est,talk,walk and then there is her! She's a fucking beg!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
EEBA4EC1-D1F5-452F-ABDB-660A4A3F135A.jpeg

this is TRAGIC. She’s deliberately unbuttoned that shirt and pulled it down to expose the port and the lines. She’s done that on purpose. What the fuck is wrong with her? She is just nothing but an attention seeking idiot. She will do ANYTHING to have eyes on her, even pulling her shirt down on a train to take a photo of a port. And the same this morning where she’s deliberately blobbed mascara on her nose - just so she can post something on Instagram. I’ve never, in my 39 years of life, ever, dropped blobs of mascara on the end of my nose accidentally while doing my make up. Never. Occasionally I get it under my eye or a smudge on my cheek if a bit drops off but a big blob Like that on the nose? Nah. She’s done that deliberately.

OH.FFS

VIP Member
Do we think she’s actually lying when she says she’s exhausted? When I’m exhausted (have long Covid) I struggle to get out of bed to make a cuppa. Maybe she’s the type of person who breaks a fingernail and wonders if she should go to a&e?
I’m not sure if she’s lying but I honestly don’t believe she knows what true exhaustion or pain really is. I have severe ME/CFS and there are days I cannot lift my arms. That’s exhausted. There are days that nothing touches my pain. And there’s no way when I feel like that could I shower, get dressed, get on a train and do a weekend in Paris, then come home and do a function.
It’s been over five years since I left my house. Last time I went to the theatre was seven years ago.
She really hasn’t got a clue what exhausted means. She’s probably tired but that’s not the same. She’s living her life and that’s good because she’s also dying. So why shouldn’t she live. But I find it an insult when I hear people who play the cancer card (added: and I see them living, this is not to imply that some people with cancer aren’t desperately ill, I know they are and I’m really not insensitive to it) regarding exhaustion and pain because I know 100% what it feels like to be so exhausted you can’t bathe, brush your teeth, brush your hair and lift a fork to eat.
For me to do these posts, even on a good day, I have to speak into my iPad and allow it to make my voice into words. When I can, I proof read, but mostly, it is what it is,
Today is a good day for me and I used my energy for a bath and hair wash (first one in three weeks), tomorrow I’ll brush my teeth if I can.
That’s exhaustion …

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

motherhen

@motherhen I'm so sorry to hear of your sister passing. I hope that you can find some comfort and peace and take care of yourself. I lost a brother, so I know how devastating it is to lose a sibling. It sounds like you were a wonderful sister to her and I'm sure you being by her side brought her lots of comfort ❤❤❤
@motherhen I'm so sorry to hear of your sister passing. I hope that you can find some comfort and peace and take care of yourself. I lost a brother, so I know how devastating it is to lose a sibling. It sounds like you were a wonderful sister to her and I'm sure you being by her side brought her lots of comfort ❤❤❤
Ahh I lost my brother too 😢 I couldn't look after him though as his was sudden. I am a funeral director so she is at our funeral home which brings me such comfort ❤ she was my big sister and I'm the baby out the bunch. She looked after me so I looked after her xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Afternoon. Long time lurker, first time poster. I had to join because I feared I would have a brain haemorrhage if I didn't let out my immense irritation for this girl. In short, she's a twat. Vacuous, narcissistic and pobably sly. I really really dislike her and that makes me dislike myself. Don't know why I watch her its like having a rammy scab I can't stop picking 😬🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This is going to sound awfully morbid, but how much time do you think she has left? I don’t think her results are even slightly optimistic… makes me wonder whether she needs to get off socials in such a very hard-line way (ads, smiley persona) and focus more on her family and the people she loves. At times I wonder if even the ads are escapism for her. Makes her feel like she’s doing something outside of “being cancer”.
When my sister got her diagnosis she went into a sort of bubble of denial, which she never really came out of. Even towards the end. I think that's fine - it's one way of dealing with it. My husband kept saying she wasn't ever really "facing it" but to be honest, what does it matter? For some of us really facing it might mean just drowning in depression. My sister wasn't a disney-princess-on-speed though, it was more that she just determinedly focused on any positives and sometimes didn't seem to hear what the doctors were really saying (I hope that makes sense, not enough coffee yet!)

I dip in and out of this thread. I think it's totally fine to be annoyed by someone's persona, or the grabby selling selling/begging go-fund-me stuff, but how someone deals with their terminal diagnosis and what they choose to put out there in the World I think whatever is helping them. The monetising cancer thing bothers me. I feel that it's taking money off folk who most often have v. little themselves (probably less than the person asking). Folk can say, "well, no one forces them to give money or buy things" but it's not that simple, as there's emotional manipulation at play.

I also follow Limitless Em on Insta and IMO she's v. honest about her emotions and mental state and possibly more in touch with the reality of her situation, but then she gets messages telling her she's being depressing and miserable and there seems to be pressure and expectation that you'll "snap out of it". So you can't win really. I used to work with someone v. like Nicky, who did my head in (think sharing an office with a cheerleader!). You felt they were never really being honest. I've no idea what's going on psychologically with that sort of person.

Your original question though, she's on a v. similar path to my sister and you're right, sadly. I do think we live in a v. strange world now, where comments and validation from strangers mean far more to people than they should do. I guess if that lifts her up in some way though, then whatever helps get you through. Increasingly I feel like I'm part of an older generation who sees it all as a bit shallow and meaningless. People following you online don't really love you and certainly won't grieve for you, in spite of what they might say. I'm thinking like you and I wouldn't want to spend what energy I had on social media at such a time.

• Heart

stage4gerta

I was on eribulin for 14 months and it cleared my liver, stabilised my lungs and bones. It’s a 5 minute infusion and my side effects were the most manageable of all the chemotherapies (7 so far!). It is still a very frightening place to be and I think Nicky has only tried two types of chemotherapy so far. At the moment I’m on the tablet capecitabine and finding it tough but Nicky seemed to do well on that one for quite a good while. We are all individuals I guess that’s what I’m trying to say

• Heart

stage4gerta

Up to now I’ve been an observer but this morning I was actually in tears with anger seeing Macmillan are now behind this fraudster. How dare she attack the nhs who have clearly been bending over backwards to meet her every demand. I wonder how her team are feeling when they see how much she’s now turned on them.

I’m a similar age to Nicky and also have stage 4 breast cancer. How can she with good conscience slate the nhs when she brought on herself delays by stalling treatment for holidays. Also she paused nhs treatment to go after a trial which also meant a delay when this did not work out for her. This seems to be completely forgotten about.

I feel sick and angry that she somehow now thinks she represents the stage 4 breast cancer community. Her experience could not be further from the reality many of us face day to day. She clearly reads this thread so Nicky please stop lying, if you care so much as you say donate your GFM to cancer research and nominate someone who is more representative and honest to advocate for this Macmillan campaign.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
If I was in my 30s and had months left to live then I think I would probably want to jet off somewhere lovely with my husband.
Yes of course. But it’s the fact she’s doing it on other peoples money, money that she is given by pulling on the heartstrings of those who watch her, when she comes from a financially comfortable family and when her husband has a well paid job and they don’t actually NEED the money. If it was a once in a lifetime singie holiday that she otherwise wouldn’t ever have been able to go on, fair enough. But multiple luxury far flung holidays that other people are paying for?

• Heart

heytherebaby

Chatty Member
I feel like F&F pick dying women to model their clothes or affiliate them, because people would feel sorry for her and go buy it and maximise their profit.

Ew.

• Heart