Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Ok just gonna say it, this MUA chat is boring now 😴😂 can we please get back to discussing Old trouts like Cathy Martin, Drew Clarke the racist, Melissa Riddell and all her undisclosed ads, Jordan Q Radio and her shotgun wedding to Ben the Fairy, Gemma Garret And her massive fucking ego, Rebecca Maguire the milly etc etc…, 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Let’s be clear here, I will never spend my hard earned money on something you give these grifters for free.

Louder for the people in the back!

If you’re having to pay “influencers” to advertise your overnight stay/glamping/airb&b you are not getting my money.

Any spare cash I have, when I want to treat my family or myself, will be spent elsewhere.

We need to complain more - those of us who actually work for a living who don’t appreciate being made fools of 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
A bit late to the posts but I agree about the Galgorm. I went prior to covid a couple of times but firstly the prices in recent years have gone through the roof and secondly they keep giving gifted stays to idiots on Instagram, puts me right off. Won't be back. I can't imagine who watches these stories when instahuns go and says "ah yes that's made me want to spontaneously spend £600 on a single night at a hotel in Cullybackey"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

PeanutButterHead

Let’s be clear here, I will never spend my hard earned money on something you give these grifters for free.

Louder for the people in the back!

If you’re having to pay “influencers” to advertise your overnight stay/glamping/airb&b you are not getting my money.

Any spare cash I have, when I want to treat my family or myself, will be spent elsewhere.

We need to complain more - those of us who actually work for a living who don’t appreciate being made fools of 🤷🏻‍♀️
See also: restaurants. I love my food and regularly go out for dinner but there's a list of restaurants I won't touch. When will places realise it actually does your brand more harm than good? Six by Nico I'm looking at you....

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Forallthoseasking

I've not been to the Galgorm in years but based on several reviews from friends and family, it's nothing thay special. I looked into it for a spa weekend for my mum's birthday this year. For the same price as a night in the Galgorm, I've managed to book her flights to Manchester, a similar package at a spa hotel in Cheshire (where all the WAGs and actual celebrities go), and have money left over for a round of drinks with the nice planned meal in Manchester!

Comparing that to somewhere that I'm likely to bump into someone from school, it's a no brainer 😂

Reactions: 19

holla87

I’m getting so confused about who is being discussed in these posts. Can people put the influenzas name in the post so I can keep track?

• Haha

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
If I spent all that money on Galgorm then turned up to find some god awful influencer in the hot tub next to me, shedding their cheap fake tan and having for it for free, I'd be ripping!

• Haha

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Nearly time for a new thread tattle bastards! Any suggestions for a poll for when I’m making the next thread?! 🤔
Not a thread suggestion but on the next thread if members could post who they’re referring to in the first line of their comment that would be helpful. Sometimes it’s hard to follow who people are on about. Maybe it’s just me 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 18

cee-bee

VIP Member
A bit late to the posts but I agree about the Galgorm. I went prior to covid a couple of times but firstly the prices in recent years have gone through the roof and secondly they keep giving gifted stays to idiots on Instagram, puts me right off. Won't be back. I can't imagine who watches these stories when instahuns go and says "ah yes that's made me want to spontaneously spend £600 on a single night at a hotel in Cullybackey"
yeh, they’ve really missed the mark whoever is in charge of advertising. They’ve made their clientele feel cheated, made their prices look overly expensive and overall made themselves come across as very low brow, by giving freebies to small time influencers. Everyone in NI knows about galgorm. Advertising via dozens of influencers isn’t really doing them any favours.

I don’t see the merchant, the slieve donard, the fitzwilliam, the culloden etc. Giving out freebies to small time influencers and they come across as much classier places for it.

Reactions: 17

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
A one-stop-shop for all Northern Irish influencers!

We can only discuss them if:
1. They have over 10,000 followers
AND
2. Have a public profile

Please follow the rules and if in doubt, just don’t mention them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

cee-bee

VIP Member
Mortifying to see these influencers “ask for recommendations” under the delusion that it’s not painfully obvious they are begging for freebies.

seen an NI influencer recently ask for recommendations for a hair salon.

even more embarrassing when no one takes them up and they are sporting the same ratty hair weeks later.

just have some dignity and pay for a haircut instead of begging? Such a terrible example and set of ethics to show to their kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Wow that’s crazy about that MUA 🫣 everyone knows family emergencies can’t be helped but I do think it’s very unprofessional of her not to even message the bride, and then not until 8am 🤦🏻‍♀️ That will do her business a lot of damage as no matter what way you look at it she’s not reliable.
It won't do her business any damage. The only gums flapping about it are people who 1. Don't use her for makeup anyway
2. Those who love to get a few digs in for the sake of it.

We shouldn't even be discussing linzi in here as she's not an insta business, she's not making money from it therefore she's a private/personal insta account.

People need to seriously wise up. 1 incident in 20 years of doing makeup and all the millbags are going nuts about it? The girl rang the bride, she refunded her immediately. What else was she to do? Offer up her first born?
Seriously get some perspective here.
I've seen some amount of shite talked about this. My sympathy would have lay with the bride if she hadn't been so nasty to keep the post up, let people share it etc.

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Well ladies, how are we all tonight?!
Today was a stressful day at work so the shoes have been kicked off, wine cracked open, and Chinese is about to get ordered 🍷🥢 what does everyone order? I can’t make my mind up… I’m thinking either beef in black bean sauce or honey chilli chicken, with a salted chilli chip 🤔 tell you what, no matter what sort of a day I’ve hard, my favourite thing to do is stretch out on the sofa, phone in one hand with tattle open, and some snacks in the other. The craic is 90 and the slabbering is top tier 😂 chin chin fellow tattle bastards🍷 xo

• Haha
  • Heart

mcsparkle12

Syngle Girl does my head in - goes on the complete rip all weekend, comes on stories of a Sunday talking about how hungover she is and is then on crying on a Monday about how bad her anxiety was. No pet, thats a 2 day hangover. Sickens me people using the term anxiety so loosely for engagement. I don't know how she gets away with her drunken antics on a public social media profile as a teacher.

• Haha

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
She so obviously sent all those questions to herself. They sound just like her and who would be that smarmy 🤣
“You are my comfort person…” get to fuck ya moon beam 😂 I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that she sent herself this, or the possibility that someone else may have 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Tiktoklurker

Maybe it’s just cos I have been through the experience of someone not turning up - I didn’t leave a bad review but I don’t think she should be posting poor me she’s now turned off her reviews I really really don’t think she should be playing the victim here at the end of the day she ruined a brides wedding day and there are consequences. She’s never said what the family emergency was and is able to go away on holiday so Obvs not that big a deal x
if you look at the post going around on Facebook, the mother was hospitalised the night before. The girl probably could have messaged her but her head was probably up her hole too.
she ruined no one’s wedding day, the girl got a replacement MUA and if her wedding day was to be “ruined” over a no show makeup artist or hair stylist then she shouldn’t be getting married anyway.
The woman apologised, I’m sure the last thing she would have wanted was a no show on her name especially being self employed.
This me me me attitude from some people at home is seriously stinking and it is exactly why I do not go out in public especially restaurants with my SIL when are home. 🤣
lessons were learnt from all in this situation. Mistakes were made
(I’d be turning my google reviews off too if a lock of bandwagon jumpers were going to review me negatively too without even being a client of mine!)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Rosieray

Chatty Member
same! Why risk it! It would make me feel
So cheated to be next to someone knowing they’d been given a freebie because they just happened to have a couple of thousand bot followers on their insta, most of whom probably don’t even live in Northern Ireland.
Plus inevitably the costs must be pushed onto me as a paying consumer for these people to have their free trips.

what I hate most is that a lot of influencers brand their ad as “oooh youre helping support a young family/ a small business owner”. How is a free hotel stay helping support you? Why not get an actual job and support yourself? Sloopemc is one for posting that a lot with her ads. Along the lines of “your support means so much and helps support a young family”. Such a bizarre slant on it.
I follow one and she's a single mum. She is on holidays atm with her 3 kids and has been posting aff links saying please click in it really helps me out as a single mum then in the next breath talking about how she has already booked her next holiday for August. I won't even be getting 1 holiday this year we just can't afford it with the rising costs. Would sicken ye.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

candyfloss99

VIP Member
Melissa Riddell - every single story is an undeclared ad. I commented once, is this not an ad? Was promptly blocked.

• Angry
Reactions: 13

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Ok I’m just gonna say it, I actually really like Gerry Lavz 😅😂 the wee man isn’t wise, but his stories make me laugh and I enjoy watching him in between the fake insta huns and their scripted lives. He doesn’t take himself too seriously, doesn’t seem to give two fucks, and just generally looks like he’d be good craic 😂

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
All.Things.Mia

It really pisses me off when these insta huns cry troll, when what has really happened is that they’ve been called out on something stupid/irresponsible/illegal they’ve done. In this case, Mia was driving down the motorway at nearly 80mph and thought it would be a great opportunity to video it and use it for content on her stories. So no Mia, you weren’t trolled! You did something illegal and downright stupid and you read about yourself on here! 😠🖕🏼

Attachments

• Angry