New Zealand Chat Off-topic #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am SO TIRED of being told every day to educate myself on Palestine and that silence is equivalent to murdering Palestinians myself. Not that I am anti-Palestine; what's happening there is bleeping terrible and I am in no way pro war. But it is incredibly, deeply complex and - crucially - one of many atrocities. The same women donning keffiyehs (whitely) and 'refusing to stay silent' on this have said and continue to say precisely nothing about anything else. It feels trending? Obviously it's tit and I understand wanting to get eyes across it, but why this and only this? And why do they genuinely think resharing Instagram stories is going to make a difference?? By this point I think it's clearly obvious you aren't going to make any difference beyond causing yourself and your immediate contacts a whole lot of stress and discomfort?

Just me and who I follow??
war genocide. The journalists currently their (and the ones who left) are begging the world to keep sharing & talking about this….

Reactions: 2
I am SO TIRED of being told every day to educate myself on Palestine and that silence is equivalent to murdering Palestinians myself. Not that I am anti-Palestine; what's happening there is bleeping terrible and I am in no way pro war. But it is incredibly, deeply complex and - crucially - one of many atrocities. The same women donning keffiyehs (whitely) and 'refusing to stay silent' on this have said and continue to say precisely nothing about anything else. It feels trending? Obviously it's tit and I understand wanting to get eyes across it, but why this and only this? And why do they genuinely think resharing Instagram stories is going to make a difference?? By this point I think it's clearly obvious you aren't going to make any difference beyond causing yourself and your immediate contacts a whole lot of stress and discomfort?

Just me and who I follow??
I have to scroll past the horrific images and videos for my own mental health, but I’m well aware of what Israel is doing and find it horrific.
It DOES feel like the latest trend, just like #blm, women’s reproductive rights and the Ukraine invasion for a small example, none of which get talked about now and everyone has moved on to the next atrocity.
I think the sharing is important for educating people and reminding them of what is happening but you’re right .. it won’t do anything except educate. Nobody from Israel is going to see someone sharing a story of the genocide and decide to leave Palestine alone.

It might not stop Isreali soldiers in Palestine, but Palestinians do use social media and say they are happy not to be forgotten about, so that's worth it for some people.

I do understand the fatigue too though. It's hard to feel bombarded and also helpless.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It might not stop Isreali soldiers in Palestine, but Palestinians do use social media and say they are happy not to be forgotten about, so that's worth it for some people.

I do understand the fatigue too though. It's hard to feel bombarded and also helpless.
Yup. I share this sentiment. I don’t think it will directly “help” but it’s definately educating and that’s big. Myself as well as others I know would not have a clue without it on social media (ashamedly) but I just don’t do news etc.

But it is heavy and I do think for certain influencers it is a “do good/look good” scenario but for others you can see they genuinely care and are affected.

Reactions: 6
war genocide. The journalists currently their (and the ones who left) are begging the world to keep sharing & talking about this….
I understand that. I just don't understand what they expect it to do? Western civilians sniping at each other for not sharing 'enough' on their social media won't stop Israel, and cutting actual friends and loved ones with culls preceded by "YOUR SILENCE TELLS ME ALL I NEED TO KNOW" just feels ... I don't know; it's sweeping through in weird ways. Assuming people don't care or aren't discussing it and taking what action they can elsewhere just because they're not being noisy online seems like a weird take. There's a certain population of people who are posting every single day, openly carrying that pain and misery with them every day, having their lives deeply affected, and harshly judging anyone who doesn't do the same. It feels like it's crossed (with some) from raising/maintaining awareness to lashing out and creating conflict of their own; obviously not the type of conflict they're sharing about, and comparatively it's nothing, but maaaan it is this constant bombardment that ultimately probably won't influence anyone who could actually make change. This is all way, way above our level.

I mean, they're backed by the bleeping US. Circa 38,000 Palestinians have died so far since the Hamas attack - the US were responsible for something like 300k civilian deaths in the Iraqi war (and resultant deaths throughout the Middle East in the years since are over 4M). Conflict is a HUGE industry for them and they've always, always valued money > people. And been racist. Etc.

I guess I am just feelin' futile and tired of being barked at for not doing enough when I can't realistically change anything. (Trying very hard to word this without sounding like "it's all about meeee" because it obviously, heartbreakingly so, so isn't - just needed a whinge / to verbally bang my head against a wall this morning.)

Reactions: 12
Well after all that this question is a cringe af segway, but please tell me the search terms for WDG it ain’t showing up
It won't show up as it's private. So hidden from any searches. You need to be invited
---
It won't show up as it's private. So hidden from any searches. You need to be invited
Oh TC me that's only if it's a secret group lol

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
I understand that. I just don't understand what they expect it to do? Western civilians sniping at each other for not sharing 'enough' on their social media won't stop Israel, and cutting actual friends and loved ones with culls preceded by "YOUR SILENCE TELLS ME ALL I NEED TO KNOW" just feels ... I don't know; it's sweeping through in weird ways. Assuming people don't care or aren't discussing it and taking what action they can elsewhere just because they're not being noisy online seems like a weird take. There's a certain population of people who are posting every single day, openly carrying that pain and misery with them every day, having their lives deeply affected, and harshly judging anyone who doesn't do the same. It feels like it's crossed (with some) from raising/maintaining awareness to lashing out and creating conflict of their own; obviously not the type of conflict they're sharing about, and comparatively it's nothing, but maaaan it is this constant bombardment that ultimately probably won't influence anyone who could actually make change. This is all way, way above our level.

I mean, they're backed by the bleeping US. Circa 38,000 Palestinians have died so far since the Hamas attack - the US were responsible for something like 300k civilian deaths in the Iraqi war (and resultant deaths throughout the Middle East in the years since are over 4M). Conflict is a HUGE industry for them and they've always, always valued money > people. And been racist. Etc.

I guess I am just feelin' futile and tired of being barked at for not doing enough when I can't realistically change anything. (Trying very hard to word this without sounding like "it's all about meeee" because it obviously, heartbreakingly so, so isn't - just needed a whinge / to verbally bang my head against a wall this morning.)
You wrote this really well 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼
I totally get what you’re saying.

And to just touch on one of the areas you spoke about, people cutting their friends and family off for not sharing or speaking up gives me the ick.
It reminds me of Covid times when people were cutting each other off for getting vaccinated/not vaccinated (not opening a discussion on that, just comparing).
Let people live their lives the way they want to instead of trying to turn us all into cookie cutter human beings 🙃

Reactions: 5
It reminds me of Covid times when people were cutting each other off for getting vaccinated/not vaccinated (not opening a discussion on that, just comparing).
Let people live their lives the way they want to instead of trying to turn us all into cookie cutter human beings 🙃
Yes that's exactly what it feels like!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a question for you all.

If you dump your dishes in the sink at work, and the office lady does YOUR dishes... do you expect your sistema/plate etc to be pristine clean, or be given a good rinse and swish round with soapy water for you to take home and put through your own dishwasher at home.

Just something I'm pondering as i do my workmates dishes.

Reactions: 1

If you dump your dishes in the sink at work, and the office lady does YOUR dishes... do you expect your sistema/plate etc to be pristine clean, or be given a good rinse and swish round with soapy water for you to take home and put through your own dishwasher at home.

Neither? I do my own and wouldn’t expect anyone else to do it.

Reactions: 3

I try rinse out my own dishes, but if I forgot and found it had just been swished around with soapy water I'd be okay with that lol

Random as but who recommended the glow bright leggings from SHEIN? Is the sizing good? I’m usually a medium in Amin so thinking of just ordering a medium

I always do my own dishes and would NEVER expect anyone else to do them for me!
IIIIIFFF by some freak accident I left my dirty container in the sink and someone kindly washed it for me, I would never be annoyed it wasn’t cleaned pristinely!

Are you saying someone had a witch that THEIR container that YOU cleaned for them wasn’t up to their standards???