Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
Excuse my French but I got the fucking job!!! Local school, caring head with 2 young children herself 5 mins from my house & baby tangos nursery, agreed my upper pay & 4 days a week too 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 33

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Hello everyone! I’ve finally graduated from the pregnancy thread ❤❤❤❤

Baby Rita is doing so well and making amazing progress, she has come off the ventilator today and they have taken her off sedation so she is doing some of the hard work all by herself! I have been able to change her nappy for the first time tonight 🥰 hoping this continues!

Wish I could share pics with you all as she is just so cute in her little incubator ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
We're extubated and shes drowsy as hell and isn't happy but she's managed to give me a teeny tiny little smile to tell me she's there.
Got to get to back to grips with tube feeds for the foreseeable (and training to replace one) but I don't care, I can't wait for Twin 1 to come and cuddle her tomorrow 🥺🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Hey everyone 👋 sorry for being quiet on here, thanks for thinking of me and the tags! The last time I posted I mentioned that my mum had been diagnosed with breast cancer, a couple of days after that we found out that Mr T’s nan who’s a lovely woman also has cancer, and the house we were buying and have been waiting to move into for 9 months all fell through, so it was a pretty devastating few days. I’m really worried about my mums health, she already has a lot of health issues so it’s going to be hard for her to go through cancer treatment. Also just massively can’t be assed to start from scratch in regards to finding a house, but we have to do it because we are still at my MILs 🤯 baby T will be room sharing with us until he’s 1 at this rate. So much bad stuff happened I just didn’t want to post on here and be a downer, even though I know you’re all so supportive and a great bunch ❤ being a mum is so hard, but I’m so glad I have baby T to get me up in the morning, he’s really helped me to get through the dark days.

anyway after the rubbish news we decided to book a little holiday, we probably shouldn’t have because of money but it all made me think life is too short and I want to make some happy memories. It’s only West Wales so no sun 😆 but it’s nice to be away in the middle of nowhere, we are just going to the little towns and pottering around, and theres a hot tub in the garden of the cottage which I’ll definitely not get a chance to use because baby T won’t let me. Being away has done wonders for mine and Mr Ts relationship though, think it’s the first time we have liked each other in months 😅

hope everyone’s ok, I’ve caught up on the thread and sorry to hear some of you are also having a rubbish time, sending some solidarity for when life just keeps shitting on you.

Welcome to the best thread @calmyourritas , congratulations and hope you and baby Rita feel better soon, you both sound like warriors 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Well done to T2 🥰🥰 glad she’s been able to give you one of her beautiful smiles, @I’mThankyou_ im sure you’ve been longing to see it.
Any word on when you may get home now?
Hoping midweek end of next week at the earliest!
In even better news Mr TY has sent me confirmation of his flights and he'll be landing at MAN at 6am Saturday 😭
The tears won't stop coming!

thank you ladies for always being my ear.
i love this group of strangers endlessly ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
I'M BACK BITCHESSSSSS!!!!!

Felt a bit emosh logging in and seeing all the tags from people, I've missed you lovely lot. I'm sorry for being MIA - I won't go into it but I accidentally came off my meds, my mental health did an absolute fucking whopper and honestly I've just been barely hanging on so I've kind of shut myself off a bit.

However, things seem to be getting better now. Baby O is 6 months old next week - how did that happen?!!?! She's weaning, she's almost sitting up by herself and getting teeth. She's currently going through a hardcore nap strike, which is testing me, and she's reached that point where she wants to yell and squeal at top volume all. fucking. day.

I hope you're all OK - I'm going to attempt to catch up on what I've missed!

unnamed.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23

WhatABore

VIP Member
Just thought I'd have a small rant about feeling lonely 😂

My partner works nights anyway so I don't see him that much anyway.
But I used to be super close with my sister and she just seems to put everything before us.
We used to see her every few days and most weekends. But now, I saw her 2 Saturdays ago and then 3 weeks before that for an hour and that's it. She's even stopped telling me when she has days off work.

My partner is off work today as its the start of the fishing season. So he's going fishing.

It's the anniversary of my Dad passing today.
So I thought so I'm not home on my own as he's going fishing, I know my sister has a day off so I'll ask her.
But nope. She's also busy.
It's the same thing she puts before us all too. A sport.
We'll just say football because it's easier to explain.
She goes to as many as she can whether it's the team she supports or not.
But it's always put before us.

Feel like I'm stuck behind this glass wall. Watching everyone live their lives doing what they want and I'm just stuck behind it, forgotten about just watching them continue.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I had really got my hopes up that baby would be home for Father’s Day this weekend but it’s looking very very unlikely at this rate 😢😢 we need to establish bottle feeding properly before they will discharge her and she is just really struggling with it. They have referred us to SALT who have given us some tips and pointers but honestly she just gives up after a few sucks and then they have to feed the rest through her feeding tube. I feel like we’re not making any progress, they want her to feed every 3 hours but it takes up to 45 mins to get just 60ml down her. There is no point to this post, I’m just feeling drained and shitty tonight 😪

• Heart

Jellybean093

VIP Member
So, after my massive parenting fail the other night, things have turned around!!
Have been out all day and stopped for dinner. The kids were actually very well behaved, maybe shouting (singing) a bit too loud, but whatever 😂
Anyway, as we’ve got to leave, 3 older ladies have tapped me and told me how lovely it is to see how well behaved they were and how they are a credit to us and that we are amazing parents 😭😭
Be right back while I go and cry

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Spoiler alert: I have mastitis again. 😖

Knobwaffle alert 🚨🚨
Because of the above I feel like shit and am in bed. I have no desire or energy to order our shopping (which should have been done earlier in the week and we are now out of all food). I asked him could he do it. I do the shopping every week. I have done for years, he hasn’t done it in maybe 4/5 years since he famously bought all the ingredients for 6 dinners and nothing else (eg no bread, milk).
He has been moaning and whinging he doesn’t know how to use the app (Tesco, not talking nasa science here) and how I’ll moan at him when he gets it wrong. Texting me every two minutes “do we need xyz?” LOOK IN THE CUPBOARD!

He is an idiot.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve cried most of today because I just feel so awful I can’t even get out of bed to go and visit my baby.

I’m in so much pain every time I move, I just managed to make it to be wheeled downstairs for the first time at half past 7 today and I only managed half an hour sitting with her before I was crying and nearly throwing up and had to come back.

She’s doing so well, I just feel like I’m letting her down and I should be with her more but I can’t physically do it 😭😭😭 feeling like a shit mum already 😢😢

• Heart
  • Sad

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
T1 isn't with me today because it's just so hot in the hospital, my dad's just sent me a video and she's crawling, she'sbeen trying to crack it for weeks.
Feel like I'm missing out on so much being here, and the differences between her sister now is just so stark 😔

• Heart
  • Sad

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Is MrTY back, @I’mThankyou_ ? How are you managing with hospital, and kids not in hospital, school runs etc? Sending you so much love, you must be exhausted xx
Hes not😔
He doesn't know the extent of everything going on, because I can't bare to tell him over the phone, I need to be able to see him in person. He's had about 300 messages telling him he needs to do what he can to come home, even if that means going AWOL and risking being sent to court.
The boy & Twin 1 are moving about between my parents currently. Twin 1 is allowed to come into the hospital as she's still technically a breast fed baby too so they're allowing her in, so either one of my parents will drop her off in the morning so I can see her too & she can see her counterpart & then she's collected again in the evening.
I'm hopeful we can be discharged next week, we're just waiting for someone to give us the okay to extubate.

Thank you all for being so lovely, my apologies that I have such dramatic children 😂

Has anyone managed to make contact with Babyyoda88 on []?

• Heart

miaaaa

Hi ladieeees, I was miamae on here (had my little Arnie 5 weeks ago) but the 2year old decided to throw my phone out of our moving car and I forgot my password etc so have had to make a new account, what a bloody couple of weeks :cautious: Hope everyone is ok! I've tried to catch up. Things have been harrrrdddd and I never realised 3 would be so tough, I feel like I don't have enough hours in the day to give everyone attention. My 7 year old has a tummy bug at the moment, baby has his brother's cough and my partners best friend took his own life on Saturday eve so I'm trying to emotionally support him while take care of two poorly babes while living off of basically no sleep as babe has colic and it's bloody tough.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

a.pain

VIP Member
Well this is strictly not new baby related, but yesterday I felt for the first time that I had crushed my 3 year olds spirit. Broken her heart. She had made me a card at nursery with flowers sellotaped to it, which naturally died the next day. I kept it on display in the kitchen for several weeks before deciding it had completed its time and putting it in the bin. 3 year old came home from nursery and went to put something in the bin and saw it. She looked at me with utter disappointment. ‘Why is this card in the bin mummy? Who put my card in the bin?’ I lied obviously and proclaimed it was an accident and I was so happy to see it again because I thought it was lost. She made me put it on the fridge where clearly it will remain forever more slowly decomposing. At least the baby hasn’t been emotionally scarred by my actions. Yet.

• Haha
  • Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
@I’mThankyou_ yes she has a dummy which is a NUK one too the same teat as the bottles. She’s really good with the dummy so I know she can do it, it’s like she just doesn’t want all the food they are expecting her to eat?

@Dipdab I’m doing fine recovery wise, just a little bit of backache! My ankles are still massive too but I don’t think the hot weather is helping with that.

—————————————————————

Today Baby R’s oxygen was turned off for most of the day and she self ventilated on air, and we also managed our first FULL bottle feed (at 6am and then she couldn’t be arsed for the rest of the day 🥲)

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
God I didn't know having a baby would be so hard. I love him so much but he's just fucking relentless and I'm sick of people saying to enjoy the baby phase while it lasts, it's impossible to enjoy when you are completely sleep deprived and barely able to function. We maybe get an hour a day now where we can put him down and that isn't consecutive. I want to fucking lamp everyone who tells me it'll get better. If anything it's worse because he has more energy, weighs more and has better lungs now so the constant walking around juggling all day is just getting harder. We literally can't get a thing done, the house is falling to ruin, we are unbelievably skint and physical and mental health is just getting shot to shit. We don't have anyone to ask for help and I know people say stuff like the house doesn't matter, but it does. You can't just ignore everything and focus 100% on baby, shit needs doing.

I'm so overwhelmed and at breaking point but that means nowt because I can't exactly drop it all and piss off to live as a mountain goat in Nepal. Daily life with OH has always been tough because of his physical issues and I have alot of struggles with my MH, but it's just unbearable now because he is so exhausted all the time, he gets angry so fast and I feel like I have to take Tommy all the time, but I can't and I have things I need to do and I feel like he gets mad at me for it. I know in reality he doesn't and it's just the situation he's mad at, but it's so hard. I feel like I'm on constant eggshells trying to help him suffer as little as possible, but it's just making me suffer more, there's no solution.

I just don't know what to do anymore. We are so lucky OH has been able to use shared parental leave so isn't back until September but if Tommy doesn't improve by then I don't know how we'll cope, genuinely. He has a really physical job and won't be able to stay up at nights with me so I'll be doing it all alone for the majority of the week on basically no sleep or any breaks. I'm going to lose my fucking mind, I already am and that's with him here 24/7. Our bills every month are obscene and we are nearly completely dependant on my WFH wage at the moment and there's been slim to no work/I haven't been able to manage when there is and the debt is getting so scary. All our dreams for our own home and a simple life with Tommy just seem impossible. Everytime something improves, 3 things get worse.

I've got ongoing heart problems since the preeclampsia now that's being investigated and I'm just awful with health stuff, just as I thought I was finally done with it something else crops up so that in the background is terrifying me and I just don't know what to do, I feel like I'm being suffocated by everything.

Sorry for the massive rant, I'm just feeling so sorry for myself. Never did I think how much simple things like a shower, being able to grab some food or even a fucking wee, meant so much. It's just all torture and I feel so sad that I'm not enjoying such a special time in his life. I didn't think it would be like this :(

• Heart