Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Misssj80

VIP Member
I really loved this show for the first 2 seasons, I have continued to watch but it annoys me quite a lot now and I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much. Have watched the first 2 episodes of season 5.

Reactions: 5

MrFMercury

Chatty Member
I really love it but got through the first 2 seasons too quickly. Feel like I’ve been waiting forever for the next one.

It Feels a bit more like main characters could die or move away etc more than a lot of shows if that makes any sense?

Reactions: 4

Lord Voldemort

Aw I have reached the end of New Amsterdam :(
Really enjoyed the final episode, and the series as a whole. I have such a soft spot for Iggy 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4

malolo

VIP Member
Anyone watching this on Amazon Prime? Ive just finished season 1 and I quite like it. I get a 'House' feel from the main charecter. All the other charecters seem quite likeable too which I find rare in shows now.
I've watched both seasons. I like the fact it doesn't feel quite as 'glossy' as other medical shows, I don't know if that makes sense but hopefully you get what I mean.

Reactions: 3

RosePetals

Chatty Member
I find his flat really weird, I understand New York is expensive but should he really be living in such a cramped apartment with his daughter sharing his room? Hard to imagine he can't afford something even a bit bigger. And did he ever clean up that blood stain

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Wednesday 3rd August on Sky Witness is the start date for season 4 in the UK according to a New Amsterdam trailer I spotted on Sky Q.

dee_mc

VIP Member
I find his flat really weird, I understand New York is expensive but should he really be living in such a cramped apartment with his daughter sharing his room? Hard to imagine he can't afford something even a bit bigger. And did he ever clean up that blood stain
A lot of them live in extremely open-plan places.
Same in a lot of these shows actually - in Greys Anatomy, Carev was living in a fecking hovel of a bedsit/loft thing when he was head of department 🤣 and Jo even went on to share the space with another doctor 😬
These are relatively high earners!
In NA I think Iggy's house and Bloom's spacious apartment are more realistic (although I think we're supposed to think she can only afford it as she has family money)

puzzlehead

Just found this thread and so glad as no-one I know IRL watches New Amsterdam.

Has anyone started watching Season 5? I’ve just caught up with the 1st 2 episodes on Sky Witness
Does Max always have to have a love interest. He’s already making googly eyes at Dr Wilder 🙄

StephenTJackson

VIP Member

Has anyone started watching Season 5? I’ve just caught up with the 1st 2 episodes on Sky Witness
Does Max always have to have a love interest. He’s already making googly eyes at Dr Wilder 🙄
I'm really struggling to get through Season 4 at the moment. But a bit of a block with watching it. Like it's just annoying me rather than me enjoying it

Reactions: 2

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
If you like Iggy, may I suggest the movie 'Tucker and Dale vs Evil'

It's very funny and the actor who plays Iggy stars in it

Pinkii

VIP Member
I have 3 eps of season 2 left! I really hope we don't have to wait long for S3!

I feel like the main charecters are pretty safe but I could be wrong 🙈
i really hope they don’t go down the greys anatomy route and kill off main characters for shock value. I like getting attached to my fav characters 😆

the first season finale i was sure they had done that and killed one of my favs

VIP Member
Watched the entire season a few months ago, brilliant show, watched it on NowTV.

Might even watch it again.

VIP Member
Finally watching Series 3 series finale, episode where Helen (Freema) is in "London".

Talk about half arsed exterior lot shots of American streets dressed to be British, but still American buildings, street signs, cars driving on the wrong side etc.

Wouldve been better to not do external shots.
I've noticed a number of errors with the London scenes, one of which was the London Taxi's, some of which
are the old fashioned "Dalek" Taxi's and in one case a white plate on the FRONT of the Taxi.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Wow you've really raced through s 4!
Some things I took away: I felt like they made Iggy really unlikeable this season?. I found episode one oddly sexual (not that being sexual is odd!) But it felt such a departure from the norm, new writer poss?. Yes the last episode left so many unanswered questions !! I thought she had decided to stay in London...don't get me started on their portrayal of English people, soo many stereotypes😂

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member

I'm current with season 5. It's much better than s. 4 so hang in there peeps !

100% agree with your spoiler comment.

VIP Member
Max's character is awful. I'm surprised they're making season 5 but not surprised it'll be the last!
I had no idea S5 was the last season, probably just as well since the show is based on a book
and it's been milked to buggery.