Networking / careers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys,

sounds weird asking this as tattle is mainly a gossip forum!

Anyway, have any of you got your dream job because of networking, like emailing/ messaging people on LinkedIn. I am asking this because it seems like sometimes in order to get to where you want to be, you need to know the right person (of course skill sets are important too)

Would love to hear from you guys about your unique ways of getting your dream job

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hey guys,

sounds weird asking this as tattle as this is mainly a gossip forum!

Anyway, have any of you got your dream job because of networking, like emailing/ messaging people on LinkedIn. I am asking this because it seems like sometimes in order to get to where you want to be, you need to know the right person (of course skill sets are important too)

Would love to hear from you guys about your unique ways of getting your dream job

Yes I would definitely spend time on LinkedIn researching places you'd like to work for and applying through their HR personnel which you can find on LinkedIn. Of course in the bigger picture you can't change your CV to what you'd want i.e. add more experience or qualifications etc but I really think that sometimes your CV needs to land at the right desk at the right time.

Yes I would definitely spend time on LinkedIn researching places you'd like to work for and applying through their HR personnel which you can find on LinkedIn. Of course in the bigger picture you can't change your CV to what you'd want i.e. add more experience or qualifications etc but I really think that sometimes your CV needs to land at the right desk at the right time.
I got my job through LinkedIn lol and I really believe that LinkedIn is helpful for job search. It's what you make out of it.. search companies you'd like to work for, then add people who work there, maybe look up their HR team, connect with them and try send them your CV and have a chat if they are recruiting. It's important to try to grab their attention because you would probably get lost in the hundreds of applicants for each post when normally applying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Speaking as an HR professional... please don’t message us about a job you’ve seen advertised when there is a clear application process outlined 🙈 We aren’t decision makers in the hiring process, it doesn’t matter how much you market yourself to me!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is this forum about networking marketing? Or a different type of Marketing😊😊

I was approached by a recruiter last year on LinkedIn... she then put me forward for a job I never would of had the guts to apply for myself. I've now been there since January and the best decision I ever made.
I am still regularly email about jobs on LinkedIn but I also have found it great for networking and out of office progression in my industry

Reactions: 2