Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cee-bee

VIP Member
That video was just a hideous display of narcissism. It really was. It’s not the big statement she thinks it is. Good lord. Did she ask permission to film those people she’s just broadcast on insta? How does walking around in underwear with wings (in London..? Like, what was the actual point of that behind getting as much attention as possible?) counteract any sort of statement or message conveyed by Victoria’s Secret?

she’s dressing just like those models and what’s the point exactly? To show that it’s ok to be slightly bigger than them..?

begger, cleverer people than her have discussed the nuance of how harmful Victoria’s Secret is to women. How it is a brand run by men, exploiting women, sexualising young woman, profiting off young women.. running sweatshops.. lacking in diversity and promoting a narrow view of beauty behind just size and body shape… how it encourages the sexualisation of women and their bodies… how it wholly caters to the male gaze and experience… none of that is touched upon in this video. It’s just nelly buying into the awful branding of VS and insisting she’s just as attractive. Hello? The point is that being attractive to men shouldn’t be our motive. Yet here nelly is, making that the point of the video and pretending it’s progressive somehow.

I don’t know what’s worse… jumping on the Victoria secret bandwagon (literally everyone talks about it now. There’s been a pop song criticising Victoria’s Secret. And rightly so. Once again Nelly is acting like this is her idea).

…or the fact B has booked a cabin for her birthday and she’s spent that time editing this video. I mean… it really could’ve waited till after the weekend couldn’t it? More content nobody wanted or needed.

there’s probably a good reason Nellys therapy isn’t working for her… and it’s because therapy only works for people willing to be honest. Narcissist aren’t capable of that level of introspection and honesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

cee-bee

VIP Member
So… Nelly and B aren’t getting married … so she throws herself a party that is basically a mini wedding. She even acknowledges that herself. She’s wearing the white heart glasses tons of people wear on their wedding/hen. She’s got a white dress. She’s got wedding style stationary and place settings, and has hired a photographer to take wedding style photos?!

I can’t be the only person to find that all very bizarre? If she wants to get married - to the extent she does a pretend wedding for her 30th…

why not just get married?!?!

Reactions: 24
Finally unfollowed lol... absolutely boiling, trying to settle the baby and deal with the constant deluge of sweat covering me when I just move and she's lying on the floor like a fucking imbecile... having a floor day. You are 30 years old you daft cunt grow up.....time for wine 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Imagine making a whole insta story ordeal about shaving your legs, all to sell a razor while forgetting to mention you plugged an at home laser hair removal machine that cost £300 for about a year for money, by telling her followers they would NeVeR SHAve AgAin . This woman is such a charlatan I can’t

• Haha
  • Wow

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
Well, she just randomly popped up on my tik tik and admitted they have separate rooms, as everyone here guessed although apparently they do generally sleep in the same bed but there an option to sleep separately if one of them wants, but they have their own stuff in their own rooms, they also do entirely separate washing, she won’t do his and he won’t do hers……she also said they basically have no similar interests, friends or hobbies, all totally separate and they also share their locations with each other…….they just sound to me like the strangest couple!

• Wow
  • Haha
Is she saying she's "scared of summer" because she means she's scared of wearing skimpier clothes and showing more skin in the warmer months? Because this is the same woman that strips virtually naked in a field/carpark/beach wherever to do "creative" shoots to post to the gram for thousands of people to see. Soz just don't buy it. Most women have slight hang ups about their body in summer but we put on a vest and shorts and just crack on. Ffs why is everything a "thing" and content. Just get on with it.

How long is she going to drag out the anticipation of showing us photos from her “birthday party”. I for one am on tenterhooks waiting, in fact I barely slept a wink because she hadn’t updated us when she said she would. I honestly couldn’t have foreseen that she would roll the update over to the next day, and then further delay it until “later” to build suspense.
I hope you all realise that this is going to probably be the most 🌶 sPiCY 🌶 ✨ CuTeST ✨ 🎂 pARtY 🎂 ever. In fact, these probably will be the best photos she has ever taken.
Hold on to your hats ladies and gentlemen, this one is going to get wild.

also, new thread title suggestion:
Nelly London: the most boring person to have ever existed, please buy through my discount codes, it’s all been gifted.

• Haha

ghostriderhere

VIP Member
I don’t agree with her post at all. Who is she to say men would be like that if they had periods?! It’s a complete waste of effort because (and this may or may not be shocking) but men don’t menstruate!! So what is the actual point of the post? Just to slag them off?? If anyone actually gets it please fill me in

cee-bee

VIP Member
The whole point of those Disney movies was that it was the characters personality and attributes that made them special? Not how they looked.

cinderella was kind and patient even when facing hardship and unfairness. That was the point of the movie. Not to set Cinderella as an aspiration to look like.

belle was clever and curious and loved to read. She was patient and principled and that’s what propelled her story forward - the fact she was different but stayed true to herself and stood her ground. Not her waist size.

Jasmine was headstrong, sure of herself and knew what she wanted. That was the point of the movie. She wanted to carve out her own life outside the rigid norms chosen for her. Again, not her waist size.

for anyone watching thise movies and thinking “gee, this cartoon character with exaggerated features sure is what I want to aspire to look like” well, they’ve missed the point entirely.

another stupid point from nelly that she has supposedly wasted hours of her time in making.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

cee-bee

VIP Member
Disclaimer: sorry if this is too long, but I think it’s interesting to discuss some of the content/ideas Nelly puts out and if you aren’t interested in that then please scroll past.

She had some good points once upon a time but now… she’s just scrapping the barrel, picking low hanging fruit and getting it so wrong.

there are a lot of criticisms that can be fairly aimed at those Disney movies… Nelly has put little or no thought into her criticisms. Just used it as an excuse to wear underwear. And probably copied this reel off someone else.

as a child was she really looking at those movies and observing how slim the cartoon characters were? Isn’t that indicative of her mindset as a child? The type of conversations happening around her?

I loved these movies growing up and I don’t think I ever compared myself physically to any of them. It’s sad that nelly, apparently as a kid, was so hyper aware of appearances that it’s seemingly overrided other positive messages being relayed that have stood the test of time.

the whole bleeding point of Beauty and the Beast was that appearances are shallow and don’t matter. While Belle is called beautiful in the movie by the villagers and Gaston, ultimately it doesn’t serve her - they still find her weird and Gaston still only sees her as a trophy wife.

Jasmine’s attributes are that she’s headstrong and principled. Cinderella is depicted as being good natured and kind despite basically being the victim of abuse. They are depicted as attractive and beautiful but it’s not the essence of their characters. They aren’t repeatedly held up by other characters as being beautiful. The messaging in the movies isn’t that we should aspire to look like these characters but that we should embody their attributes; little girls should stick up for themselves like jasmine. They should be kind and cultivate friendships like Cinderella. How can’t she grasp this?

she has put in the description that she knows they are cartoons but they are so unrealistic they are “virtually aliens”. And she saw them as the “most beautiful women on the planet” and wanted to dress up like them. As a kid I wanted to dress up in fairy wings but that didn’t mean I aspired to grow a set. As a kid I dressed up as animals, that didn’t mean I wanted to start growing tails and whiskers. They are cartoons, not women. And certainly not the “most beautiful women on the planet”.

she ends off by saying “less alien people please, more humans”. These movies are escapism. They are cartoons designed to be engaging for children. To have unrealistic colours and scenarios. There’s a talking clock in one movie for god sake. Should we strike this out lest children start becoming upset clocks can’t talk? They aren’t about realistic representation. They are about fun, engaging and fantastical storytelling aimed at children. What on earth is she on about. She’s making a moot point because Disney/Pixar has started to diversify body types in movies anyway.

the sad thing is, there is *plenty* of criticisms of female representation in Disney movies that she could make - Lily James admitted she was on a liquid diet to play Cinderella in 2016.

and why oh why does she need to be in lacey, sexualised underwear to make these comparisons? Why does she always need to be in underwear to make her points? I just can’t with Nelly. Even people in the comments are pointing out how dumb this whole reel is. I can’t believe she spent 19 hours of her life on this tripe.

• Heart

cee-bee

VIP Member
This is just weird :/ especially at their age! I would be devastated if my partner didn’t want to sleep in the same bed/room as me! He feels the same, he would hate it! What’s the point if you aren’t even sleeping in the same bed! :/ there would have to be a really good reason for me to agree to that, like something that was genuinely affecting both our sleep or something and we both agreed it was better to sleep separately, beyond that I don’t know why you would be in a relationship, live together and sleep separately:/
I think so too. I love sleeping next to my fiancée. It isn’t just about sex - it’s pretty intimate, sleeping beside someone.

nelly’s reasoning is that she kicks B out when she has a sore tummy or feels unwell… which is like, 90% of the time. The fact he has his own room suggests it’s more often than not that they sleep separately.

they don’t look like a couple in love and deeply attracted to each other. He looks like a friend who has moved in to take care of her.

she’s posted before about struggles with intimacy and blames it on her ED and body issues. But this is the same girl who posts pics of herself in the nude and calls her body a work of art. The same girl who can parade the streets of London in a garter belt. But she’s too self conscious to be naked to have sex with her partner? Nope Nelly, you’re not attracted to him anymore. Face up to it and be honest.

cee-bee

VIP Member
So let me get this straight… she went to her fav hiking spot on a midday afternoon to film herself talking about a Dove project for 20 seconds…

And she thinks this is what productivity looks like..?

Fuck me her mind would explode if she saw what a regular Tuesday looked like for me.

and she doesn’t give out annual leave to herself easily? No shit, because she doesn’t need annual leave. Her job consists of taking a few pictures of herself in a House of CBB dress then calling it a day. Or taking some mopey selfies calling herself a slug. I wouldn’t need annual leave if that was my job either.
---

cee-bee

VIP Member
if Nelly’s captions were truthful:

IMG_8949.jpeg

“So laying in bed last night on my own, because B has a separate bedroom, I was scrolling through social media for ideas to steal. I’d been doing this for hours when I finally found a concept I liked with balloons, and fell asleep after hours of scrolling. I came home from the only activity that I leave the house for, the gym, to this sight….”

IMG_8950.jpeg

“50 helium balloons that I’ve convinced myself makes me the quirkiest person alive. I thought it was SUCH a good idea that I haven’t bothered to save the original creator to give credit to later, obviously”

IMG_8952.jpeg

“I’m so disconnected with myself and my emotions, so utterly lacking in purpose and motivation, so totally narcissistic and self centred, that ordering pointless crap online and the prospect of taking selfies is the main source of joy in my life”

IMG_8953.jpeg

“despite having enough self awareness to realise I am a deeply troubled person, and despite knowing I have never tried to self reflect or do the emotional work required to establish the root cause of my problems, instead focusing on short term or manufactured problems, I am still somehow dismayed that my self-sabotaging and avoidance tactics have not rendered results that leave me feeling satisfied or content. I’ve decided that the best course of action is to do the exact same thing tomorrow and hope (in vain) that I’ll get different results 🎈🌈

• Haha
  • Heart
Give it two weeks though and she'll be back to squishing them into too small polyester lacy scratchy underwear and jumping around though lol

Reactions: 19

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
As soon as she posted she was planning a date night I knew it would be snacks at home. Snacks and a blow up bet is a shit date I'm sorry

Reactions: 18