Need some advice on small open plan kitchen/living area!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok guys, so looks like we’re moving the house. I’m already overwhelmed and anxious about all the things that’s need to be done, sorting all the stuff… you know .
Anyways so the new place have a open plan kitchen/living room area which I never had before and I’m a bit confused now how to style it and make it work.
So the most obvious thing would be 2 sofas ( or one bigger like half corner sofa ??) and coffee table in the middle and then Tv stand in the corner, floor lamp but when I saw it first I thought “ great, I can also fit a small dining table in there” which I always wanted but never had a space. But now when I look at it again I can’t see where I would put it without being too crammed. And I hate crammed spaces with things everywhere, I like minimalist style.

I’ll attach pictures so give me your best ideas.
---

EB7DF9F4-A5FD-4F29-84A5-684CAF8C6432.jpeg

Attachments

I would personally put a smaller / narrow dining room table up against the end of the kitchen there. Then have an L shaped sofa on the same wall with the L facing the kitchen side, with the TV on the opposite wall! A couple of my friends have practically the same layout and it works nicely.

I would follow @bluefoos excellent advice and visually separate the two areas with a low sideboard or similar. An ikea kallax 2x4 on its side (or 2x2 if its narrow) for example works nicely, is cheap, will give you storage space and a place to put a lamp, some pictureframes and plants. You won't block out any light either.