Need a new bed frame...

What kind of bed frame causes the least amount of noise?

• Divan?

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Metal slatted frame?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wooden slatted frame?

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other material but with slats?

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
... and I would absolutely love one that doesn't sound like I'm sharing a bed with Tom and Jerry!

I need a new bed frame (mattress is only a couple of years old) as the frame I currently have is squeaking like you wouldn't believe. Bi-daily tightening of the screws isn't helping either, and it's squeaking even when I've not had company! I have to admit defeat.

Can anyone recommend, is a divan bed frame any good for a woman who's not a size eight and who does on occasion have activity time! 🤦🏽‍♀️

Or should I be looking for a "reinforced" metal (or other) frame?

Any advice is kindly appreciated.

Don't get a cheap divan. They can be noisy. More expensive (and therefore more solid) don't make any noise.

Reactions: 1
I’ve had my divan base for 7/8 years and it makes no noises at all even during “activities”. I’m also most definitely NOT a size 8 😄 every metal bed frame I’ve had starts making noises after a while 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Thanks all! I'm thinking a more expensive divan may be the way to go - will have to look into it properly. I'm just so fed up of hearing it squeak every time I move 😒 good to get some feedback though - appreciate you all taking the time.