My Mum Your Dad - ITV1

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else going to be watching this? It starts on the 11th September at 9pm. They kept saying about it being a middle aged Love Island for normal people but from what they've released so far it seems nothing like it:LOL:

It's in a Sussex mansion and apparently their kids will be watching from an out-house without the parents knowing, and the kids get to choose when the parents leave. There's also no prize money or anything at the end

Reactions: 5
I might give it a go but I'm not sure how long I can put up with Davina macoll for 🤪

Reactions: 3
They’ve picked very attractive mums and dads. Like all these manufacturered dating shows. Early days but very inauthentic. Maybe I’m just too old for it all 😂

Reactions: 7
I think I'm going to give up after this episode. Again normal people aren't picked just those who look a certain way. I wouldn't be surprised if they've all been picked up via Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg watched first episode and Roger’s story 😩😩😩😩😩 and Jessica what a beautiful woman, I bet she’s just like her Mum. Thank god there is a thread, hi everyone!

Reactions: 4
Man, the poor bloke, and seeing the promo for tomorrow, his daughter is just so thoughtful worried about him

Reactions: 1
I think I'm going to give up after this episode. Again normal people aren't picked just those who look a certain way. I wouldn't be surprised if they've all been picked up via Instagram.
My thoughts too - I watched the first part up to the adverts and switched over. I was hoping for at least a couple of "normal looking people". Perhaps they need to look at I Kissed A Guy on BBC3 where they definitely had men of all shapes, sizes and looks!

Reactions: 1
i love roger and caroline!!! caroline the scott is this spit of my mum with the scottish acsent as well !!!

Reactions: 4
I've nearly finished Ep1 but I am seriously bored already. I love 80s music but the jukebox soundtrack is deeply irritating.
---
Omg watched first episode and Roger’s story 😩😩😩😩😩 and Jessica what a beautiful woman, I bet she’s just like her Mum. Thank god there is a thread, hi everyone!
That was really sad 😔

Last edited:
Rodger 😭😭😭 I feel guilty but wish my dad had been like this when my mum died. I possibly would cope better. I’m liking the concept

Okay, so I couldn't get through the first ep. For me it was ruined by the "off spring". I think they have too much of a presence. I actually find the older lot more interesting, but as soon as something happens they pan to the younger lot on the couch, and it just ruins it for me. I think ITV did this because, they think a show with middle age people finding love can't work without injecting youth in there.

Reactions: 6
Definitely ruined with the offspring element, the women all appear to be older versions of their daughters, since when did so many 50 something women have waist length hair?

I do like Roger, but a year after the love of your life dies really is to soon to be looking for love on TV, by all means have a couple of drinks in your local, plus he’s a postie, that’s not going to pay the bill for all the Botox these women are using!

Reactions: 15
Definitely ruined with the offspring element, the women all appear to be older versions of their daughters, since when did so many 50 something women have waist length hair?

I do like Roger, but a year after the love of your life dies really is to soon to be looking for love on TV, by all means have a couple of drinks in your local, plus he’s a postie, that’s not going to pay the bill for all the Botox these women are using!
I agree that it seems far too soon for Rodger on tv. I questioned why the daughter would be ok with that situation but then I thought I imagine because there’s some control and ‘safe space’ it might have been seen as easier. He just looks lost unless he’s joking with ‘the lads’.

The offspring thing I’m in two minds about. Your kids don’t often know you like you know them. Especially when it comes to intimacy and relationships needs. However, I do think they have their parents best interests at heart and want to kindly help them explore potential matches. Early days to see which way that will go.

I see no issue with the long hair. Lots more women over the age of 40 are keeping longer hair now. I do however get that most aren’t wearing what they are. That feels a little love island esk

Reactions: 2
Just watched the first 2 episodes and I really enjoyed them. Intrigued to see more and how relationships work out.