My fitness pal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on day 2 of using MFP. Evenings are bloody boring without crisps. Least the dog is happy because I keep taking it out for a walk to earn enough extra calories for a cuppa! I’m rubbish with my water intake though.

How often are you weighing in? I was going to do it every Saturday morning but a friend is weighing herself 3 x a week.
Whenever i did it I weighed myself every morning before I got in the shower. That might sound over-the-top to some but it kept me focused.

Reactions: 1
Sack off MFP and use Nutracheck.
It’s a million times easier and much more British Product oriented.

Hey it's really dangerous if you go by the calories they give you ! I'm like .3 an inch off 6 foot and it told me 1200 calories!!!!! I should be eating 2000 at least ! It's so bad lol.

But apps like this even with correct calories can become obsessive. Can you get a diary and write them down instead ? If not do it just make sure to eat enough !
I’m 6foot and on 1650/day 🤷‍♀️ Although that’s worked out by a PT not MFP. no idea how my partner came to that number but I just listen to him 😂

Be careful with MFP as I’m sure it tells people to eat 1200 calories regardless of weight or height.
Yes it does! I’m about 3.5 stone overweight for my height but my daughter is the same height as me and 7 stone but when I got her to test it, it gave her 1200 calories as well.

Yes it does! I’m about 3.5 stone overweight for my height but my daughter is the same height as me and 7 stone but when I got her to test it, it gave her 1200 calories as well.
The only way I can get it to give me 1200 cals is to say I want to lose 1kg a week! What happens if you select .2 or .5kg week weight loss?

The only way I can get it to give me 1200 cals is to say I want to lose 1kg a week! What happens if you select .2 or .5kg week weight loss?
That must be why then as I did select 1 or 2 lbs a week as that's what is recommended by health professionals and I know anything above that is unachievable for me apart from in the first week where you tend to lose a lot.

That must be why then as I did select 1 or 2 lbs a week as that's what is recommended by health professionals and I know anything above that is unachievable for me apart from in the first week where you tend to lose a lot.
All I know is I followed it religiously and it really works. I lost 13kg in five months and honestly it wasn’t that hard. Just a little bit annoying weighing food etc at first, but if you’re serious about it then it is totally worth it. And best of all costs you nothing.

All I know is I followed it religiously and it really works. I lost 13kg in five months and honestly it wasn’t that hard. Just a little bit annoying weighing food etc at first, but if you’re serious about it then it is totally worth it. And best of all costs you nothing.
Well done on your weight loss. I lost that amount in my 30’s but unfortunately it gets a lot harder as you age but I’m trying.