Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I also do have an autistic son, he loved horse riding at one point. I do feel horse riding is a very good activity/club for less social/shy children.

XxeimaxX

Bribe them,
One tap one tootsie roll.
?
You do what you gotta do. Carrot and stick method, oh or just threaten them with sticks... or carrots.
DANCE KIDS...DANCE ?

Joke! My only advice, start small, play dates with friends, get them involved in classes with some of their friends already in the classes or joining at the same time, the fear of starting something new can be overwhelming.
Ask can they go and watch before taking part, 4 is young, did she do groups as a baby and toddler?
It can be hard but give it time,
is your eldest involved in school activities or after school activities?
Maybe try taking them to soft play/trampoline park (age appropriate) and chuck them into more things that are out of their comfort zone.
This time 6/12 months they could actually want to take part but also.
Would you consider getting them involved in a different kind of activity? Like music or rainbows or brownies.
Something less full on and active.
My advice would be, stick them in front of the tv and head out dancing on the weekend in their honour ? JOKE!!!!
Haha this is just soo funny.

We have always since them being babies have taken them to playgym, trampolene parks parks, egg u name it we have probably done it. My eldest likes after school activities example she requested to start basketball out of school with school so this coming Monday she starts, she also did dogeball last term but anything like dancing or karate or anything we suggest is a NO I DONT WANT TO followed by an excuse so I dunno. Lime people have suggested as long as they are happy I don't force them I just found it unusually strange

XxeimaxX

Are you in the actual class watching? Our children's club stopped allowing parents to watch and we found a massive difference when it came to joining in etc.
Well I'm glad I stayed for the dance class on Monday because they practically chucked her out after 18 mins so God knows what they would have done if I wasn't there. I'm just going to leave it for now but thanks for the advice, I suppose I just feel a little embarrassed when we do try with them ?

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
I started going to dance classes when I was 2 and I absolutely loved it, however my mum tried the same with my baby sister and she froze. Actually flat out froze to the spot. Is there any sort of taster sessions where they do a little bit of everything? Or maybe even a music lesson - that can do massive amounts for confidence too.

XxeimaxX

Controversial reply....no hate or judgment intended.
Just because you want them to do it doesn’t mean they want to do it ?
So she’s choosing activities she enjoys and getting involved in what she wants to?
I like this girl ?
I hope your youngest does the same and marches to the beat of her own drum.. or becomes a drumming karate kid ??‍♀
4 is very young to attend a class like that alone without a parent or friend, give her time.
No hate what so ever lol it was actually my 4 year old that dances all the time at home literally all the time, n I saw something init, it wasnt just yr normal 4 year old jumping up and down to a beat but there was a rythem there when she moved so we asked her and she said yes, she was extremely excited but then bang we went and nothing lol. That's why I was confused because it's actually something she wanted to do.