Murder Is Easy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anybody watch this pile of :poop::poop: ? (BBC1 last night and tonight) The writer did the usual thing of wokeifying an Agatha Christie book by playing up how racist and sexist we were in the past but the actors had decided to play it like one of those old Fifties British films - all posh voices and stiff upper lips. It was like an am-dram version of Midsummer Murders. But the scenery's nice! 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It was absolutely awful. And very obvious someone had messed with the story to satisfy a diversity quota or summat.

Reactions: 5
It was sooo bad, why did it look so cheap! Shame because the main actor has been really brilliant in other things I’ve seen him in

Reactions: 7
I didn't really get it, I don't get the main characters back story at all, whats with the flash backs of him running through the woods with that wooden spear thing?
I know everything has to be about inclusion now but it's like they have shoe horned a black cast in to an Agatha Christie novel for the sake of it none of it fits with the era

I didn't really get it, I don't get the main characters back story at all, whats with the flash backs of him running through the woods with that wooden spear thing?
I know everything has to be about inclusion now but it's like they have shoe horned a black cast in to an Agatha Christie novel for the sake of it none of it fits with the era
Exactly this. I don't mind black characters in period dramas if the context suits (e.g. in the 1960s there were many Caribbean nurses who came to work in the NHS so it would make sense to include them in a period hospital drama). But in this instance it felt like they reworked the story to make it 'diversity' and it felt forced.

Bloody useless. Regardless of any changes made to the story, the script was dreadful and I’ve never seen such talented actors act so badly.

What was the acting of the culprit all about, what the hell was that performance?!!

It looked nice though.

I don’t think there’s been a decent BBC Christie adaptation since ‘And then there were none’ but this has been the worst!

Reactions: 6
Really dire, terrible acting, script, Agatha would be spinning in her grave. I don't know why they bother even giving a nod to Agatha Christie. Travesty.

Reactions: 7
I didn't think it was that bad tbh. A bit more loyal to the book than the Marple version itv did. And better than the recent BBC Christie adaptions.

Agree that and then there were none is probably the best, closely followed by witness for the prosecution

Reactions: 2
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy it - the whole production felt so flat!

David Jonsson and Morfydd Clark are usually brilliant to watch, but it just felt so hollow. There was no depth to any of the characters, and even the village felt empty.

Reactions: 3
And Then There Were None (2015) was good for several reasons. It had a great cast - Charles Dance, Sam Neill, Aidan Turner, Miranda Richardson. Most importantly, it was before writers doing the adaptions of classic novels tried to put a 'woke' slant on everything. There were a few tweaks as to how the actual murders happened but it was basically a simple plot - a bunch of strangers, stranded on an island, being taken out one at a time. There were several twists and we didn't have Poirot or Marple hanging around, being cleverer than everybody else!

Last edited:
I did sit through the second episode but it just wasn't good its a shame because it could have been great won't bother watching anymore they make in the future
Did anybody watch the murder mystery that was on I think channel 5 can't remember what it was called where they had invertations to an island and the murders started I really enjoyed it worth a watch anyway

Slightly derailing but does anyone have any recs for some good (more genteel) murder mysteries? I’ve watched all the marples/poirots, Agatha raisin, rosemary and thyme. In laws are over and they are making me watch midsummer murders reruns. SOS

Reactions: 4
Slightly derailing but does anyone have any recs for some good (more genteel) murder mysteries? I’ve watched all the marples/poirots, Agatha raisin, rosemary and thyme. In laws are over and they are making me watch midsummer murders reruns. SOS
Bergerac
Hetty Wainthrop Investigates

Reactions: 5
Harry Wild Investigates
Brokenwood Mysteries

Finished abc murders. It was overlong but watchable. Not a good adaption though

Pale horse was bloody awful

Going to rewatch and then there were none and witness for prosecution as those are the best of the modern ones

Shakespeare and hathaway

Miss Scarlet and the Duke

I love that!! It's very similar vibe to Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries which is brilliant.

Murdoch Mysteries is also very gentle and watchable.

I found this thread because I have recorded Murder Is Easy but going by the comments, I don't think I'll bother.

I love that!! It's very similar vibe to Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries which is brilliant.

Murdoch Mysteries is also very gentle and watchable.

I found this thread because I have recorded Murder Is Easy but going by the comments, I don't think I'll bother.
I didn't hate it but admittedly I seem to be in the minority haha

4th series of miss scarlett and the Duke is due this month I think

I didn't hate it but admittedly I seem to be in the minority haha

4th series of miss scarlett and the Duke is due this month I think
That's excellent news.

Another one I absolutely love (though not exactly gentle) is Vienna Blood.

Reactions: 1