Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone read the one recently where the posters husband wanted to try out single life and because she ‘loved him so much’ she agreed to a “trial separation” and was gonna go away for 3 weeks with their kids so he could be single in their marital home. 🤯

Unfortunately that was pulled too. There’s some corkers recently.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
OFFS just started reading a brilliant thread about a vegan pissed off with neighbour's meaty bbq and smoke 'n all, and it's been bloody pulled!
I read the first and last (at the time) page and someone said along the lines “but how can OP inform everyone she’s vegan if she’s going around reeking of Eau de Sausage?” 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 9
I must have been very invested in a recent thread about a 30 year old woman who had never been kissed. She was given lots of dating advice. It must have been on my mind because that night I dreamed I was on a date with Kenneth Branagh! In the dream I was careful not to let him know I hadn't actually seen Belfast. When I woke up I kept telling my husband what a lovely man Kenneth Branagh was!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 10
I've tried to join Mumsnet a few times but keep getting banned as a perviously banned poster, this happened the first time after about 30 minutes when I hadn't ever posted a word on the site. I've given up now as its full of lunatics anyway.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I've tried to join Mumsnet a few times but keep getting banned as a perviously banned poster, this happened the first time after about 30 minutes when I hadn't ever posted a word on the site. I've given up now as its full of lunatics anyway.
This has happened to me to. The first time I was banned from there it was for telling a woman in the relationships forum that she was a terrible mother for prioritising her partner over her kids. The partner wasn’t the kids Dad and was mistreating her son whilst being highly inappropriate with her teenage daughter. After about ten pages of posters treating her with kid gloves with the occasional ‘LTB’ thrown in for good measure I lost it and let rip, but I don’t regret it one bit. I’m sure I only said what the rest of them were thinking anyway. For a supposedly feminist website so many of them seem to be unable to live without a partner even if it means prioritising the man over their kids, and it never ceases to amaze me at how many similar threads pop up time and time again.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Marvellous thread in AIBU called something like "is this vulgar" about a traveller family bleeping over the regs in the graveyard. Worth a look before it gets pulled, as it will.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Marvellous thread in AIBU called something like "is this vulgar" about a traveller family bleeping over the regs in the graveyard. Worth a look before it gets pulled, as it will.
Hahahaha this is local to me, our local Facebook pages and newspaper have been wall to wall coverage. Especially when it turned out he’s been done for defrauding elderly folk 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ Most of our local cemeteries give you about 10cm for a headstone so I don’t really get how they got permission for this monstrosity, complete with juke box tbh. Also 99% of the city have never heard of the bloke!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Marvellous thread in AIBU called something like "is this vulgar" about a traveller family bleeping over the regs in the graveyard. Worth a look before it gets pulled, as it will.
Threads about travellers never last long on MN. They will delete it on the grounds of racism.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Did anyone read in the AIBU section about poster asking if husband had ruined her MAT leave? I went to read it but had been pulled (I still subscribe to the daily emails!)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Did anyone read in the AIBU section about poster asking if husband had ruined her MAT leave? I went to read it but had been pulled (I still subscribe to the daily emails!)
I saw that, I think.. I don’t remember it being juicy enough to be pulled, wonder what happened? She was basically saying her husband WFH and made her feel bad for chilling out at home with the baby so she felt like she had to be out walking/in the park/at baby’s groups so he wasn’t telling her to stop the baby crying if he was on a call or asking her for endless cups of tea/to make him lunch. I felt sorry for her tbh!
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
. For a supposedly feminist website so many of them seem to be unable to live without a partner even if it means prioritising the man over their kids, and it never ceases to amaze me at how many similar threads pop up time and time again.
This is what i never understood about mumsnet, they all hate men, and their first response to anything is always LTB or accuse the man of being abusive yet not a single one can be without a man it seems!

Moving men in after 5 mins and then wondering why it goes wrong
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This is what i never understood about mumsnet, they all hate men, and their first response to anything is always LTB or accuse the man of being abusive yet not a single one can be without a man it seems!

Moving men in after 5 mins and then wondering why it goes wrong
Mumsnet is hardly an amorphous mass. Do you identify with all Tattlers and believe you all have exactly the same beliefs and tastes? I've been on Mumsnet for years and like it. It all depends which threads you go on. The Harry & Meghan ones are pretty nasty on here so I avoid them.
 
Mumsnet is hardly an amorphous mass. Do you identify with all Tattlers and believe you all have exactly the same beliefs and tastes? I've been on Mumsnet for years and like it. It all depends which threads you go on. The Harry & Meghan ones are pretty nasty on here so I avoid them.
Not sure what your comment has to do with ny comment 🥴 if course i don’t think we all have the same beliefs but i see the regular posters on mn constantlt contradicting themselves when it comes to relationships.

we’re talking in general about mumsnet not the mass public. Mumsnet is full of its own cliches.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
Mumsnet is hardly an amorphous mass. Do you identify with all Tattlers and believe you all have exactly the same beliefs and tastes? I've been on Mumsnet for years and like it. It all depends which threads you go on. The Harry & Meghan ones are pretty nasty on here so I avoid them.
🤣 this is true. I am no fan of Mrs Hinch, but she can’t even breath without someone here jumping on it.

I don’t agree with everyone here but there is room for debate. When someone disagrees on mumsnet, it feels like a pile on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Was just reading a thread where a woman has said how much her husband is struggling to bond with the baby and has told her about this and what way can she help him. Well there was some response that offered help and support others were just calling him an hole, a child, selfish and an attention seeker and he should pull himself together and get over it if not leave him. I’m honestly so disgusted by some of the replies on there.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Was just reading a thread where a woman has said how much her husband is struggling to bond with the baby and has told her about this and what way can she help him. Well there was some response that offered help and support others were just calling him an hole, a child, selfish and an attention seeker and he should pull himself together and get over it if not leave him. I’m honestly so disgusted by some of the replies on there.
I read one where a woman was struggling to sleep because of her husbands snoring, and they all went on attack mode telling her to divorce him and how could he be so selfish and cruel:ROFLMAO:

Unhinged, the lot of them!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I read one where a woman was struggling to sleep because of her husbands snoring, and they all went on attack mode telling her to divorce him and how could he be so selfish and cruel:ROFLMAO:

Unhinged, the lot of them!
They wonder why they are single😂. Seriously?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.