Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You absolute can on here. Someone once pointed out to me on here that the only regret they had with the block button on here was that they didnt use it sooner 😂

I think I've blocked a fair few on here 😂
I love that function and it makes me smile to think that there are posters ranting at me and I can’t see them. I only block animal hating weirdos 🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s got ridiculous on there now.
I’m banned again (over that ‘5 years left’ trope incidentally), but I once admitted to having the occasional glass of Prosecco (literally 3/4 separate occasions 125ml glasses with a meal past 16 weeks) when I was pregnant and was told I needed to inform my midwife and be prepared to surrender my baby as a clearly unfit mother! It was bleeping awful, those bullying comments, and mumsnet did nothing about it.
Ah, I knew that 5yearsleft stuff was cobblers. Far too reminiscent of the tetraplegic one (seefour or something) Some of the posters on there are so gullible. That said trolling about being wheelchair bound or terminally ill is pretty sick. MN does attract some proper bleeping weirdos.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Ah, I knew that 5yearsleft stuff was cobblers. Far too reminiscent of the tetraplegic one (seefour or something) Some of the posters on there are so gullible. That said trolling about being wheelchair bound or terminally ill is pretty sick. MN does attract some proper bleeping weirdos.
It’s still there, it’s just no one cares enough to comment much so it’s never trending! And yes, definitely got Seafour vibes! No medical professional in the world is going to say you have five years on the nose left to live.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Ahh yes the competitive under eater strikes again. Why did they not just bring a massive salad in with them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
A65CE5F6-AF02-49B5-B21B-2FF969E9A23E.jpeg


Even this misery porn thread about the rising cost of living isn’t free from an eating disordered person bragging about how little they eat.

389CE420-6169-4A51-BD17-78FCB7D200AE.jpeg


So many rampant eating disorders on MN.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I was obviously a bit late to the party and only started using Mumsnet a few months ago. I found some of the content amusing but then you just see more and more people being nasty, argumentative and rude just for the sake of it. I cannot fathom why anyone would get enjoyment from that. One day I just decided to stop using it and delete the app. I have to say, my mental health increased massively and I didn't realise how negatively it was starting to affect me. A horrible place and I'll never be back on it. And to think tattle gets a bad rep, I find here (most) people are honest without being nasty on purpose, and I properly laugh out loud from lots of it.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I was obviously a bit late to the party and only started using Mumsnet a few months ago. I found some of the content amusing but then you just see more and more people being nasty, argumentative and rude just for the sake of it. I cannot fathom why anyone would get enjoyment from that. One day I just decided to stop using it and delete the app. I have to say, my mental health increased massively and I didn't realise how negatively it was starting to affect me. A horrible place and I'll never be back on it. And to think tattle gets a bad rep, I find here (most) people are honest without being nasty on purpose, and I properly laugh out loud from lots of it.
I felt exactly the same way, and although I didn't often post, I started to think in a mumsnet mentality which I didn't like! I came off when they absolutely slated somebody who happened to be having a very similar problem to me and I realised just how cruel and nasty they are.

I've been back over the last few months but don't post, I changed my password to something random so I can't log in anyway. I treat it now as entertainment, try to spot the clichés and amuse myself at how ridiculously petty they all are!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
They’re all just so weird. On that (absolutely bizarre) thread about meal deals somebody has put ‘do people still buy lunch?😱’. Err… yeah. The faux shock about tiny little things is so boring!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
The joyless one who just buys a sandwich and a loose apple and drinks tap water. That sounds so miserable to me. As for the one who says it feeds her three meals - I'm not sure what to make of that.

I love a meal deal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
Seems their beta launch may have gone bits ...asked me to log on with the code they sent me...not been sent any code..this should be fun 😊
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
There’s some seriously ducked up people on there.

What really jumps out at me if you look at any of the food threads is the number of them who obviously have eating disorders!

I feel so sorry for their kids, especially daughters. They’ll grow up with major issues around food.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.