Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see the thread from the woman who’s husband got brought home by the police after they found him at staggering alone a busy main road pissed as a fart in the early hours of this morning? This was the first time the poor sod had been out in years and it wasn’t a regular thing, but that didn’t stop the ’LTB’ brigade chiming in. The OP also admitted that she tracks her DH’s whereabouts on Find my Iphone and she’d been tracking him all night. Now imagine if a man did that with his wife..
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
It’s got ridiculous on there now.
I’m banned again (over that ‘5 years left’ trope incidentally), but I once admitted to having the occasional glass of Prosecco (literally 3/4 separate occasions 125ml glasses with a meal past 16 weeks) when I was pregnant and was told I needed to inform my midwife and be prepared to surrender my baby as a clearly unfit mother! It was bleeping awful, those bullying comments, and mumsnet did nothing about it.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
The moderating system there is a joke. They take down what are seemingly perfectly reasonable threads because they need to ‘check behind the scenes’ or because they think the OP might be a previously banned ‘troll’(yes they actually use the word). Yet the obviously made up drivel like Rainy Puddles, pen Beaker, and Snapped and Farted etc are not only allowed to stay they get moved to classics. There is no logic behind it at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
They all have husbands with high salaries, they all consider themselves middle/upper class. All have substantial savings, pensions and ducks in a row.

But a couple of threads on there about eating and heating etc show they also have a desperate urge to show off their competitive poverty as well as their competitive under eating.

It's a bleeping weird place.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 23
Yes, on a recent ‘what will you cut back on’ thread, a poster bravely stated that she would buy an Aldi candle in place of her usual Jo Malone. Apparently it is ‘almost as good’. What a brave, resourceful soul.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 50
Those what to buy from Aldi and Lidl threads that crop up all the time make me roll my eyes. They see them both as curious oddities that are only used by the poor, when the reality is the quality is so good the middle classes discovered it ions ago. The Aldi near me is always full of affluent looking pensioners rather than poor families.

I mean why do you need advice on what to buy from a bleeping supermarket? Just go and have a look and pick up what you like the look of and if you don’t like it don’t buy it again. Funny how you never see a what to buy from Iceland or Farmfoods thread isn’t it though?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
They all have husbands with high salaries, they all consider themselves middle/upper class. All have substantial savings, pensions and ducks in a row.

But a couple of threads on there about eating and heating etc show they also have a desperate urge to show off their competitive poverty as well as their competitive under eating.

It's a bleeping weird place.
It's not really, it's just that there's a lot of different posters with different views and experiences. There's no 'they', Just like on Tattle or any other forum.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Those what to buy from Aldi and Lidl threads that crop up all the time make me roll my eyes. They see them both as curious oddities that are only used by the poor, when the reality is the quality is so good the middle classes discovered it ions ago. The Aldi near me is always full of affluent looking pensioners rather than poor families.

I mean why do you need advice on what to buy from a bleeping supermarket? Just go and have a look and pick up what you like the look of and if you don’t like it don’t buy it again. Funny how you never see a what to buy from Iceland or Farmfoods thread isn’t it though?
Same as ‘what shall I order from the Chinese/Indian takeaway?’

WHAT DO YOU LIKE YOU ABSOLUTE WET LETTUCE BELLEND
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 27
It's not really, it's just that there's a lot of different posters with different views and experiences. There's no 'they', Just like on Tattle or any other forum.
Well there is.

You only need to check the posting history of those who claiming to have turned their heating off, are going to be eating twice a week to save food bill money, are going to only have cold showers or one hot shower a week and cancelling all their tv packages to then see them criticising others for not having adequate savings, high value pensions and not aiming higher in life.

You wouldn't need to take such extreme money saving measures if your savings are that substantial.

They treat everything as a competition and god forbid anyone who genuinely is struggling in respect of money because they rarely get helpful advice, only berated for not saving harder.

And as someone else said a couple of posts below mine, all suddenly claiming to be walking a fine line between heating and eating after showing off their wealth yet treating a trip to Aldi or Lidl as an opportunity to ogle at the poor working class.

Yes, on a recent ‘what will you cut back on’ thread, a poster bravely stated that she would buy an Aldi candle in place of her usual Jo Malone. Apparently it is ‘almost as good’. What a brave, resourceful soul.
One of them has turned their heating off, has cancelled their childs extra curricular activities, has stopped all takeaways, days out, takeaways and only buying food that is requires for their meal plan meals and only spending on essentials.

But they are refusing to give up their 2 3 week holidays abroad
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
There’s currently a thread about whether watching soaps is working class. Apparently it is because middle class people only listen to the Archers
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 16
I’ve never met a single person who listens to the Archers. Ever in my life. Obviously I must be common then.

Remember how the all whined endlessly about travel restrictions during lockdown. ‘Oh but I NEED a holiday’ no you don’t! It’s a luxury that many people can’t afford!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I hate on there when people say "Well a holiday is a priority for us" as pointed out by previous posters sometimes it is at the expense of everything else! Maybe it's because I've not been on holiday in 7 years but I just can't see how it trumps all other things.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Those what to buy from Aldi and Lidl threads that crop up all the time make me roll my eyes. They see them both as curious oddities that are only used by the poor, when the reality is the quality is so good the middle classes discovered it ions ago. The Aldi near me is always full of affluent looking pensioners rather than poor families.

I mean why do you need advice on what to buy from a bleeping supermarket? Just go and have a look and pick up what you like the look of and if you don’t like it don’t buy it again. Funny how you never see a what to buy from Iceland or Farmfoods thread isn’t it though?
My friend lives in Germany and told me that the Aldi and Lidl carparks there are full of top end German cars.

The thread about the woman who took the Co-op card and spent the OP's money that was on it is still ongoing and it was sorted yesterday morning but on and on they go just repeating the same crap.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I like that you can block/hide posters on tattle too. I have only blocked three or four people but I wish that function was on mumsnet.
I didn’t know you could do that on here. I think posters would definitely use that function if it was available on Mumsnet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Whenever I am feeling fed up I read this thread, it makes me howl thanks.
I'm not brave enough to venture over there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I didn’t know you could do that on here. I think posters would definitely use that function if it was available on Mumsnet.
You absolute can on here. Someone once pointed out to me on here that the only regret they had with the block button on here was that they didnt use it sooner 😂

I think I've blocked a fair few on here 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.