Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are so precious! I’ve never known so many thin-skinned people in my life! A throwaway comment has them pondering for hours and running to mumsnet for advice! I don’t know anyone like this in real life at all!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
They’re crappy to workmen and their cleaners and nannies. I don’t have experience of having a nanny but you treat people who do work in your home well as it usually means they want to do a good job and they’re happy to come back. Anyone knows that, high flying career or not!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Thread on wedding food, poster says she might be hungry at a wedding because they are eating at 4.30 and so she might take snacks. About 20 pages!! OP getting some insulting comments, ‘people don’t eat pudding everyday, if you adjust the way you eat now, your body with adjust to normal portion sizes before the wedding’

Who speaks to people this way??

Food threads can go this way I know, but I can’t imagine someone typing that message out and thinking it’s appropriate to send!

So many threads go like this, people get so involved and so over the top and just insult an OP!

Honestly I can’t imagine typing half the stuff some of them say, in any way, to any post, and thinking ‘yeah that’s a good idea I’ll post that’
 
  • Like
Reactions: 13
The reading comprehension is just beyond terrible.

"I've read about a woman who earns £32k a year, another who decorates every year, one who has got 1 4 bedroomed detached house, anther who has got a "budget" of £1 million to buy a house."

SOOOOO much of the thread is implying the OP is thick for thinking someone on 32k could afford a million pound house. But that isn't even close to what was said.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
They’re crappy to workmen and their cleaners and nannies. I don’t have experience of having a nanny but you treat people who do work in your home well as it usually means they want to do a good job and they’re happy to come back. Anyone knows that, high flying career or not!
They really look down their noses down at people in trade, conveniently forgetting that they are new upwardly mobile middle classes and could probably buy them ten times over. Notice how you never see a poor plumber or electrician? In fact I know a family of electricians who are millionaires through sheer hard work and making good business decision’s. Yet that lot won’t even make these blokes a cup of tea, presumably because they didn’t go to a Russell Group Uni and don’t work in a ‘niche industry’. Stuck up bleeping witches.

You can tell a lot about people from how they treat the help as the old saying goes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 19
OP asks a question, gets answers but the OP does not like the replies and then the fun starts.:D
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
Time and time again you see threads like this on Mumsnet, a bleeping parenting website! I don’t have kids but wouldn’t dream of complaining about a crying toddler! They are all so intolerant of normal neighbourly noise it’s ridiculous.
This thread was insane.


She didnt want to actually do anything to help herself like ear plugs or white noise…

Ideally she would have liked to have a word and expect the neighbours to MOVE their rooms around.

Never seen such entitled behaviour.

Someone suggested she move her room and she said no she wont move because of a cryinf toddler 🙄

Like ok then shut the duck up about it .
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
There's one in AIBU at the moment where the OP is asking if she was unreasonable to call her DD fan🤣 Got to be a wind up surely?! Loads of posters patiently explaining what fan means in the UK 🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 9
There's one in AIBU at the moment where the OP is asking if she was unreasonable to call her DD fan🤣 Got to be a wind up surely?! Loads of posters patiently explaining what fan means in the UK 🤣
In Scotland it means someone who is silly and annoying,
As in “shut up ya wee fan”
 
  • Haha
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I used to use mumsnet quite regularly a few years ago. There was the odd nice person and genuinely helpful advice but there’s some right nutters on there ready to find the unreasonable-ness in everyone and everything. I found myself sucked into it and questioning my own parenting because I don’t do everything the mumsnet way then I realised we can’t all be middle class white mum’s with our perfect DC 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
The general tone is sneery. I’m guessing the people on there wouldn’t say boo to a goose in real life. I imagine many of them have inadequate lives so the mission to bring down strangers online cheers them up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
The general tone is sneery. I’m guessing the people on there wouldn’t say boo to a goose in real life. I imagine many of them have inadequate lives so the mission to bring down strangers online cheers them up.
I agree there's a tone where people are nastier because there's anonymity yet the sites are deemed 'good' and tattle bad
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I've had nicer responses from Tattle than I ever did on Mumsnet. I like the fact debates on here are more reasonably and rationally discussed whereas on Mumsnet, if your opinion is the wrong one then it quickly descends into a bunfight and becomes an echo chamber as those with differing opinions get put off posting as they don't want to be insulted.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
I've had nicer responses from Tattle than I ever did on Mumsnet. I like the fact debates on here are more reasonably and rationally discussed whereas on Mumsnet, if your opinion is the wrong one then it quickly descends into a bunfight and becomes an echo chamber as those with differing opinions get put off posting as they don't want to be insulted.
I like that you can block/hide posters on tattle too. I have only blocked three or four people but I wish that function was on mumsnet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
mumsnet is good if you have a specific question i feel, as you can just search it and usually find a pretty old thread with the exact problem and some advice. id never DREAM of creating my own thread on there though
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I'm someone who was with mumsnet in the early days when my kids were young. It has really gone down hill in the last few years. Every time you start a thread for discussion there is a wave of comments with arguing the opposite without any interest in listening. It really is the most bizarre place now. Every thread seems to become an argument - fed up with it all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.