Multiple Mirena coils

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi. I have had Mirena for Almost 9 years (this is my second one). I haven’t had a period since Feb 2012 approx and I am very happy with that as before they were very painful and heavy. My current iud is up for renewal (lol) In Dec of next year but I’m already thinking ahead to whether or not to go for a third and potentially another 5 years of no bleeds (potentially 15 years with no periods) of course they may not stay away for the entirety of the next coils lifetime but potentially. I’m just wondering others opinions on this long artificially “turning off” periods and if maybe it’s time for a break to let nature do its thing. A few points of note: I am very overweight, I have pcos and all the usual symptoms of that, I am not in a relationship anymore and have 1 grown up child. Ive not relied on Mirena for conTracepotion for nearly 2 years now.

I would think that if your GP/sexual health clinic are happy to fit another then it’s fine. Maybe have a chat with your GP about it just to reassure yourself especially as you have a year or so leeway.