Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

G&TGal

Until I see an application by one of the two directors to get Mrs Meldrum Ltd struck off the Register at Companies House or it made a dormant company so that no Corporation Tax Returns are required, I don't think we can assume that they will not return to a public form of social media in one form or another.

However much they delete or remove there are some parts of that Internet footprint that are indelible. Both the Meldrums and all three of the girls have pages on Famous Birthdays .com, the birth vlogs have been commented on in newspaper articles online ...I could go on. The vast number of cached images / articles that appear with a simple google search cannot be erased.

In my opinion Rebecca and Lee thought they could control the narrative, forgetting that once you have put something into the public domain, then you have by default given the public access to this and the public are allowed to have an opinion and yes that opinion is allowed to differ.

I had a lot of disquiet about the amount of information that they made public surrounding their children as children have a "Right to Privacy" under Article 16 of the UN Convention On The Rights of the Child. Just because other bloggers / media influencers may chose to 'over share' does not make it legal or moral and Rebecca & Lee did try and identify / create a 'celebrity' lifestyle.

A huge difference between medium sized fish in tiny local ponds and genuine 'International Celebrities' on the world stage is that true celebrities invariably are hugely protective of their children and their safety / privacy is a huge concern. If taking a photo of a celebrity in the street, the press will pixel out the faces of the children and you don't see splashed all over the media where their children go to school, when they are going swimming and their location documented in real time on insta stories. They will often have professional nannies, agents, security teams and PR staff who are loyal, discreet and totally protective of the children.

Rebecca opened 'Pandoras Box' in her greed for more riches / fame and couldn't control what it unleashed.

This is not a 13 year old who has been tricked into sending a nude picture to some depraved idiot who then thinks it funny to circulate it. This is a couple who have chosen to approach the press to document their lives from their engagement photographs in local papers featuring Lees' tree carving proposal, sharing their desire to get married in Italy right the way through vlogging births online. The local paper at the time of their engagement had a distribution figure of approx 5600 copies and they desired a larger audience so compromised their children's privacy and possibly their safety by sharing the next stages of their lives together with collective views of all the vlogs and instagram images / stories in the 100's of 1000's if not millions.

As adults they can share as much as they like about themselves but they have a duty of care to protect their children.

I think the income from Tropics for the first couple of months delighted Rebecca so much that she became more careless again. Suddenly the prospect of earning £8k a month from commission giving her a potential income of over £100K per annum if she factored in increased potential over Christmas, Mothers Day etc made the rest irrelevant. The purchased likes on Instagram were no longer needed, those 1000+ like spikes visible on statistic sites would not be required any more to prove how popular and influential she could be to a company looking for a collaboration.

Had Rebecca run her business with diligence over the period prior to Tropics, then potentially she could have hit a gold mine. Regretfully her two fingers / middle finger / no F**ks given attitude was there for all to see and NO company is going to take on the liability that is the reality of Rebecca & Lee Meldrum. Knowing that you had a monthly review period with that company, to then issue no apology or explanation but indicate to buyers that a multi million pound turnover company could not handle trolls relating to one of their ambassadors was disingenuous and appeared critical of Tropics. Quite correctly they acted.

I genuinely hope that Rebecca and Lee can look back on the good times and opportunities that they had and be grateful for the hopefully happy family memories that these moments have given them. The world is changing and we need to change with it. Lee has a job and I really hope he can keep it as many others in this area will not but it will give them stability. Rebecca has family close by for support and 3 beautiful healthy children and she needs to be there for them, to support their return to school which will be different from how they left it, and to be there unconditionally for them when they need reassurance that although life may be different for them from now on, different can be better, safer and possibly calmer.

• Heart
Reactions: 77

Pepsipuff

I never write on here (but always read 🤣) and I honestly couldn't scroll on by & not post this once it popped into my head... does anyone remember that time Lee put a pic of Rebecca on his instagram and actually captioned it "rate my wife" 🤣😂🤣🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63

Milmum

I had a c section a few months after her and recognised some of the theatre staff and mentioned how I watched her birth vlog. They informed me that she did not ask permission prior and the woman I spoke to was very upset to have been shown in her vlog! I hadn’t realised at the time she was (allegedly) being paid £10,000 from channel mum but did think it odd to film without prior permission.
The realisation for me was her going to the Foodbank vlog! Oh that really opened my eyes!!! She saw nothing wrong with going EMPTY HANDED (Who does that!!!) during a paid work trip and to have coffee before, pizza express after and do Christmas shopping! Surely they deserved a separate vlog. The preconceived ideas she voiced, the disrespectful look on her face the whole time 🤮
10,000 for a birth vlog!!! That’s it I’m starting a YouTube joining channel mum and having another baby 🤣 knowone has ever given me £10,000 to give birth dam it - all I end up with is a ripped arse hole ....... and a baby but 🤷‍♀️ 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Remember the utterly bizzare night when they had Rami over for a curry..... SO WEIRD!!!

And the night they went for “date night” ...... with her parents....!!!!

Or when she got up at 7am the night after her birthday party in St Andrews and went to the gym...... hmmmmmm a night in a fancy hotel with the husband and she gets up early to go to the gym....... a) must have been a belter of a night if she was up at 7am and b) if I was alone with my husband in a hotel I can tell you, the only work out I’d be getting up for would be the horizontal hokey-cokey!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Porkiepies

VIP Member
This clip still makes me laugh. Claiming they always danced with the girls and then Safiayh face was pure confusion with Lee shouting safiayh to look 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

Calmasyoulike

Funny how this video has disappeared....! 🤔
And just like that she’s removed it. Probably cause she’s making a real douche of herself in it LOL. At one point when she said “he’s about 13 years old, Ginger and a real pain in the ass” it was hard to know if she was talking about Mouse or Lee 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Rue Git Le Couer

Chatty Member
There is literally no way on God's green earth that 2 women would sleep with the King of Ginge.
My friend used to see him! During his “break” with Rebecca. The way he explained it to my friend was that after she became pregnant with Safiyah, Rebecca & her family were putting pressure on him to get back with her, so he did. He told my friend it wasn’t what he wanted but felt he should give it a go for the baby. Not sure what the truth is but that’s the line he spun!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
So many nostalgic memories on here! Fabulous! Here's mine
When they all went camping, nobody slept and they were all back home again at about 9 am the next morning 🤣

Original meldrum vlogs when pat did most of the filming so we got to see our reb stomping about in the background always looking moody. The true reb I think!

Thinking they are sticking 2 fingers up to here by numerous playings of dance monkey 🎶🥱

And last but not least. The non binary coat 🤭😂
OMG the camping trip!!!!!’ Where they literally filled the boot of the car with the entire contents of their house, drove 5 miles, sat drinking prosecco all evening and then were home by about 7am!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 but guyyyys they LOVE adventure!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Calmasyoulike

I keep waiting for Lucie and the Bump to chirp up. She's usually crawling up her arse.
Lucie and the bump is up Sarah This Mama’s life’s arsehole just now. I’m fact any further up she would be flossing Sarah teeth.

Since we are having a “best of” here is the Meldrums gender reveal where Lee can’t help but wish Poppy had been a Rafferty (her fave boys name) for the best bit go to 6 mins in for the reveal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
Sorry I'm so quiet I'm malnourished since I've been unable to get the recipe for nanny Mclee's soupy curry, nothing else would suffice.

I've also been unable to pick things up properly as I've had my jumpers pulled over my knuckles constantly.

Not to mention being frozen whilst wearing the skirt I "bought" whilst picking up an onion in the woods with my edgy vans and knuckle skimming jumpers

Im in Meldrum melt down

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

2020two

Chatty Member
Not sure who called us bad names but cough cough PhD psychologist here who's just smashed getting back into my size 8 jeans 4 months after twins cough cough 😂 I've always found everyone on here to be lovely and very intelligent, and I'm not sure Rebecca has anything to be jealous of.. although I would quite like a dog.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
It seems pretty bad for her to have all her earning potential taken away completely.
All her earning potential has not been taken away completely.
All her EASY earning potential has been taken away.
She is still young and her children will be in school.
She can take this opportunity to upskill, retrain and ultimately get a job in the real world, just like the rest of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

sj73

I used to enjoy watching Rebecca. I live in the same area and being a new mum around the same time that she had Poppy I enjoyed seeing her and the girls. What did it for me was the trip to Gleneagles. It looked like a great trip and I priced it up. The trip they had gifted to them was worth thousands of pounds. I couldn’t get over it. It wasn’t a jealousy thing, it was literally a realisation that she was completely unrelateable and that she would NEVER have put her hand in her pocket to pay for a trip like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Zozooy

I’d rather be a fat ugly bastard than a racist money grabber who sold my kids childhoods to the internet

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
For me it was the seemingly endless ads around the time of the house move. I remember thinking "I can't be the only one who thinks there's a serious amount of ads going on here". I decided to look through the comments (which I would never normally do). One comment mentioned "tattle" but I didn't pass any heed. I scrolled down and it was the usual arse-licking comments. When I scrolled back up again the tattle comment was gone.
So I googled tattle and I've been here since.
The irony is that by deleting the comment she led me here. If she had just ignored it, I probably would have too.
"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Ezra84

People asking for this to be taken down just makes me think they are the Meldrums trying to game play

• Haha

Betty Boo

I haven't commented here in ages but as we are having a trip down memory lane one of the funniest things was when they were doing the gender reveal when she was pregnant with Poppy.Lee thought it was a boy and he just couldn't conceal his disappointment.Once the result was out he didn't say another word and the whole mood went very flat.I think she took that video down because it was mentioned on here a lot.

• Haha
  • Wow

Clare

VIP Member
Lucie and the bump is up Sarah This Mama’s life’s arsehole just now. I’m fact any further up she would be flossing Sarah teeth.

Since we are having a “best of” here is the Meldrums gender reveal where Lee can’t help but wish Poppy had been a Rafferty (her fave boys name) for the best bit go to 6 mins in for the reveal.

2B8A7859-D245-47C6-B669-560F09619A7F.jpeg

The eyes, the eyes say it all 🤣🤣🤣 I am weeping with laughter. “WTF is my life”

• Haha
  • Heart