Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GoLando

VIP Member
I work in a school and we are open. All of our children are classed as vulnerable (pupil referral unit) or have ehcp’s so that’s us open to them all and open in the Easter holidays as well.
I’m not a teacher or a TA but still expected in but yet I’m not a key worker by govt guidelines (education doesn’t cover my job role) so my teen will be left home alone as dh is self employed and has to keep working as long as there is work for him.
so it drives me loopy when people say all
Schools are closed. Most actually aren’t as they have to be open for the vulnerable and children of key workers. This will include as childcare in the school holidays. It would be very unusual for a school to be completely closed.
my aunt works in a primary in another borough as a receptionist/admin and she’s still working as well.
Our PRU said all the children are vulnerable but it's too hard to cover them with low staff so they're shut whilst working it out!

Reactions: 1

Pizzaparty

I’ve just read conjunctivitis can be a symptom of covid too.
They should all be isolating for 14 days now.
Really? Without going too off topic, my fella had really bad pink eye and a nasty cold, woke up one day with sticky eyes but nothing else. This was about 2 weeks ago now!!

G&TGal

I hope she’s not planning on claiming government wages if they announce the payment of 80% of the average of the last three years for the self employed later. Her income tanked a long time ago because she put out a racist video and all the other stunts she’s pulled, not because of corona. Those payments are for real working people in need.
This I think is to be aimed more at sole traders rather than company directors.
Edited to add that depending on how Directors are paid could affect how much they could claim as some could be in a 'wage' and some as dividends on share of company so far from straight forward. Tax returns on earnings from Self Employment may be the basis for evidence of income in that period.
Going to be very hard on those recently self employed that do not have the tax history and potentially very cumbersome to claim.

Last edited:

Really20

Self-isolation helps stop coronavirus spreading
Do not leave your home if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or live with someone who does.

This is called self-isolation.

If you are self-isolating, you must:

not leave your home for any reason, other than to exercise once a day – but stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from other people

Not to derail but this is directly pasted from the NHS website, you CAN leave your home to exercise as long as you physically distance yourself from other people

• Angry

fireflies

VIP Member
I can't believe her stiries with the dog making it clear that she's unhappy with them home.
She really can't be mentally right manic happy yesterday, tears this morning then talking to the dog like he a person.
I assume Lee is contacted hence why she's going back.
Is contracted basically self employed from tax point of view.

Lots negative stuff about trip if being mlm.
Dident realise Alan sugar company

Attachments