Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pumkinspice

I absolutely abhor all the terrible things that have been said and done by brand meldrum but here are my thoughts...even on a correctly labelled ad for example, people are going out and contacting every brand about everything. It can appear like a witch hunt and some seem set out to absolutely annihilate her and won’t stop til they destroy her. Is this the aim? This does make me a little uncomfortable.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve made my fair share of complaints and have stood up against some of their worst actions. Yes, the Ibiza trip was a shit show too but the ad this morning was correctly labelled. Yes it was shit and she added a silly narrative that she shouldn’t have added. I don’t know. I’ve been on this thread since the early days and agreed with everything pretty much, I just feel that sometimes contacting every brand about everything suits her narrative of crazy trolls out to get her.
I don’t know where I’m going with this...just wanted to voice it.
I want influencer-ism to end as much as the next person as I think it’s wrong on so many levels.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Ginfluenced

I just find it brilliant that at the very same moment that Reb was meant to be living the luxury, aspirational life of a Lexus owner, she simultaneously uploaded a Primark haul video 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Fess up which one of us is delete.tattle.life working as a Meldrum mole?
Pointing out to Lexus that the Meldrums aren't racist, just their friends are. Pointing out that the Meldrum drove a BMW before she balled up her career but don't worry Lexus the Meldrums have done such a good job of selling Lexus they will buy one once they get off benefits and come into some money. Comedy gold. They win the internet today without a doubt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

stuffata

Nothing says introvert likes publishing a photo of yourself in a bikini to 100,000 strangers on the internet!!

everything about her is fake....she is truly one of the saddest most desperate people, I feel so sorry for the children, they will pay the real price. She is totally consumed by her own ego.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

G&TGal

if the tickets aren’t sellable then I can happily provide enchanted forest with a lot of great charities in Aberdeen that would appreciate being gifted the tickets! I just find it absolutely shocking they feel the need to gift them. As others have mentioned the event sells out every year. Just don’t get why they need to.
If Enchanted Forest have a pool of promotional / non sellable tickets why don't they contact organisations such as CHAS (Childrens Hospice Across Scotland) or similar so that some families who struggle through really hard times can have a fun break ( I know they did this in 2014 so not sure if they have done it since). I have no issue with gifted / promotional tickets for goodwill if they are directed at those who otherwise would struggle to go but when an event is sold out months in advance it does not need 'Influencers' to promote it.
Some families just need a break, a little bit of magic to escape from the harsh reality of what everyday life has thrown at them. Families that are struggling to plan more than a few weeks ahead as they don't know what it might bring.

This is VERY close to my heart, CHAS, Childline and Befriend a Child are charities I support, work with ( and have experience of ) and to see the joy that a trip away, a spontaneous outing, some time spent with someone who cares, a family creating a special memory, an unexpected treat - that is what makes a day worth while. To see tickets being given free to families who have a 650K roof over their heads, who can afford to put food on the table whilst showing no compassion to those who cannot, and have two salaries coming in and the luxury of both parents there 24/7 for their children for over 6 months of each year sickens me.

However what I do see is that those families who do have to cope with heartache is that those special days / treats they spend together bring them joy and memories which are treasured. I see little joy in the Meldrum's lives, no contentment. I see a need to not only keep up with the Jones's, but to be the Jones's, nothing is good enough. There is ALWAYS going to be someone who has a larger house, a flashier car, a bigger diamond , a ski chalet in Davos.... When is it enough ? Get off the gravy train Rebecca, be grateful you have parents who are healthy and close to you, you have three beautiful healthy children who at the moment have their lives lived out on Instagram like some weird car crash reality TV show and every internet footprint you leave is going to come back to haunt them for the rest of their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
The dancing clip is the kind of thing you film because you think it might be funny. However YOU DELETE IT when it doesn’t work.
What a pair of absolute fuckwits. The more I see the more I feel for the kids. They are used for the gram. So much too for her pledge to show them less. What a pile of crap.

It’s so toe curlingly embarrassing for them.

They had obviously planned it
Lee pretending to sneak up to the window - Rebecca wasn’t even “dancing” when he approached the window, she only starts when she knows he’s standing there filming.
They had obviously shouted Safiyah through to the kitchen
You can see that Rebecca asks her to dance and Safiyah shakes her head and then Rebecca grabs her wrist and forcefully pulls her towards her and holds her there
Then the evil witch turns to Lee and laughs

It’s not funny.
It’s not entertaining.
It’s not a candid moment of family fun.
It’s not sweet or charming.

Its fake.
It’s planned & choreographed.
It’s exploitative
It’s uncomfortable to watch the treatment of Safiyah.
It’s deeply troubling to see just how they use the children for content - they calculated that whole scenario for no other reason that to put it on Instagram. It’s so odd. Can you imagine the conversation prior to them filming that?

It’s actually scary how they behave and that they think this is normal?

This just seriously highlights how far away the Meldrums have got from reality. They are warped and they seem to have no idea what normal behaviour is anymore.
It’s terrifying.
It just makes you think - is there nothing they would do for content?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Imagine being a friend of the Meldrums. You'd have nothing to say to Reb as you already know all her news in advance.

'We went to Ibiza for a press trip for Meld'
Yeah, I know I saw on the gram
'Villa was amazing'
'We went and saw a vineyard and had a cheeky glass of wine'
'I made friends with this lovely posh mummy'
I don't think the husband of the other woman liked me very much tho 🤔
Yeah, saw that on the gram too 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

G&TGal

Just had lunch with my friend who was toying with the possibility of using an influencer for part of their advertising budget this year and decided against based on Mrs M's bad press, and the two finger salute being the final nail in the coffin. I asked his opinion if he would have wanted to know 'afterwards' about the racism, behaviour, doxxing etc and how he would have reacted if they had already had a contract such as the issue with GoodBelly this morning.

Firstly he said her Agency could suffer as each product is looking for a good fit . For instance because Nestle have a large SA operation and last year issued a statement on their site that "Racism has no place in our Organisation" following an accusation and investigation, her Agency perhaps should not have put her forward for this knowing that less than 6 months ago, there were several tabloid reports with the words Mrs Meldrum and Racism in the same headline. Headache for a company who have issued website statements on the matter.
Nestle is a huge company and the contract with Mrs M will have been pocket change as far as they are concerned. Their issue will be with the agency who promoted and negotiated on her behalf. Because of Nestle ethos statement on racism he felt it was appropriate that it was brought to their attention even post AD. It would not have been appropriate to roll out lies about DLP etc as not in context to a breakfast cereal and irrelevant to ethos of Nestle.

Had he decided to go ahead with Mrs M and then found out afterwards, he said he too would have reviewed any connection apart from contractural obligations and potentially dissociated themselves, as from her present behaviour he thinks she is too condescending and inconsistent and her erratic behaviour too much of a liability. Also he would have wanted to know, as his company cannot afford a long term association with someone whose ethos does not fit in with their company but then they are a small enough company, they do their own research which he did. He said her lack of professionalism is evident in so many ways once you start digging that she would not have got past the first round of suggestions. It would have been a large bespoke contract from my friends company and one Mrs M would have been 'itchen' to get her hands on, unlike a box of cereal it would not have been binned as soon as consumed and would then potentially have been a background feature in many photos so the association of their company with her would have remained. From what I gather her Agency were not involved and she was suggested by a mutual friend of one of their employees.

His take on things is that if he is spending money on what essentially is an advertising campaign he is 'employing' someone, paying a fee & supplying goods, and in return expecting them to deliver a professional service. How they choose to behave in private is not his concern if it remains private but if they choose to display erratic behaviour such as sticking up two fingers, having a meltdown, using 'bloody' as their favourite adjective and suggestively telling everyone how the oyster was the best thing she has ever put in her mouth - on the same business forum that they showcase their limited company they take the consequences.

His parting shot before we enjoyed our coffee & tablet was that in his opinion she was not so much 'Downton Abbey' and more 'Carry on up the Khyber'

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha