Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalobadee

VIP Member
That’s the thing tho. A lot of the time people aren’t “purposely misleading followers” the rules at just so unclear, and so contradictory that a lot of the time they can’t do right for doing wrong.

Hinch is actually a perfect example. I believe she works for P&G? She also films in her home. So should every single P&G product in her home that she happens to catch on camera as she walks past it then be labelled as paid ad because she works for them. Even when she isn’t being paid to promote that item and it just happens to be something she uses? I saw people moaning about Colgate toothpaste?

My sister did a paid promotion with a company, then a few weeks later she posted a completely unrelated video taken in her studio and one of the products she had done the ad for was in the background of one of the shots as she walked past it (it’s something she uses daily so there are lots of them around in her work space). She was reported by people for not declaring the unrelated video as an ad (even when it wasn’t) because a product she had previously advertised made a 3 second appearance in the back ground of a video.

It’s not clear!
Maybe not then but I guess when ASA contacted her to tell her she was reported they told her what she was doing was right or wrong? Or did they just say she was reported and nothing else ?

Reactions: 1

03cg78

Maybe not then but I guess when ASA contacted her to tell her she was reported they told her what she was doing was right or wrong? Or did they just say she was reported and nothing else ?
They said one of her posts had been brought to their attention due to undeclared advertising revenue. They said it served as a warning, then 2 different people contradicted what was and wasn’t ok!

03cg78

Thanks but it’s really no clearer as that word is there again. They cannot give a clear answer as to what they class as something being “featured”.

One person said that as long as the item wasn’t the focus of a post (as I said, was in the background of a video, wasn’t spoken about or had any attention drawn to it) then it was fine to not have #ad and then someone else said the opposite

The rules are not clear!

Attachments

Lilmack

The thread is about her Instagram account and what she posts so of course people are going to discuss it (looks, parenting, dog etc., )
What might be "kinda insignificant" to you might have significance to someone else so probably best to just scroll on by as after all this is a gossip site.
You already said that? My reply is above.

I was fully aware when I said it that some people wouldn't agree with me. That's fine. That's life. Others do agree.

Nellie

You already said that? My reply is above.

I was fully aware when I said it that some people wouldn't agree with me. That's fine. That's life. Others do agree.
My computer is playing up, I didn't mean to post twice.
I saw your reply and liked it.