Mrs Hinch #350 No one puts baby on the cooker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread suggestion by @mgh727 with 120 likes!!

Quick recap -
  • Soph and Jaymeh, despite not being able to speak English properly, decided they wish to speak 'fluent Spanish' and asked for suggestions on how to do this. Post then got deleted.
  • They then gorged themselves on a vomtastic easter egg cheesecake.
  • She let RonnieRedGloves play with sugar on the kitchen floor... her attempt at messy play??
  • Soph took a delightful pic of Lardsnomes, captioned with a lovely message about how we need to not have a clue what's going on in the world and not give a tit. Nice.
  • She got dolled up to go to a Maccys drive through and rambled on her story about how she wasn't with it.
  • She then 'spilt' lentils all over the floor and got Ron to clean it up.
  • Made a tacky, godawful, choking hazard Easter display. Also had a candle right next to it, so its also a fire hazard. Nice one.
  • Despite being all for 'women supporting women', she hasn't made reference or mentioned Sarah Everard once. Despicable.
Soph hasn't got a middle name, she added Rose in her teens.

• Haha
Reactions: 101
How can anyone see that a huge influencer with many (alleged) followers say that they don't give a tit about world news and think that's ok? How could you aspire to be like that?

• Angry
Reactions: 85
So far she’s quiet. Where’s her shite morning montage? She must sit and say “action! Bring in the dog food!” 😳

also on the back of mentioning his lack of toys, that child has a mini washing machine doesn’t he? Fair enough but where are his other toys for fine motor, his cars. Threading beads, building blocks?!

Reactions: 26
If I was still blinded by her, I’d sure as tit be clocking onto her selfishness and BS when I saw that post about not giving a tit on a day like yesterday when all social media was flooded with posts about Sarah Everard and what us women have to go through for just being women - let’s hope more sheep wake up! 🐑 🐑 🐑

• Heart
Reactions: 50
How can anyone see that a huge influencer with many (alleged) followers say that they don't give a tit about world news and think that's ok? How could you aspire to be like that?
Cos she wants to keep her page "a PoSiTiVe SpAcE" of course!

Also known as: doesn't have the intelligence or compassion to address real issues or actually help people.

Reactions: 49
How has she done this? How has she managed to convince people she was ‘rags to riches’?! It blows my mind how many single struggling mums i know that think she relates too them. Sophies never know the struggle of making universal credit last the month, worried about kids having a growth spurt and growing out of their barely worn uniform. Your queen sophs is a sale woman and you are her target.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
If I was still blinded by her, I’d sure as tit be clocking onto her selfishness and BS when I saw that post about not giving a tit on a day like yesterday when all social media was flooded with posts about Sarah Everard and what us women have to go through for just being women - let’s hope more sheep wake up! 🐑 🐑 🐑
She seems the type where If it hasn’t happened to to her he doesn’t give a tit.

Reactions: 15
How has she done this? How has she managed to convince people she was ‘rags to riches’?! It blows my mind how many single struggling mums i know that think she relates too them. Sophies never know the struggle of making universal credit last the month, worried about kids having a growth spurt and growing out of their barely worn uniform. Your queen sophs is a sale woman and you are her target.
I really do despair for these people lapping up all of her lies, she’s a master manipulator and they fall hook line and sinker 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 23
I was looking at videos last night of my firstborn at the same age as Ronnie.
He was a late talker but you can clearly hear him attempting to chat and using his own chatter to show me what he wants.
Ronnie should be doing something more by now really and I do hope Sophie is working with her health visitor.
I had signed up with a speech therapist and the appointment came through just as he turned two. She said that yes he wasn't where she thought he should be and she gave me some exercises to encourage him to speak.

I was doing most of them already, reading books with him, chatting constantly when we were out walking, giving a running commentary as we did things together, blowing bubbles to encourage facial muscles and mouth positioning etc.

Reactions: 28
Where did all the cars go that were on the dreary count down to Xmas reveals every morning for Ron? Never seen him play with any of them since those videos, poor child :(

• Sad
Reactions: 60
Those shite cheesecakes must’ve gone right through her! They’ve done us all a favour in keeping her quiet 🎉

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Private person my arse 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If she has ever been rags then I’m an 1800s street urchin. We’re not poor, but we’re certainly not as comfortable as them and I definitely don’t have as much time on my hands as she does 😳

Reactions: 25
Values her Privacy!🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I honestly don't feel like her sheep will care. All most of them seem to care about is being recognised by her and trying to get the level of "fame" she has. This has been very evident over the last year with BLM etc. It was done for clout and now she and her followers have moved on. They don't care about reality. It's all about the competition of who's got the best home, who's got the designer gear, who's going on the biggest holidays.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Where did all the cars go that were on the dreary count down to Xmas reveals every morning for Ron? Never seen him play with any of them since those videos, poor child :(
Would be perfect to drive through sand, soil etc.... for sensory play. Amazon do a tape thats designed as a road. She could stick it to the floor or a tuff tray and create a little road for him. My girls really enjoyed that activity. Today I filled the tuff tray with soil and rocks and made caves. We did a toy swap with my nephew and borrowed his toy dinosaurs and created a pre historic dinosaur play area. Girls absolutely loved it! Loads of stuff on Pinterest, a tuff tray group on facebook, sensory play groups online, my 1 year old even does musical mother and baby play via zoom once a week.

Reactions: 22
“This book highlights what it’s like to live in the real world “ 🤣🤣😳 wowzers

• Haha
Reactions: 28
This sums up what real life is for her. 39 weeks ago she "spoke" about a really important topic. Claimed she wasn't going to stop learning, that she was going to be an ally, that she was going to help. She's done nothing since. In the month following she placed some of Ronnie's books in convenient places and then poof, not a word. Her allyship along with Ronnie's books have gone.

So why I even thought for a moment she'd say anything of worth over Sarah and what women are facing I don't know.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
WHY I AM HERE
Hello everyone, I am new(ish). I have joined in with conversations a couple of times but I really wanted to open up more about why I’m actually here.

I used to love the person that was ‘Mrs Hinch’. I fell into the trap that makes you feel like she’s your friend. That is a deliberate trap to make you feel welcome and it encourages you to trust her. Not only her but all influencers. I was the type who would look forward to her stories daily to see what she was doing and how she was. I would laugh along with her. I would interact with her questions and polls. I bought her first book (painfully boring). I followed what she was buying and bought the same things to try them. I defended her against people in real life I spoke to who laughed at the concept, I took no notice of anything negative.

And then it changed...

I don’t know if I remember one specific moment where I started to make a U-turn, but there was a rapid accumulation of things and they are as follows. I would often send messages of encouragement to her and ask questions and never get anything back. Maybe I was expecting too much, I’m sure she gets thousands but she always says “I see them all, I read them all”. So I wondered to myself, if that’s true I wonder why she only replies to certain people. Then I noticed it was people who either worship and praise her, or people that are saying how good her book, magazine, interview, product etc is. She doesn’t reply to or acknowledge like me who is trying to have a heart to heart, she replies to and puts on her stories those who are praising or promoting her. That didn’t sit well with me.

The next thing that joined the accumulation of doubt was her first book. I was excited to read it. Two chapters in I discovered it wasn’t so much a book, but a shopping list. After talking about herself indulgently in the first chapter, she just goes on to list what she uses at home and what’s in her cleaning cupboard, one after another, after another, product after product. I remember sitting on the train on my commute to work thinking is this a book or a stock check? I was incredibly bored and disappointed for that, but also because it felt like a sell-out. I wondered which of the brands she was mentioning had paid her, or which ones she hoped to be paid by.

I have also noticed how much spending and wasting happens in the Hinch home. Growing up we didn’t have anything. We weren’t allowed trainers, branded sports wear, games consoles etc because my mum simply couldn’t afford them. Now that I’m an adult I like to look after what I have and I’m grateful for it all. Truly. I do not find Mrs Hinch to be grateful or generous towards others or the less fortunate.

Lies...
I have had my eyes opened here regarding lies and false claims, for sure. What I wanted to say about this was that these are not speculation, there are screenshots and dates for EVERYTHING. You can’t come back from that, it’s damning. This proof, combined with things I have seen myself have fuelled the doubt. I do not trust her to want what’s best for me as a follower or consumer.

Anxiety. I have saved this for last and that is because it makes me the most angry. I have an anxiety disorder. DIAGNOSED. A full on, long-term, diagnosed, crippling, anxiety disorder. That is different from simply having anxiety. I am not downplaying how people with anxiety feel, I know it isn’t nice. But anxiety disorder is not the same. In my case it is combined with eating disorder, OCD and depression. I am going to claim therefore that I have the right to speak about it. I am not Mrs Hinch, so I do not speak for her. However, on the viewing end of her stories and posts, I find abnormalities in the consistency of how severe this “anxiety” is. You can be nervous before a TV or radio interview. You can feel sick before public speaking. You can feel self conscious walking to the shop. These are all normal feelings of anxiety. That is not the same as an anxiety disorder. My perception is that Mrs Hinch will use anxiety as a sort of “pass” for things she shouldn’t. Responsibility, people not liking her etc. This to me is offensive and unacceptable. If I had the platform she had I would want to be an ambassador for my condition. I would love to be a patron and a spokesperson for things I believe in. Why isn’t she working with charities if she suffers so badly? I don’t mean a one-off collaboration or mention for an event, I mean proper ground work. Or donations? She’s wealthy enough to be able to do that now. I have seen Mrs Hinch speaking in groups and in public. She’s fine. Getting nervous in the car on the way there isn’t anxiety that’s abnormal, that’s normal - you can’t then later use that to excuse yourself from other things. Anxiety disorder and OCD are not jokes and are not a trend so unless you have been diagnosed, not just Mrs Hinch, anybody reading this, you should look into whether you have a normal amount of it or not before you throw it around as a get-out.

I want to round up my post by saying that influencers of all kinds are not there for you. They don’t care about you as an individual, they don’t care what you’re struggling with, they’re not going to hold your hand at night or pay your debts to that you can afford to eat. It’s their job to make you feel like they will, or might, so that you trust them enough to buy what they’re selling. I am telling you now, every single person apart from people you know in real life and face to face, EVERY person you follow on Instagram is fake. They are false, they are a brand, they are acting. It’s all a performance. It’s a job.

I worry for the younger “Hinchers” or anybody that had trouble taking care of their own finances who may be vulnerable and not able to understand that.

Taking this, and all of the other accumulated things into account I have now decided that I do not like Mrs Hinch, or the Mrs Hinch brand. It is tacky. It is deceitful. It will be short-lived.
I feel that there are probably so many others out there who realise all of this stuff but are too embarrassed to admit they they were wrong or that they changed their mind. Especially if, like me, they have out so much time and effort into defending her. It’s hard to come back from that and say “you know what, I was wrong, this is stupid”. If you are one of those people, there’s nothing wrong with admitting you misjudged someone. You can change your mind. I’m raising my hand now 🤚 and I’m admitting I was one of them. I was sucked in.

I’m closing now with this. Trolls are people who continually harass either by contacting someone online directly or via comments saying hurtful, malicious or threatening things. People who have an unpopular opinion or do not like Mrs Hinch are not trolls. You do not have to like everyone. That’s just how life goes. I do not agree with people calling her an ugly witch or saying things about Ronnie that they shouldn’t be. That isn’t right.
But lies, deception, generally being unlikeable and tacky? Yes. That’s an opinion and that’s where I stand. I am no longer a Hincher. Sorry, hincher. Small ‘h’.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 499
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.