Mothers Day

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!

What do you buy for your Mum on Mothers Day? I feel like all the gifting is cheap imported tat from the small kids meant for the bin, flowers go up about £5 a bunch and the rest of it is expensive beauty gifting.

💕🌹

Reactions: 1
Usually an afternoon tea at an independent shop but this year I said come to me for a roast with all the trimmings and wine

Reactions: 2
My mum's coming to spend the weekend with us so I will cook her a big Sunday roast and take her out in to town (she loves mooching around the shops) we buy her flowers all year round so I normally buy her a book or something like that she wants

My sister and I go halves on flowers these days, but we were never the type of family who made a big deal about gifts etc for these types of occasion. A thoughtful card means more than most gifts anyway.

Both sets of grandmas are getting a card and chocolates from my toddler and that’s about it.

Pre-kids I probably would’ve gotten a bunch of flowers and a card or gone in with my sisters for a ‘bigger’ present like a spa day/experience.

My mum is in her seventies now, so Iv got her a hedgehog house for the garden. She loves hedgehogs and so I thought it would be nice for her as she's always leaving hedgehog food out.
But that will be from both me and my son.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Got flowers and cards to give to my mum and grandma from my son and me and we’ll be going to hers for a roast on Sunday cooked by my brother. My son has chosen something from the PTA present room at school to give me on Sunday and think he’s made a card (single parent so sweet way for him to join in).

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've put some money in my mums card, bought her a couple of prezzies and will be having a nice meal tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I bought my mum flowers, leather driving gloves (something she’d mentioned wanting) and some fancy cupcakes. She was happy enough with that.

My children (their dad) got me new pjs, flowers and some of my fave chocolates - although I suspect someone didn’t read the card properly because it’s a Nan one not a Mum one. Gave us all a right laugh tbf 🤣🥴

• Haha