Mole removal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had 4 removed that they were worried about but all tests came back fine. It's likely to be nothing but better to be safe than sorry :)
I've had one mole removed from my face by my eye. This was recommended by my GP. It had grown and become quite prominent whilst I was pregnant. I had it done by day surgery in London. It was cut out. Luckily it was benign and it hardly left any mark on my face at all. It didn't hurt but I could hear them doing it.
I had another mole removed from my back. Apparently lots of women have a large mole off centre on their backs which could becoming dangerous - often if it gets chaffed by bra straps. This was one done in the doctor's surgery by the GP himself. Again it did not hurt or cause any disfigurement.
I would not worry. The location of your mole sounds like it might make walking afterwards a bit sore that's all.
Good luck.

I've had one mole removed from my face by my eye. This was recommended by my GP. It had grown and become quite prominent whilst I was pregnant. I had it done by day surgery in London. It was cut out. Luckily it was benign and it hardly left any mark on my face at all. It didn't hurt but I could hear them doing it.
I had another mole removed from my back. Apparently lots of women have a large mole off centre on their backs which could becoming dangerous - often if it gets chaffed by bra straps. This was one done in the doctor's surgery by the GP himself. Again it did not hurt or cause any disfigurement.
I would not worry. The location of your mole sounds like it might make walking afterwards a bit sore that's all.
Good luck.
Thankyou, I’ve got to go back to work the day after so I’m really hoping I can drive. If needs be I can get a lift into work from a work colleague but I’m hoping I can walk ok

Thankyou, I’ve got to go back to work the day after so I’m really hoping I can drive. If needs be I can get a lift into work from a work colleague but I’m hoping I can walk ok
Fingers crossed for you, but at least you have a back up plan.

Has anyone had any experience with mole removal via laser? There's a couple on my face that I want removed (for vanity purposes) but I'm petrified of needles, I wondered if for laser they'll just use numbing cream?

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had any experience with mole removal via laser? There's a couple on my face that I want removed (for vanity purposes) but I'm petrified of needles, I wondered if for laser they'll just use numbing cream?
I was interested in this too, had a look on google but couldn’t find any exact answers about what happens/which moles they could or couldn’t treat. I don’t know for certain but with a laser I think they would use a numbing cream

Hey! So relieved to find this thread. Just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend anywhere for mole removal in the UK up north? I have two moles on my face which bleed a couple of years ago a lot so I went to the doctor (he was a knob) he laughed and said they were WARTS they’re not lol (I don’t know if anyone ever watches Sabrina on YouTube but she had a removal and mine are literally the same as hers were) anyway it’s been a couple years since then and whilst they haven’t bleed much I need to get them off my face I can barely look in a mirror without crying and it’s seriously affecting my mental health. I just got ready to pop out did my make up and hair and I just can’t go as I feel such disgust for them I want to like myself (pick is exactly where mine are too like on the jaw line and as I have quite a defined jaw and check bones they’re so prominent to me)

Attachments

Heya - this thread has made me quite anxious about my moles now?! I had one removed as a child from my face because of concerns (I was 10 so can’t remember specifics) but still have 2/3 on my face and probably 5/6 on clavicle? And then obviously more all over body.

Surely I don’t need them removing?! I obvs check they’re not showing any signs and wear a daily SPF regardless but slightly freaking out now!

Heya - this thread has made me quite anxious about my moles now?! I had one removed as a child from my face because of concerns (I was 10 so can’t remember specifics) but still have 2/3 on my face and probably 5/6 on clavicle? And then obviously more all over body.

Surely I don’t need them removing?! I obvs check they’re not showing any signs and wear a daily SPF regardless but slightly freaking out now!
Don’t freak out. Mole in themselves are fine. Just keep aware of changes to look out for.

• Heart
Don’t freak out. Mole in themselves are fine. Just keep aware of changes to look out for.
Thank you! I just freaked out as so many people were discussing removing moles from their face. I’m going to book in to get them checked tbh cos that cancer comment freaked me out. I shouldn’t read tattle whilst already anxious!

Reactions: 2

Hey - I was the original poster of this thread… If they haven’t changed at all there’s no reason to be concerned 😊😊 x

• Heart
Hi guys, I'm just wondering are raised moles abnormal? I have a couple, the colour itself, shape etc looks ok and no itching or bleeding but I'm wondering are them being raised a cause for concern?

Raised moles are fine unless the edges are uneven, they’ve got bigger suddenly or the colour changes within them
If they are in a place that is awkward ie where they could catch on a bra fastening then they could present a problem and might need to be removed.
If they don’t itch, bleed or have a crust then they are healthy.
That is my understanding.

I'm currently using a brush on wart remover to remove moles. I'll see how it goes.

Hi guys, I'm just wondering are raised moles abnormal? I have a couple, the colour itself, shape etc looks ok and no itching or bleeding but I'm wondering are them being raised a cause for concern?
I went to see a dr about one of mine. Itchy for years, funny shape, colour, raised, hard, big. He said it was ok 🤷‍♀️
Keep photos of it. No harm in getting checked though if it's worrying you.
I felt a bit silly going but it was the itching that worried me as I heard go see a dr if they itch.

Last edited:
As far as I know, no. Just obviously keep an eye on it and any changes go and get it seen. If you have any concerns it’s always worth going to get checked! I’m super glad I did 🥰

I’ve had 2 moles on my back removed and one near my hairline. All done by laser. The ones on my back were raised, jelly like moles and they used to get caught on my bra. Plus they made me self conscious as they were quite big.

The one on my hairline was a light coloured SK mole and it looked like a wart more than anything so that had to go too. I went to the doctors about them all but they wouldn’t remove them as it was for cosmetic reasons.

The laser procedure was pretty simple. From what I can remember she injected the area with a needle to numb it and that stung slightly (I’m a wuss when it comes to needles). And then she removed it with the laser which I didn’t feel at all. I think I could smell the burning skin which was pretty rank 😂😷😷

I had to put a plaster on them initially and couldn’t get the area wet for a few days - a week maybe. The ones on my back have left tiny white marks and I haven’t got any scars at all on my hairline.

I’d definitely recommend laser though.

I’ve had a fair few removed now, one was Basel cell carcinoma, so when that was removed they cut out what looked like a mini chicken fillet. I’ve got scars from all removals but it doesn’t really bother me.

• Wow
I’ve had 2 moles on my back removed and one near my hairline. All done by laser. The ones on my back were raised, jelly like moles and they used to get caught on my bra. Plus they made me self conscious as they were quite big.

The one on my hairline was a light coloured SK mole and it looked like a wart more than anything so that had to go too. I went to the doctors about them all but they wouldn’t remove them as it was for cosmetic reasons.

The laser procedure was pretty simple. From what I can remember she injected the area with a needle to numb it and that stung slightly (I’m a wuss when it comes to needles). And then she removed it with the laser which I didn’t feel at all. I think I could smell the burning skin which was pretty rank 😂😷😷

I had to put a plaster on them initially and couldn’t get the area wet for a few days - a week maybe. The ones on my back have left tiny white marks and I haven’t got any scars at all on my hairline.

I’d definitely recommend laser though.
I’m guessing that was done by a private clinic? I’ve got a fair few on my face I’d like removed - NHS just flat out said no and a private doctor said the scars would be bigger than the moles because of being cut out so she wouldn’t recommend it. She didn’t mention laser at all though so I’m wondering if that’s different?

I’m guessing that was done by a private clinic? I’ve got a fair few on my face I’d like removed - NHS just flat out said no and a private doctor said the scars would be bigger than the moles because of being cut out so she wouldn’t recommend it. She didn’t mention laser at all though so I’m wondering if that’s different?
This is what was said to me too. That the scar would be worse. But this thread is full of people who are pleased with their removals so it's confusing...

This is what was said to me too. That the scar would be worse. But this thread is full of people who are pleased with their removals so it's confusing...
Yeah exactly. I’ve had two removed (NHS doctors) on my stomach and I’ve got scars but they’re barely noticeable. If I could have the ones on my face removed with similar scars I wouldn’t mind that at all