Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Yes a few, all fine just removed with a scalpel. Recently had one removed though and they took a massive chunk out, really deep too. It was skin cancer. Didn’t feel it though as you have it numbed. I’m not bothered about scarring, I’d rather that than a mole the could potentially turn out to be cancer.

Reactions: 4

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I think it would have to be done privately so I assume it would be!

I just googled it and this came up... although I’m always dubious of ordering things like this online and whether the reviews are legit!

There is the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Reactions: 3
Don’t freak out. Mole in themselves are fine. Just keep aware of changes to look out for.
Thank you! I just freaked out as so many people were discussing removing moles from their face. I’m going to book in to get them checked tbh cos that cancer comment freaked me out. I shouldn’t read tattle whilst already anxious!

Reactions: 2

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I just wondered if anyone had any experiences with mole removal before!

I’m getting a mole on my foot removed next week and i feel like I’m over thinking the whole thing! I’m not sure what to expect really, both during the removal and afterwards?

Last edited:

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Heya - this thread has made me quite anxious about my moles now?! I had one removed as a child from my face because of concerns (I was 10 so can’t remember specifics) but still have 2/3 on my face and probably 5/6 on clavicle? And then obviously more all over body.

Surely I don’t need them removing?! I obvs check they’re not showing any signs and wear a daily SPF regardless but slightly freaking out now!
Hey - I was the original poster of this thread… If they haven’t changed at all there’s no reason to be concerned 😊😊 x

• Heart
I’ve had a fair few removed now, one was Basel cell carcinoma, so when that was removed they cut out what looked like a mini chicken fillet. I’ve got scars from all removals but it doesn’t really bother me.

• Wow

Curly Top

VIP Member
Raised moles are fine unless the edges are uneven, they’ve got bigger suddenly or the colour changes within them
If they are in a place that is awkward ie where they could catch on a bra fastening then they could present a problem and might need to be removed.
If they don’t itch, bleed or have a crust then they are healthy.
That is my understanding.

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
The doctor I saw who told me about the scarring was actually private, as I have medical insurance that would cover it through work. But that’s what she said too - as it’s not a medical concern she would advise leaving it alone rather than ending up with a big scar on my face.

That’s my other worry too, I don’t really let on to anyone else that I’m bothered about them and so to have some of them removed I think would draw more attention to them? It is a hard one!

Where were they, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m looking into laser but not sure if they would do it on my face.

Yes if you tell them it’s bothering you they should do.
I've had a couple lasered off. The scars are much better than the ones I've had cut off. There is a faint circle where they were but I really have to look. I'm not sure how to explain it but the skin is just a little lighter maybe? Google "moles after laser" and you will see some photos of people that have had it done on their faces. I would definitely do laser again. They were on my abdomen btw.

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
Has anyone had any experience with mole removal via laser? There's a couple on my face that I want removed (for vanity purposes) but I'm petrified of needles, I wondered if for laser they'll just use numbing cream?

Reactions: 1

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I used to have a mole on my neck when I was a teenager it made me feel so self concious. Fotunately it was removed with the minimum amount of fuss, It was well worth doing. Good luck to you.

Pot2PeeIn

Had a couple off my legs, luckily benign. Just don’t look while they do it 😬 it’s pretty quick and the healing not painful. Though with it being underfoot I imagine this could make things tricky. Hope all goes well x

slugella

VIP Member
Will the gp refer you to have a mole removed if it is normal. I have two raised ones, one always itches and have been before about it.
One of mine was removed to be tested as it was itchy but tests showed it was benign. I would go get it checked as itchiness is a symptom that they advise to go to a doc. If you have been before and they say no you could always ask for a second opinion from another doctor there.

I've had 4 removed that they were worried about but all tests came back fine. It's likely to be nothing but better to be safe than sorry :)

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Has anyone had any experience with mole removal via laser? There's a couple on my face that I want removed (for vanity purposes) but I'm petrified of needles, I wondered if for laser they'll just use numbing cream?
I was interested in this too, had a look on google but couldn’t find any exact answers about what happens/which moles they could or couldn’t treat. I don’t know for certain but with a laser I think they would use a numbing cream

Trixabellee9393

Hello I had one removed when I was 25 I’m 27 now. It was on my back and about the size of a 50p and slightly raised above the skin. Wanted it gone as I was sick of protecting it from the sun in summer. I was nervous as frik but it was literally fine I didn’t feel a thing an no pain at all after! Kept plaster on for about 4 days and was fine haven’t even got a scar xxx don’t worry

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Hi guys, I'm just wondering are raised moles abnormal? I have a couple, the colour itself, shape etc looks ok and no itching or bleeding but I'm wondering are them being raised a cause for concern?
As far as I know, no. Just obviously keep an eye on it and any changes go and get it seen. If you have any concerns it’s always worth going to get checked! I’m super glad I did 🥰

Paige7

VIP Member
I’ve had some done at the hospital and some done at the hospital - the ones I had done at the hospital have actually scarred less than the ones done at the GP - I don’t know if that’s just a coincidence lol
But honestly it’s nothing to worry about, they numb it first, then they cut it out and then sometimes they burn it to stop the bleeding before they stitch it but you won’t feel a thing - I’m always surprised how large the wound is because they have to go quite deep and wide to make sure if there are any cancerous cells that they get them all, luckily all mine have been ok
The stitches can sting a little bit afterwards but just keep them clean, I always take the dressing off after a couple of days to let the air get to it - it’s not painful
Hope it goes well 🙂

Bizziebody

VIP Member
I’m the same, want removed but scared about the scar so it’s better the devil you know for now.
I was pretty much told... free on NHS (as it causes a few problems from time to time) they’ll take it of in the quickeat and easiest way, it’s a medical procedure, not cosmetic, they will try not disfigure you obvs but little concern for how it looks.
I was told if I went private I could have a little more care and regard for cosmetic outcome but still a basic removal for £300 or have it removed by a plastic surgeon who would be totally concerned with minimising the scar but it’s around £5-600. I was also told not all removal methods work for all moles so it depends on the size/depth and location as to what methods and results you can have.
It might be worth a consultation for you if you’re keen to see if it can be done with minimal scaring?

I’m not really a person to spend money on cosmetic procedures, seems indulgent and unnecessary, I also worry my face will look off balance or something because I’m so used to it. But then I think stop being tight and being a pussy and just get on with it as I’ve disliked it for years. It’s a funny old thing to change your face, minor to everyone else but to yourself that sees it everyday, it’s nerve wracking I think
Get them off even if you need a payment plan to pay for the removal, just might save your life.
A young girl in our city decided she could not afford the medical removal of a wart like lump, she has just passed away a few days after wedding. She had stage 4 melanoma. Very sad.
A scar is way preferable to death.

• Sad

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I'm currently using a brush on wart remover to remove moles. I'll see how it goes.

Hi guys, I'm just wondering are raised moles abnormal? I have a couple, the colour itself, shape etc looks ok and no itching or bleeding but I'm wondering are them being raised a cause for concern?
I went to see a dr about one of mine. Itchy for years, funny shape, colour, raised, hard, big. He said it was ok 🤷‍♀️
Keep photos of it. No harm in getting checked though if it's worrying you.
I felt a bit silly going but it was the itching that worried me as I heard go see a dr if they itch.

Last edited: